PDA

View Full Version : Skid Plate update

rowhard
01/21/2009, 04:46 AM
Gett'in close. Maybe 2 weeks, I can take some orders for front and rear plates. Just thought I would share a couple of photo's of before and after.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/../gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_00035.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/../gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12832)
This is what they looked like when I got them. Not sure if I will use the side molds or not.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/IMG_00086.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12831)
Here are the front and rear now. Used Duratec primer with a hi gloss additive. Will do one more final color sanding with 1000, then polish them with a 2 stage mold polish and they should be ready to go. Can then produce a master plug to make more molds from.

vt_maverick
01/21/2009, 09:52 AM
Got a price in mind yet?

vt_maverick
01/21/2009, 09:53 AM
And yes, as poster #1 in this thread I expect to be first on the list. ;)

kodiak
01/21/2009, 02:24 PM
Remember, sell them as you make them! It will save you from a lot of anxiety.;)

rowhard
01/21/2009, 03:36 PM
Remember, sell them as you make them! It will save you from a lot of anxiety.;)

Oh yea, not going to get into advance orders or holding anyone's money except my own like someone we all know about.

Price, fuzzy still. Hoping for 265 for the front, 250 for the rear plus handling & shipping. Of course, Washingtonians will have to buy Gregorie a cigar.

They will be shipped primed ready for paint. I can also paint them any color you choose but price isn't set for that yet.

rowhard
02/01/2009, 10:20 AM
SUCCESS! Just pulled the first rear skid plate out of the mold. A few problems to deal with, molds to be made from it, but am very happy with the first try, It is Glass Smooth. YES!:):)

pbkid
02/01/2009, 11:10 AM
sweet!!! gonna change the shape of the VX a little huh?

just let us know once you get somethin done...would love to get some fire engine red ones :eek:

Ldub
02/01/2009, 11:26 AM
SUCCESS! Just pulled the first rear skid plate out of the mold. A few problems to deal with, molds to be made from it, but am very happy with the first try, It is Glass Smooth. YES!:):)

:thumbup:...:thumbup:...:thumbup:...:cool:

Bieredalsace
02/04/2009, 11:02 AM
Oh yea, not going to get into advance orders or holding anyone's money except my own like someone we all know about.

Price, fuzzy still. Hoping for 265 for the front, 250 for the rear plus handling & shipping. Of course, Washingtonians will have to buy Gregorie a cigar.

They will be shipped primed ready for paint. I can also paint them any color you choose but price isn't set for that yet.

I know the weather hasn't been very nice, but have you made anymore progress on these pieces?
Forgive me if I have missed other more recent posts on this subject. Thanks

CrzyFool
02/06/2009, 01:18 AM
I am also very interested in your progress, please let us know. :-)

rowhard
02/06/2009, 04:14 AM
I'm still plugging along, still learning. I should be producing new molds this weekend of the rear plate, the front is a work in progress. Trying to get a 'class A finish' on them.

pbkid
02/06/2009, 09:04 AM
I'm still plugging along, still learning. I should be producing new molds this weekend of the rear plate, the front is a work in progress. Trying to get a 'class A finish' on them.

nice, good to see that your making a good product instead of a cheap one done fast...

rowhard
02/06/2009, 08:02 PM
nice, good to see that your making a good product instead of a cheap one done fast...

it's family
don't think I need to say anymore

Ldub
02/06/2009, 08:14 PM
it's family
don't think I need to say anymore

THAT is integrity...not often enough seen in todays world...:thumbup:

You have my eternal respect!

rowhard
02/06/2009, 09:19 PM

Thanks dub

I am of the last generation, not the next

Ldub
02/07/2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks dub

I am of the last generation, not the next

No thanks needed, the fact that you refer to your sig oth in terms of respect & humor (she who must be...:smilewink), let me know a lot about you, a long time ago.:cool:

You should get to Moab sometime soon!...like MAY!:naughty:

Scott Harness
02/07/2009, 05:32 AM

Very rare these days!!

Solitude
02/07/2009, 10:26 AM
I am thinking about a set 2.. awesome work