PDA

View Full Version : This is it People...

iamironman
01/19/2009, 07:22 PM
Tomorrow is going to change things...

I predict that Tomorrow will be the Begining of a new Era for us and America as a whole.
All for the good. All for prosperity.
We have some bumps to get over, but we will.
A show of confidence and loyalty in and for our country is all we need.

This will not be just because of Obama. I think he is only going to be one of the catalysts.

It will be because of US mostly.
We all want a change from the way things have been.
And I believe it's just gearing up to happen big time.
New politicians. New policies (http://www.hotstockmarket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57571&page=131#). New Confidence. New Peace and, Prosperity

I hope this note finds you and yours in good health, mood and attitude for the coming change. Bless us all by whatever you choose to believe in. Thanks for reading.

P.S. I just thought I'd start this and see if we can't all just Generate some good positive thoughts and Kharma...

Gussie2000
01/19/2009, 07:24 PM
Tomorrow is going to change things...

I predict that Tomorrow will be the Begining of a new Era for us and America as a whole.
All for the good. All for prosperity.
We have some bumps to get over, but we will.
A show of confidence and loyalty in and for our country is all we need.

This will not be just because of Obama. I think he is only going to be one of the catalysts.

It will be because of US mostly.
We all want a change from the way things have been.
And I believe it's just gearing up to happen big time.
New politicians. New policies (http://www.hotstockmarket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57571&page=131#). New Confidence. New Peace and, Prosperity

I hope this note finds you and yours in good health, mood and attitude for the coming change. Bless us all by whatever you choose to believe in. Thanks for reading.

P.S. I just thought I'd start this and see if we can't all just Generate some good positive thoughts and Kharma...

Amen !

kodiak
01/19/2009, 07:44 PM
Amen !

X2!

tomdietrying
01/19/2009, 08:33 PM
Gussie2000,
I agree with you 100%. If you haven't noticed the number under my name for the past year, it's a day I've been waiting for too.

Tomorrow has been a long day coming for America and for the world. Spread the positive thoughts, the karma, the prayer and the peace.

Peace.
Tom

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
01/19/2009, 09:22 PM
You sucked!

Ldub
01/19/2009, 10:26 PM
You sucked!

Now THAT is what I call spreading the positive vibe...:thumbup:

Good karma on you junkie!...no, really, apperently you can use it.

Do you even remember the last post you had, that had anything to do with a VX?...:rolleyesg

don moore
01/20/2009, 12:32 AM
oh no..hes back at it again....lol at you junkie...grow up..:p

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
01/20/2009, 12:37 AM
Sorry here is something vx related...George w bush has never driven a vx, will probably never drive a vx, was the worst f'n prez in American history, and I'm positive about that!

Lbub
Politics is too high brow for you to discuss... I hear there is a sale on plastic skulls at kmart! Better scadadle before an 11 year old buys the last one...

nocturnalVX
01/20/2009, 01:16 AM
Lbub
Politics is too high brow for you to discuss... I hear there is a sale on plastic skulls at kmart! Better scadadle before an 11 year old buys the last one...

Sorry Dub,

That was me grabbing the last plastic skull at K-Mart (thanks Junkie, they always said I looked young for my age...)

Don't bother looking in Target, Walgreens or Pic N' Save either... I cleaned them out too! Needed some for my Ducati...

tomdietrying
01/20/2009, 01:07 PM
Hot Wasabi Junkie could be a little more positive, but you have to understand where he's coming from. We have been lied to, our country economy is in the toilet, we had the greatest surplus of money in our history only 8 short years ago. Now, we have the greatest deficit. 23 million jobs were created the eight years before this administration. How many jobs were created the last eight years? I think it's about 3 million jobs.

Someone put us in this situation. I think he is saying that people need to be held accountable for their job. You're held accountable for your job, I hope. I'm held accountable for my job. President Bush got re-elected 4 years ago. That means the country said he was doing a good job. It turns out he really wasn't doing a good job. That's why he has the lowest job approval of ANY President. His was even lower than Carter's.

This is where it gets tricky. By electing President Bush again, you told him to keep doing the same things he was doing the first four years. Take credit for that, but also give credit good or bad to the admistration. It seems people don't want to give Bush credit for how bad everything is now. By doing that, it means if you voted for him some of that credit goes to you too.

The people responsible for our mess have never owned up to our situation. Always give credit to the person responsible. Always take credit when you are responsible. That means good credit and bad credit.

Basically, don't give praising marks just because someone is a Republican or a Democrat. Give high marks for a job well done, and give poor marks for poor job done.

Peace.
Tom
01/20/09

p.s.
Now to keep this VX related. I don't think President Bush drives a VX because he doesn't like to tilt his head getting in.

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
01/20/2009, 04:46 PM
10...Does not consume enough gas...
9.....Does not burn enough oil....
8.....The recaro leather seats make his *** itch...
7....Can't figure out how to open up the gas cap...
6.... he kept pressing the power button, but Cheney still told him what to do
5....The windows kept sticking, leaving him open to flying shoes..
4...The cargo area was not big enough for his ten gallon hat..
3...He kept pressing the "winter" button, but could not get it to snow..
2...The "fuzzy hole" reminded him of laura's bush
and the number one reason gwb does not drive a VX..

Because he's a f'n idiot!

Gussie2000
01/20/2009, 05:12 PM

hahahahahahaha that was funny though

PK
01/20/2009, 05:26 PM
Well, as an outsider looking in, I wish Obama and all of you good luck.
Bush certainly caused the World opinion of the USA to suffer.

And we all know - when USA sneezes, the rest of the world catches pneumonia (spelling??).

Going by his acceptance speech, he certainly can put the talk together.
Hope he has the actions to go with it.

Good luck to all

PK

johnnyapollo
01/20/2009, 08:31 PM
I'm actually the most physically excited and mentally clear that I've been in a long time - a result of today. Here's looking to the future!

-- John

iamironman
01/20/2009, 10:40 PM
I thought his speech was incredible...

jwatk1ns
01/21/2009, 06:03 AM
Oh my God, Obama is good! Oh my God, Obama is Great! Worship him, for he has already overcome the greatest OBSTACLE of All. HE was BORN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CaBR3z85c&eurl=http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/195947.php&feature=player_embedded

Ldub
01/21/2009, 06:32 AM
Lbub

Yeah, you're right, with an eloquent comment like "you sucked", you positioned yourself as intelectually superior...good on you!
FYI, it's FAR too late in the season to purchace haloween goodies...:sighwgray

Sorry Dub,

That was me grabbing the last plastic skull at K-Mart (thanks Junkie, they always said I looked young for my age...)

Don't bother looking in Target, Walgreens or Pic N' Save either... I cleaned them out too! Needed some for my Ducati...

Next year my friend, I'll beat you to it...:smilewink

Hot Wasabi Junkie could be a little more positive, but you have to understand where he's coming from. We have been lied to, our country economy is in the toilet, we had the greatest surplus of money in our history only 8 short years ago. Now, we have the greatest deficit. 23 million jobs were created the eight years before this administration. How many jobs were created the last eight years? I think it's about 3 million jobs.

Someone put us in this situation. I think he is saying that people need to be held accountable for their job. You're held accountable for your job, I hope. I'm held accountable for my job. President Bush got re-elected 4 years ago. That means the country said he was doing a good job. It turns out he really wasn't doing a good job. That's why he has the lowest job approval of ANY President. His was even lower than Carter's.

This is where it gets tricky. By electing President Bush again, you told him to keep doing the same things he was doing the first four years. Take credit for that, but also give credit good or bad to the admistration. It seems people don't want to give Bush credit for how bad everything is now. By doing that, it means if you voted for him some of that credit goes to you too.

The people responsible for our mess have never owned up to our situation. Always give credit to the person responsible. Always take credit when you are responsible. That means good credit and bad credit.

Basically, don't give praising marks just because someone is a Republican or a Democrat. Give high marks for a job well done, and give poor marks for poor job done.

Peace.
Tom
01/20/09

p.s.
Now to keep this VX related. I don't think President Bush drives a VX because he doesn't like to tilt his head getting in.

Good points all, Tom, though I can't take any credit for helping good ol' George get elected either time...niether of the two mainstream parties are what I'd call "sponge worthy"...:smilewink

Now THAT required some thought...:thumbup:

WormGod
01/21/2009, 08:37 AM
I am just glad all the clowns are starting to leave DC now. We need to hold the inauguration somewhere where it is barren and doesnt affect the lives of everyone who lives in the community. DC has been an overcrowded, disaster zone since last Friday. Transport was near impossible and cel phone use was in and out. Hell, I live here and I watched it on tv!!!! Isn't that good enough?!?!?! :mad:

Oh ya.... here's to things picking up in the country and the rest of the world. :)

vt_maverick
01/21/2009, 09:34 AM
Oh my God, Obama is good! Oh my God, Obama is Great! Worship him...

My thoughts exactly. Great speeches, trendy logos, and large gatherings do not necessarily a great President or leader make. He is entertaining to listen to and I think he means well, so I wish him the best. But I think this endless delirium, especially in the news (oh God please somebody pull the plug on CNN before I vomit) will meet a rough wake-up call in a few months. At least he had the good sense to try and temper everyone's expectations with his inauguration speech.

Concerning taking responsibility and credit for screwing things up, at least so far as our current economic meltdown is concerned, don't forgot that equal credit lies at the feet of individual citizens who decided they really needed a $300K house on a $50K income (Obama did a great job of pointing that finger in his speech, albeit in a subtle manner) as well as the banks who lent them the money. High-dollar war spending didn't cause our economic crisis; corporate and individual financial irresponsibility did. If anything, defense spending simply thinned the pool of money that could be doled out for "stimulus packages" (aka I-don't-want-to-accept-responsibility-for-my-crappy-business-decision-so-bail-me-out). Can you imagine how much money we would be pouring into failing businesses right now if we actually had it in the bank? Keep in mind that both Bush and Obama were in favor of this "golden parachute". I'm not saying that spending trillions of dollars a year in Iraq and Afghanistan was necessarily a smart use of money, but it wasn't ultimately what caused the current crisis.

There's no question that Bush made a lot of mistakes, and it's good for the country that his administration is behind us. I'm just saying... have a cracker or two with your Kool-Aid. :p

LittleBeast
01/21/2009, 09:52 AM
All I can say is that we in the US are so used to complaining, that it seems that is all we can do now. For the last few decades we have enjoyed some of the most amazingly prospering years in any civilizations history, yet now we have become so complacent in our luxuries that we expect prosperity to continue for us no matter what, and I believe our pride in our successes has caught up to us. Every finger should not be pointed out at others, but each and every single one of us should take a moment and not expect someone to save us, but we should all look back to ourselves and be thankful for each heart beat and remember the days of excessive prosperity and know that we should be very appreciative of where we have been and realize that if we get there again, we should not take pride in what we have done for ourselves, but be humbled at our blessings and position of influence in the world. Let's get really honest here if you own a vehicle you are more wealthy than 90% of the world, if you have food at every meal you have many things you could boast about over millions of other people in our world today, I am glad that our countries method of selecting a new leader is still in place and I am glad that for many people they are encouraged and inspired by the specifics of this particular leader in our countries history, yet for me I am so humbled by the many blessings we enjoy on a daily basis, and all the many freedoms we take for granted here in the US, that it is hard for me to point a finger of judgment towards any ONE person, for I do not believe that is right, if you want real change and if you want real results look to inspiring yourself to live for something more satisfying and more meaningful than some earthly and circumstantial matter and if this indeed happens it will be a blessing to all those around you.

Scott Harness
01/22/2009, 07:27 AM
Oh my God, Obama is good! Oh my God, Obama is Great! Worship him, for he has already overcome the greatest OBSTACLE of All. HE was BORN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CaBR3z85c&eurl=http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/195947.php&feature=player_embedded

I think that is a subliminal anti-abortion ad:eek:

Scott Harness
01/22/2009, 07:32 AM
Gussie2000,
I agree with you 100%. If you haven't noticed the number under my name for the past year, it's a day I've been waiting for too.

Tomorrow has been a long day coming for America and for the world. Spread the positive thoughts, the karma, the prayer and the peace.

Peace.
Tom

YES! the Age of Aquarius is finally maturing:supercool