PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XLIII Tampa Florida

Mark B
01/19/2009, 03:07 PM
Ok, since I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and Tampa is hosting the Superbowl this year, I thought I would start this thread.
Who are you for? Cardinals or Steelers.
I grew up in St. Louis Missouri and have always loved the Cardinals. They played in St. Louis and I went to many games. They moved to Phoenix and I still follow and love the team. Go Kurt Warner.
Cardinals 32 Steelers 28.

Solitude
01/19/2009, 03:12 PM
I am in a quandary. I grew up 90 miles north of pittsburgh and have always been a Steelers fan.

And now I live in Phoenix and am in shock. Gotta love the underdog..

Steelers Win so they can have more rings then those freakin Cowboys

Steelers 35 Cardinals 24

WormGod
01/19/2009, 04:48 PM
I am still for the Ravens. :p

tomdietrying
01/19/2009, 08:35 PM
I just like the Kurt Warner storey. Go Cards!
Peace.
Tom

Ldub
01/19/2009, 10:37 PM
Uhhhhhhhhh...Go VIKES?...:rolleyesg

Triathlete
01/19/2009, 10:53 PM
The super Bowl is just a prerequisit to giving the STEELERS yet another ring!:cool:

Riff Raff
01/20/2009, 03:05 AM
We all know it was the "cheating zebra's" that gave the undeserving victory to the Steeler's in SB-40, so that SB ring is tarnished and doesn't count. As punishment, I sincerely hope the Arizona Cardinal's are victorious and send the Steeler's home licking their wounds. Go "CARDINAL's"!!!

circmand
01/21/2009, 10:32 AM
If the NFL and Super Bowls were rigged it would come out. This is just sour grapes from people who root for losing teams. Sure the officiating sucked in the game but calls went against noth teams and neither team really played that well.

circmand
01/21/2009, 12:38 PM
Reaction to officiating in Super Bowl XL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The officiating in Super Bowl XL was met with harsh criticism from both the fans and the media soon after the game. Some columnists decried the officiating for costing the Seattle Seahawks the game, while other columnists and the National Football League said the calls were largely correct. Others suggested that the calls would not have made a difference anyway, and that there were also calls that went against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers won the game, 21-10.

Contents [hide]
1 Initial reaction
2 Calls against the Seahawks
3 Calls against the Steelers
4 References

[edit] Initial reaction
Shortly after the game, Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock encapsulated many views when he wrote the day after the game, "Bill Leavy and his crew ruined Super Bowl XL. Am I the only one who would like to hear them defend their incompetence?"[1]

Initially, fans reacted negatively as well. A February 7 online ESPN poll found that, with 103,167 votes cast, 61.7% of voters felt that "officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL."[2]

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren himself took issue with the officiating at a celebration for his team on February 6 at Qwest Field, saying, "We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."[3]

Others argued that the calls were largely correct. Kevin Blackistone, a columnist with the Dallas Morning News, expressed this view on ESPN's Around the Horn: "The litmus test for this is the fact when you talk to the Seattle Seahawks after the game, they didn't talk about the referees. They talked about problems they had of their own making."[4]

In response to the criticisms leveled at the officials, the NFL, just two days after the game, released a statement defending the officials' performance. "The game was properly officiated, including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement. [5]

The game ended a playoffs season that was plagued by complaints about officiating, most notably during the divisional playoff games between the Steelers and Colts, the Broncos and Patriots, and the Bears and Panthers.[6]

[edit] Calls against the Seahawks
The following is a list of the most oft-criticized calls that went against the Seahawks:

First Quarter, 2:08 left, score tied 0-0: Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck threw a 16-yard pass that wide receiver Darrell Jackson caught in the end zone, but the play was called back on an offensive pass interference call. Back Judge Bob Waggoner, a Pittsburgh native[7], flagged Jackson for pushing off Steelers safety Chris Hope. Seattle had to settle for a Josh Brown field goal. Critics claimed both Jackson and the defensive player were jostling for position and that officials should not have flagged either player. Michael Smith of ESPN wrote that "Jackson extended his arm, yes, but both players were fighting for position, and he didn't create any separation by doing so."[8] Adding to the controversy was the fact that Waggoner's flag was thrown several seconds after the play ended, which some saw as proof that Hope had lobbied for the call[9].
Second Quarter, 2:00 left, Seahawks lead 3-0: On third down from the Seattle one-yard line, Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger took the snap, faked a handoff, and dove toward the left side of a pile along the goal-line before being hit by Seahawks linebacker D.D. Lewis. He then extended his arm that was holding the ball to the goal line, though it is unclear as to whether the extension was before or after he was officially down. After first raising one hand (as if to indicate that the quarterback was down), head linesman Mark Hittner raised a second arm to signal a touchdown. The play stood after review, to the considerable ire of Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who berated Leavy on the way to the locker room following the first half.[10] The play was hotly debated in the media between those who thought the play should have resulted in a fourth-down-and-inches situation[11] and those who thought the ball crossed the goal line.[12] Roethlisberger appeared on the The Late Show with David Letterman the day after the game and told the host that, immediately after the play, he had told Cowher, "I don’t think I got in," but that the team was "ready to go for it on fourth down anyway."[13] He later explained that he was referring to his initial impression only, and believes "the ball crossed the plane."[14]
Fourth Quarter, 12:35 left, Steelers lead 14-10: Hasselbeck completed an 18-yard pass to tight end Jerramy Stevens at the Steelers 1-yard line. The play was nullified by a penalty against Seattle right tackle Sean Locklear for holding Pittsburgh linebacker Clark Haggans. Critics of the call dubbed it a "phantom hold,"[15] but others argued that, since NFL rules prohibit the encircling of a defender with hands or arms (i.e., "hooking") and since Locklear did appear briefly to have an arm around Haggans’ neck, the call was correct and not unusual.[16] In addition, there is a dispute whether Haggans was offsides during the play, but in slow motion, "it looks like he crossed the line right at the snap, not early". [16]
Fourth Quarter, 10:54 left, Steelers lead 14-10: Three plays after the nullified pass to Stevens, Hasselbeck threw an interception to Pittsburgh cornerback Ike Taylor, who returned the ball 24 yards. A 15-yard personal foul was whistled against Hasselbeck for a "low block," advancing the Steelers to their own 44-yard line. During the American television broadcast, commentator Al Michaels said, "We think this was a bad call," suggesting that Hasselbeck was not blocking another Pittsburgh player but was instead making a low tackle on a ball carrier, which is legal. However, NFL Network announcer Rich Eisen in a column he wrote for nfl.com claims it was the right call by the rules, even if the rule itself may be defective.[17] Mike Pereira, the Director of Officiating for the NFL, has said that "the call was not correct" and "should not have been made."[18]
Fourth Quarter, 4:45 left, Steelers lead 21-10: With the Steelers' hoping to convert a first down on third-and-six in order to take more time off the clock, Roethlisberger was forced to call a timeout when Pittsburgh had difficulty getting a play off as the play clock ran down. The Steelers were awarded a timeout, but some contended that the play clock hit zero seconds before Roethlisberger called for a timeout, which would have constituted a delay-of-game and resulted in a five-yard penalty against Pittsburgh.[19]

[edit] Calls against the Steelers
Although the negative media reaction against the officials was largely due to calls that did not go the Seahawks way, others suggested that there were calls that didn't go the Steelers' way. Gregg Easterbrook of NFL.com wrote:

Four of the six big officiating decisions went against Seattle. Does this mean a pro-Steelers bias, as some in the sports yak world are saying, or perhaps a slap at Mike Holmgren by the officiating guild? ... The two decisions that favored the Hawks were the fourth-quarter replay reversal that gave possession, initially awarded to Pittsburgh, back to Seattle; and the no-call of a block in the back by Seattle during Kelly Herndon's record interception return. Of the four big decisions that favored the Steelers, two seemed correct to me.[20]
Pittsburgh was not called for any penalties during the second half while Seattle had three, including two of the disputed calls mentioned above.[21]

Riff Raff
01/22/2009, 04:50 AM
VXR; well said, thanks for putting CIRCMAND in his proper place!!! As was stated earlier; the Steeler's did not deserve to win SB-40, as it was totally "rigged" by the cheating zebra's. It was probably one of the worst officiated games in all of NFL history; and undoubtedly, "THE WORST" Officiated "Super Bowl" ever in NFL history!!!

We; devoted Seattle Seahawk fans, will never ever forget how we were cheated out of that SB-40 victory. All of us Seattle Seahawk fans are totally rootin' for the Arizona Cardinal's to kick the Steeler's @ss in this year's SB as part pay-back for that unworthy victory of SB-40.

May the Steeler's highest honor this year remain only as AFC Champions (and as this year's SB loser's)!!! Go "CARDINAL's"!!!

circmand
01/22/2009, 07:36 AM
stating the calls upon review were correct and that the 4 most questionable calls went 2 against each team put me in my place? The whole article must be read otherwise you may jump to conclusions that are incorrect. I understand 2 birds being against it Ravens and Seahawks but I forgive them because I know they are just upset they got beaten by a better team. Though I have to admit had the Ravens been healthy it may have been a different game. But as for SB 40 officiating aside the Seahawks played very poorly.

Triathlete
01/22/2009, 10:29 AM
So, what does anything that the REF's did in SB40 have to do with the Steelers team that is going to win the SB this year. The Steelers simply played the game they didn't make the calls. Blame the officials not the teams. Bad calls happen all the time...its not the teams fault. :noy:

circmand
01/22/2009, 03:05 PM
Kevin Blackistone, a columnist with the Dallas Morning News, expressed this view on ESPN's Around the Horn: "The litmus test for this is the fact when you talk to the Seattle Seahawks after the game, they didn't talk about the referees. They talked about problems they had of their own making."[4]

In response to the criticisms leveled at the officials, the NFL, just two days after the game, released a statement defending the officials' performance. "The game was properly officiated, including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement. [5]

VXR
01/22/2009, 04:31 PM
Kevin Blackistone, a columnist with the Dallas Morning News, expressed this view on ESPN's Around the Horn: "The litmus test for this is the fact when you talk to the Seattle Seahawks after the game, they didn't talk about the referees. They talked about problems they had of their own making."[4]

one guys opinion

:confused: really :confused: an NFL spokesman :confused: really :confused: what did you expect them to say???

OK I will help you. Here is a poll ESPN did. Notice the amount of people who voted. A few more opinions than your two guys (one of whom did not give his opinion on the calls themselves and the other who said only two were bad). oh ya and the NFL guy:confused:

Do you think officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL? (103,167 votes)
61.7% Yes
38.2% No

Which played the biggest role in determining the outcome of the game? (118,130 votes)
57.5% Officials missing calls
28.3% Seahawks not making plays
14.2% Steelers making plays

What grade would you give referee Bill Leavy's officiating crew for Super Bowl XL? (118,130 votes)
50.6% F
24.8% D
13.9% C
8.8% B
1.9% A

Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter? (118,130 votes)
73.8% No
20.5% Yes
5.7% I'm not sure

Do you think the football broke the plane of the goal line on Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run in the second quarter? (118,130 votes)
59.3% No
25.9% Yes
14.8% I'm not sure

Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens? (118,130 votes)
74.3% No
15.3% Yes
10.4% I'm not sure

Triathlete
01/22/2009, 09:55 PM
You are right it is not the Steelers fault that two refs born and raised in Pittsburgh called the game. Maybe they were 49er fans growing up.

So, the Steelers hired the refs?:rolleyes:

circmand
01/23/2009, 07:33 AM
So what a buch of people who dont know crap about the rules and who were probably drunk and watch only what was shown on TV is more accurate than want a team of trained officials and an experienced sports writer and the crew at around the horn think?

I just love conspiracy enthusiasts:

We did land on the moon

Lee Harvey acted alone

We have not been visited by aliens

Elvis is not alive and working as a pin stter in New Jersey

And there is not a vast international conspiracy to give the Steelers more SB wins

Triathlete
01/23/2009, 12:28 PM

Nope, he's alive and performing in Tombstone, Az....i saw him there a few months ago!:bwgy:

circmand
01/24/2009, 12:12 PM
didnt suck. It did. What I am saying is analysis afterwards show there was no bias towards or against any team. Any time officiating is bad uninformed people feel it is only the losing team that the calls against. As far as an opinion poll that was done ESPN did not use any approved form of scientific polling. They posted a poll and anyone who wanted to vote could, anyone who wanted to vote multiple times could. As it is human nature to complain when unhappy but let things go if you are satisfied it is only natural that Seahawk fans would call and Steeler fans would not. Even had the game been fixed Congress has shown a willingness to get involved and investigate. Now I appreciate that Seahawk fans are upset they lost the only chance to win a super bowl and currently it does not look like they will get another chance any time soon. So I know if God himself came down from heaven and said the game was honest they would accuse him of being a Steelr fan and lying about it. Being unhappy with the results does not make the results incorrect.

VXR
01/25/2009, 12:54 PM
If you reread everything I never said the game was fixed (or that the Steelers hired the refs :rolleyes:). Your attempt to paint me as a conspiracy theorist should be lost on any rational person. I know what I saw and the refs handed the Steelers the game. Did they do it on purpose? who knows :confused: I realize the poll is unscientific but the fact that some reporter and the NFL say the game was called correct is solace to only the sheep of the world and Pit fans :grinb: :gring:

Ldub
01/25/2009, 01:02 PM
X2
Wrong. Did you even watch the game???

Reaction to officiating in Super Bowl XL
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The officiating in Super Bowl XL was met with harsh criticism from both the fans and the media soon after the game. Some columnists decried the officiating for costing the Seattle Seahawks the game, while other columnists and the National Football League said the calls were largely correct. Others suggested that the calls would not have made a difference anyway, and that there were also calls that went against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers won the game, 21-10.

Contents [hide]
1 Initial reaction
2 Calls against the Seahawks
3 Calls against the Steelers
4 References

[edit] Initial reaction
Shortly after the game, Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock encapsulated many views when he wrote the day after the game, "Bill Leavy and his crew ruined Super Bowl XL. Am I the only one who would like to hear them defend their incompetence?"[1]

Initially, fans reacted negatively as well. A February 7 online ESPN poll found that, with 103,167 votes cast, 61.7% of voters felt that "officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL."[2]

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren himself took issue with the officiating at a celebration for his team on February 6 at Qwest Field, saying, "We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."[3]

Others argued that the calls were largely correct. Kevin Blackistone, a columnist with the Dallas Morning News, expressed this view on ESPN's Around the Horn: "The litmus test for this is the fact when you talk to the Seattle Seahawks after the game, they didn't talk about the referees. They talked about problems they had of their own making."[4]

The game ended a playoffs season that was plagued by complaints about officiating, most notably during the divisional playoff games between the Steelers and Colts, the Broncos and Patriots, and the Bears and Panthers.[6]

[edit] Calls against the Seahawks
The following is a list of the most oft-criticized calls that went against the Seahawks:

First Quarter, 2:08 left, score tied 0-0: Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck threw a 16-yard pass that wide receiver Darrell Jackson caught in the end zone, but the play was called back on an offensive pass interference call. Back Judge Bob Waggoner, a Pittsburgh native[7], flagged Jackson for pushing off Steelers safety Chris Hope. Seattle had to settle for a Josh Brown field goal. Critics claimed both Jackson and the defensive player were jostling for position and that officials should not have flagged either player. Michael Smith of ESPN wrote that "Jackson extended his arm, yes, but both players were fighting for position, and he didn't create any separation by doing so."[8] Adding to the controversy was the fact that Waggoner's flag was thrown several seconds after the play ended, which some saw as proof that Hope had lobbied for the call[9].
Second Quarter, 2:00 left, Seahawks lead 3-0: On third down from the Seattle one-yard line, Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger took the snap, faked a handoff, and dove toward the left side of a pile along the goal-line before being hit by Seahawks linebacker D.D. Lewis. He then extended his arm that was holding the ball to the goal line, though it is unclear as to whether the extension was before or after he was officially down. After first raising one hand (as if to indicate that the quarterback was down), head linesman Mark Hittner raised a second arm to signal a touchdown. The play stood after review, to the considerable ire of Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who berated Leavy on the way to the locker room following the first half.[10] The play was hotly debated in the media between those who thought the play should have resulted in a fourth-down-and-inches situation[11] and those who thought the ball crossed the goal line.[12] Roethlisberger appeared on the The Late Show with David Letterman the day after the game and told the host that, immediately after the play, he had told Cowher, "I don’t think I got in," but that the team was "ready to go for it on fourth down anyway."[13] He later explained that he was referring to his initial impression only, and believes "the ball crossed the plane."[14]
Fourth Quarter, 12:35 left, Steelers lead 14-10: Hasselbeck completed an 18-yard pass to tight end Jerramy Stevens at the Steelers 1-yard line. The play was nullified by a penalty against Seattle right tackle Sean Locklear for holding Pittsburgh linebacker Clark Haggans. Critics of the call dubbed it a "phantom hold,"[15] but others argued that, since NFL rules prohibit the encircling of a defender with hands or arms (i.e., "hooking") and since Locklear did appear briefly to have an arm around Haggans’ neck, the call was correct and not unusual.[16] In addition, there is a dispute whether Haggans was offsides during the play, but in slow motion, "it looks like he crossed the line right at the snap, not early". [16]
Fourth Quarter, 10:54 left, Steelers lead 14-10: Three plays after the nullified pass to Stevens, Hasselbeck threw an interception to Pittsburgh cornerback Ike Taylor, who returned the ball 24 yards. A 15-yard personal foul was whistled against Hasselbeck for a "low block," advancing the Steelers to their own 44-yard line. During the American television broadcast, commentator Al Michaels said, "We think this was a bad call," suggesting that Hasselbeck was not blocking another Pittsburgh player but was instead making a low tackle on a ball carrier, which is legal. However, NFL Network announcer Rich Eisen in a column he wrote for nfl.com claims it was the right call by the rules, even if the rule itself may be defective.[17] Mike Pereira, the Director of Officiating for the NFL, has said that "the call was not correct" and "should not have been made."[18]
Fourth Quarter, 4:45 left, Steelers lead 21-10: With the Steelers' hoping to convert a first down on third-and-six in order to take more time off the clock, Roethlisberger was forced to call a timeout when Pittsburgh had difficulty getting a play off as the play clock ran down. The Steelers were awarded a timeout, but some contended that the play clock hit zero seconds before Roethlisberger called for a timeout, which would have constituted a delay-of-game and resulted in a five-yard penalty against Pittsburgh.[19]

[edit] Calls against the Steelers
Although the negative media reaction against the officials was largely due to calls that did not go the Seahawks way, others suggested that there were calls that didn't go the Steelers' way. Gregg Easterbrook of NFL.com wrote:

Four of the six big officiating decisions went against Seattle. Does this mean a pro-Steelers bias, as some in the sports yak world are saying, or perhaps a slap at Mike Holmgren by the officiating guild? ... The two decisions that favored the Hawks were the fourth-quarter replay reversal that gave possession, initially awarded to Pittsburgh, back to Seattle; and the no-call of a block in the back by Seattle during Kelly Herndon's record interception return. Of the four big decisions that favored the Steelers, two seemed correct to me.[20]
Pittsburgh was not called for any penalties during the second half while Seattle had three, including two of the disputed calls mentioned above.[21]

Thanks for proving my point:bwgr::smilewink:bgwp::bgwo:

VXR; well said, thanks for putting CIRCMAND in his proper place!!! As was stated earlier; the Steeler's did not deserve to win SB-40, as it was totally "rigged" by the cheating zebra's. It was probably one of the worst officiated games in all of NFL history; and undoubtedly, "THE WORST" Officiated "Super Bowl" ever in NFL history!!!

We; devoted Seattle Seahawk fans, will never ever forget how we were cheated out of that SB-40 victory. All of us Seattle Seahawk fans are totally rootin' for the Arizona Cardinal's to kick the Steeler's @ss in this year's SB as part pay-back for that unworthy victory of SB-40.

May the Steeler's highest honor this year remain only as AFC Champions (and as this year's SB loser's)!!! Go "CARDINAL's"!!!

stating the calls upon review were correct and that the 4 most questionable calls went 2 against each team put me in my place? The whole article must be read otherwise you may jump to conclusions that are incorrect. I understand 2 birds being against it Ravens and Seahawks but I forgive them because I know they are just upset they got beaten by a better team. Though I have to admit had the Ravens been healthy it may have been a different game. But as for SB 40 officiating aside the Seahawks played very poorly.

So lets see according to your article one guys opinion that two calls that didn’t go pits way makes all the calls on the hawks good?

It is tough to make a bad call on a booth review. You could basically add that one to another bad call on the field against the hawks.

A no call are you kidding me is it possible they just missed it?

Even your own guy admits the calls were bad.

I would reread your own article if I were you…

Where does your article say this call was correct:confused:

You are right it is not the Steelers fault that two refs born and raised in Pittsburgh called the game. Maybe they were 49er fans growing up.

one guys opinion

:confused: really :confused: an NFL spokesman :confused: really :confused: what did you expect them to say???

OK I will help you. Here is a poll ESPN did. Notice the amount of people who voted. A few more opinions than your two guys (one of whom did not give his opinion on the calls themselves and the other who said only two were bad). oh ya and the NFL guy:confused:

Do you think officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL? (103,167 votes)
61.7% Yes
38.2% No

Which played the biggest role in determining the outcome of the game? (118,130 votes)
57.5% Officials missing calls
28.3% Seahawks not making plays
14.2% Steelers making plays

What grade would you give referee Bill Leavy's officiating crew for Super Bowl XL? (118,130 votes)
50.6% F
24.8% D
13.9% C
8.8% B
1.9% A

Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter? (118,130 votes)
73.8% No
20.5% Yes
5.7% I'm not sure

Do you think the football broke the plane of the goal line on Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run in the second quarter? (118,130 votes)
59.3% No
25.9% Yes
14.8% I'm not sure

Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens? (118,130 votes)
74.3% No
15.3% Yes
10.4% I'm not sure

So what a buch of people who dont know crap about the rules and who were probably drunk and watch only what was shown on TV is more accurate than want a team of trained officials and an experienced sports writer and the crew at around the horn think?

I just love conspiracy enthusiasts:

We did land on the moon

Lee Harvey acted alone

We have not been visited by aliens

And there is not a vast international conspiracy to give the Steelers more SB wins

Ya thats what I was trying to say:rolleyes:

Are you talking about those few people that believe there was no bias on the part of the refs???

didnt suck. It did. What I am saying is analysis afterwards show there was no bias towards or against any team. Any time officiating is bad uninformed people feel it is only the losing team that the calls against. As far as an opinion poll that was done ESPN did not use any approved form of scientific polling. They posted a poll and anyone who wanted to vote could, anyone who wanted to vote multiple times could. As it is human nature to complain when unhappy but let things go if you are satisfied it is only natural that Seahawk fans would call and Steeler fans would not. Even had the game been fixed Congress has shown a willingness to get involved and investigate. Now I appreciate that Seahawk fans are upset they lost the only chance to win a super bowl and currently it does not look like they will get another chance any time soon. So I know if God himself came down from heaven and said the game was honest they would accuse him of being a Steelr fan and lying about it. Being unhappy with the results does not make the results incorrect.

If you reread everything I never said the game was fixed (or that the Steelers hired the refs :rolleyes:). Your attempt to paint me as a conspiracy theorist should be lost on any rational person. I know what I saw and the refs handed the Steelers the game. Did they do it on purpose? who knows :confused: I realize the poll is unscientific but the fact that some reporter and the NFL say the game was called correct is solace to only the sheep of the world and Pit fans :grinb: :gring:

LOLOLOL...OL...:biggringr...:biggringr

You guys do know you're discussing a GAME right?

Holy Crap...get over it...:rotate:

Oh yeah...Go vikes???:rolleyesg

Ldub
01/25/2009, 01:35 PM
good post. I was wondering when someone was going to say something like that:gring::grinb:

Real pleased you took it as a friendly reminder...nothing more...:cool:

circmand
01/25/2009, 07:03 PM
little fun without anyone going postal. I did not mean any offense and did not take any offense.

Ldub
01/25/2009, 09:43 PM
little fun without anyone going postal. I did not mean any offense and did not take any offense.

Then I guess nobody went postal...:smilewink

lasturbo
01/26/2009, 01:40 PM
Gotta go West Coast with the Cards. Kurt Warner should lead his young team to victory!:bwgr:

PK
01/27/2009, 01:03 AM
x2:bgwb::bgwg:

Cards have an Aussie punter. :smilewink:bgwo::bgwp:

Played AFL football for about 15 years until he got too old and slow to keep up.

Then goes to USA and picks up US$1,000,000 per year just to stand there and kick the ball.

Wierd!!!!

PK

PS Congratulations guys - I tried to get ya biting about the game a week or so ago, and everyone (bar 1) ignored me.:smilewink:bwgr:

Well done.

Riff Raff
01/27/2009, 04:24 AM
Gotta go West Coast with the Cards. Kurt Warner should lead his young team to victory!:bwgr:

x4

circmand
01/27/2009, 07:10 AM
:bgwp::bgwo::bgwo:
Same here good fun:gring::grinb:

glad I am not a Dallas fan:eek:

See we can all find something to agree on:bwgy::bwgr:

VCrossfan
01/27/2009, 09:09 AM
CARDS

Ldub
01/29/2009, 06:01 AM
kinda hard when they are replaying it on the NFL network as I write this:mad:

That thing that has the images you speak of, has an "off" switch...:smilewink

Oft times located on a different thing, called a remote.

Ldub
01/29/2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks man I always forget that:grinb::gring:

LOL...:razzgray:

circmand
01/29/2009, 02:09 PM

But then the voices in my head start talking:eek::eek::eek::eek:

circmand
02/02/2009, 06:57 AM
I had to say it of course but I was really impressed with AZ. I did not think they were that good but they really showed some impressive play.

Riff Raff
02/03/2009, 05:20 AM
Ditto, VXR, well said. The other issue in controversy was the last minute touchdown by Holmes #10-- if you play the tape back in slow motion and freeze-frame it, you will see that his Right Toe never touches the ground but in fact is tucked along side his Left Foot. Thereby making the touchdown invalid because both feet never touched the ground. Yes, both toes were pointed, but the Right Toe never actually touched the ground because his body was angled and he had his right foot slanted up against his left foot. Only the Left Toe actually touches the ground-- watch the tape again in freeze-frame slow motion and you will see, too.

The other issue VXR didn't mention was the unsportsmanlike conduct by #92 (yes, the same guy who ran the 100-yard interception touchdown). If you watch the unsportsmanlike conduct performance by #92, then that guy should have also been "EJECTED" from the game (along with the penalty). What a neanderthal THUG!!! In the evolution of man poster, he is the one in the middle: half-erect.

Oh, one last thing-- the SuperBowl ad's were really LAME this year. Only the Bridgestone tire ad was somewhat funny when somebody stole the wheels off of the lunar rover. Probably the best Bud Light ad ever produced in history was the famous Bud Light "Sausages" ad (talking dog). If you haven't seen it, then go to U-Tube and search: Bud Light Sausages (it will make you cry with laughter).

Now that the NFL season is over. Bring-on NASCAR!!! Go "SMOKE" (aka: Tony Stewart)

circmand
02/03/2009, 10:05 AM
Never heard of Chris Chase so one mans opinion

The play should have been reveiwed at the end but after dozens of replays and a NFL official statement it was a fumble

The catch was reviewed and was a catch. If you were listening you would have heard them talk about composites that are allowed to make a determination which is better than a just a review on any tv set available for purchase

Harrisons return was awesome his behavior in beating the AZ player was just plain stupid and illegal and quite possibly bad enough for ejection.

Shoving a quarterback while he is in the pocket several seconds after he has thrown the ball is out and out a penalty.

Arizona was clearly the reason they lost making stupid penalty after stupid penalty.

The AZ defense was quite awesome in holding Pittsburgh to a field goal after 6 goal to go attempts.

Notice unlike crybaby seahawks the Cards aren't crying and trying to blame the officials for their efforts coming up short.

Triathlete
02/03/2009, 11:15 AM
Wow! Maybe you guys should all quite your job and apply to be NFL refs...because obviously you can see things that the current ones can not. Or maybe you could use your superpowers to overcome evil as a superhero!
Its a freaking game that has no effect on YOUR life...get over it!:bgwo::bgwg::bgwb:

Ldub
02/03/2009, 08:11 PM
Wow! Maybe you guys should all quite your job and apply to be NFL refs...because obviously you can see things that the current ones can not. Or maybe you could use your superpowers to overcome evil as a superhero!
Its a freaking game that has no effect on YOUR life...get over it!:bgwo::bgwg::bgwb:

Ahhhhhhhhhh HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA...LOL my AZ off!...:laughgray

Oh Boo hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo...those mean ol' refs...::waab:

You of the "true fan" persuasion are most entertaining...:_mecker:

Oh god, I think I need a tissue...:rolleyesg

Beat the horse till' the cows come home...It's still dead.

Ldub
02/03/2009, 08:16 PM
Here is the link you can also read over 10,000 more opinions and even add your own if you want

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Officiating-dictates-Super-Bowl-XLIII-to-unrevie?urn=nfl,138123

Why would anyone with a life bother?...It's a game, presented for your entertainment...much like "professional" wrestling.

Mostly it's there so advertisers have a main line to the type of folks who will buy their products...mostly...:smilewink

Ldub
02/03/2009, 10:11 PM
oops we have caught your attention again:eek:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

I need them or how would I know what to buy:eek::eek::eek:

I feel somewhat slighted...:sighwgray

You neglected to quote my most fabulous gem...

"Beat the horse till' the cows come home...It's still dead."

Ldub
02/03/2009, 10:26 PM
Why would anyone with a life bother?...It's a game, presented for your entertainment...much like "professional" wrestling.

Mostly it's there so advertisers have a main line to the type of folks who will buy their products...mostly...:smilewink

I'll quote myself here, since I can't "double quote" the regular way...:smilewink

All professional sporting events & even some of the olympics...ARE RIGGED!

Look at how much money is involved & then ask yourself...

Wouldn't there be a MUCH larger fan base, (potential purchacers of goods that predominantly, aren't needed...luxury items) if we made the highly marketable proceedings (what we hang our ads on) more INTERESTING?
Let's pre script the whole season...baz-e-boll, fooot-ball, nAZZcar, socker, NHRA (perhaps one of the most blatant offenders, with perennial "good ol' guy" John Force), NBA (nothing but ads), & on & on...:dance: MONEY!

Now THERE is a conspiracy theory to think about...:smilewink

Triathlete
02/04/2009, 12:35 PM
much like "professional" wrestling...All professional sporting events & even some of the olympics...ARE RIGGED!

Whooooooa! Wait a minute right there mister! You mean to tell me pro wrestling is rigged! No way! Say it isn't so!:eek:
:laughy: :laughr: :laughgray :laughp: :laugho: :laughg: :laughb:

Ldub
02/04/2009, 08:08 PM
Whooooooa! Wait a minute right there mister! You mean to tell me pro wrestling is rigged! No way! Say it isn't so!:eek:
:laughy: :laughr: :laughgray :laughp: :laugho: :laughg: :laughb:

That's what my Mom told me...:yesgray:

VXR
02/05/2009, 11:10 PM
Tucson, Az US

Bullhead City, AZ US

now I understand two pit fans in AZ hard to fly your terrible towels?:rolleyes:

Riff Raff
02/06/2009, 03:11 AM
Tucson, Az US

Bullhead City, AZ US

now I understand two pit fans in AZ hard to fly your terrible towels?:rolleyes:

HaHa-- Now that's what I call poetic justice. Sweeeeet!!!

circmand
02/06/2009, 07:03 AM
I watched the Super Bowl at a party with 5 Steeler fans and about 60 Cardinal fans. It was tough not being able to celebrate to the level I usually do but given the fact I was out numbered I stuck to wearing a PS jersey and clapping. I have to say even after Fitz scored and the AZ Cards went ahead the fans were very polite and not rubbing it in. BTW I have been here less than a year and already have met dozens of Steeler fans from PA. Given the small size of Bullhead City (yeah it sounds big) it is really amazing the amunt of people from PA

circmand
02/09/2009, 12:27 PM
Holmes had missed the previous throw. Not this one. Leaning over the white boundary stripe, five feet shy of the end line, Holmes snatched the high ball out of the air and got what -- one, two feet down? The Ultra Slow-Motion camera at NBC director Fred Gaudelli's disposal (the network had three of these artsy cameras in use, two low at either end zone, and one on the 50) dispelled all doubt that Holmes got his right foot down. No way referee Terry McAulay would have been able to overturn the call anyway, but Ultra Slow-Mo assured that the Steelers had their touchdown -- and Roethlisberger his drive for the ages.

circmand
02/10/2009, 07:04 AM
with the Seahawks I wanted this one to be problem/referee free. I guess with all the hoopla that will never happen again. Although I just saw page 33 in Sports Illustrated very clear shot of Holmes catching the pass both feet clearly on the ground.

VXR
10/25/2009, 04:38 PM
interesting...

The NFL Network has recently put Super Bowl XL as the seventh most controversial event in NFL history.

circmand
10/25/2009, 10:01 PM
interesting...

The NFL Network has recently put Super Bowl XL as the seventh most controversial event in NFL history.

The immaculate reception where the Steelers whipped the Raiders and John Madden is still crying about 30 + years later? Just cause there is controversy doest mean the correct team didnt win. There is always controversy from where to go to lunch, whether stripes are slimming etc/

Oh by the way to all of you its just a game it does not affect your lives types who are saying to yourselves here they go again.

Well its just a entry on a web page that doesnt affect your lives you do not have to read it if you do not want too.

don moore
10/26/2009, 01:37 AM
GO JETS......

Ldub
02/08/2010, 08:31 AM
I forgot how dumb this statement was:confused:

You still draggin' stuff around from a YEAR ago?...W0W

:luck: with that...:yesgray:

Ldub
02/09/2010, 01:16 AM
forgot would be the key word:rollb:

That was exactly my assumtion...:yesgray:

Since you had forgotten it so completely, you thought it would be a good idea to comment on it again...:rolleyesg

VXR
08/06/2010, 06:56 PM
Hey circ you gave it a good fight.

game over (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-08-06-super-bowl-xl-ref-blown-calls_N.htm)

Ldub
08/07/2010, 01:14 AM
Wow dude...you're so "over it" that I'm starting to feel sorry for you...:(

circmand
08/07/2010, 04:18 PM

game over (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-08-06-super-bowl-xl-ref-blown-calls_N.htm)

And yet the Steelers still won and noo ne talks about the calls blown in favor of the Seahawks they only whine about the calls that went against. As posted several years ago bad calls were made in both directions.

Read all the posts before posting and you might just sound like you know what you are talking about. After several years you have had time

VXR
08/07/2010, 07:23 PM
And yet the Steelers still won and noo ne talks about the calls blown in favor of the Seahawks they only whine about the calls that went against. As posted several years ago bad calls were made in both directions.

Read all the posts before posting and you might just sound like you know what you are talking about. After several years you have had time

WOW talk about denial:confused:

I give you a link to an AP story that tells you the head official in super bowl XL now admits to blowing two calls that affected the game with quotes like:

"It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly,"

"I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

and your response is reread all the posts:confused:

You can give up the bad calls on both sides argument everyone (outside of Pittsburgh perhaps) knows the key momentum (and ultimately game changing) calls went against the Seahawks:yesb:

circmand
08/08/2010, 04:11 PM
WOW talk about denial:confused:

I give you a link to an AP story that tells you the head official in super bowl XL now admits to blowing two calls that affected the game with quotes like:

and your response is reread all the posts:confused:

You can give up the bad calls on both sides argument everyone (outside of Pittsburgh perhaps) knows the key momentum (and ultimately game changing) calls went against the Seahawks:yesb:

peopole in Pittsburgh and ESPN and the NFL as is written in my post from 2 years ago. Which is why I suggested rereading them if you ever read them. And this official is just stating this now years later?

vt_maverick
08/08/2010, 04:36 PM
Are you guys doing this for the entire board's benefit? Otherwise maybe you should take this to your PM box. :)

JHarris1385
08/08/2010, 04:40 PM
I heard Favre is going to the Steelers

Luna X
08/08/2010, 05:32 PM
Are you guys doing this for the entire board's benefit? Otherwise maybe you should take this to your PM box. :)

....and the ref issues a warning to both benches. :_cop:

Ldub
08/08/2010, 08:46 PM

Or seek help...:yesgray:

There must be a support group, or maybe even a 12 step program for this sort of thing.

:fyi:...I stopped feeling sorry for you two, & am now back to :laughing:

circmand
08/09/2010, 09:09 AM

For the boards benefit. Just posting opinions in the NON VX Related appropriate forum

Not sure if you heard but you are not required to read every post on the format. Feel free not to read anything in the Thread Superbowl XLIII. Really if you do not want to read about it stay out of the thread. We have been polite to each other, we are discussing the topic the thread is about, we are not thread jacking, nor are we sniping each other in other threads. Perhaps you can just ignore the thread. Like a Television if you do not like it do not read it. It is only here in this thread. Why do you feel you should decide when we should post or not post on a subject.

vt_maverick
08/09/2010, 10:24 AM
...that XL = XLIII in Roman numerals. Perhaps you and VXR have been going at it so long that you forgot the original topic of this thread:

Superbowl XLIII Tampa Florida

Ok, since I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and Tampa is hosting the Superbowl this year, I thought I would start this thread.
Who are you for? Cardinals or Steelers.
I grew up in St. Louis Missouri and have always loved the Cardinals. They played in St. Louis and I went to many games. They moved to Phoenix and I still follow and love the team. Go Kurt Warner.
Cardinals 32 Steelers 28.

Riff started the jack with post 7, but I'd say you guys have given it a life all your own. No worries though, I'll stay out of "your" thread. ;)

For the boards benefit. Just posting opinions in the NON VX Related appropriate forum

Not sure if you heard but you are not required to read every post on the format. Feel free not to read anything in the Thread Superbowl XLIII. Really if you do not want to read about it stay out of the thread. We have been polite to each other, we are discussing the topic the thread is about, we are not thread jacking, nor are we sniping each other in other threads. Perhaps you can just ignore the thread. Like a Television if you do not like it do not read it. It is only here in this thread. Why do you feel you should decide when we should post or not post on a subject.

circmand
08/09/2010, 01:08 PM
...that XL = XLIII in Roman numerals. Perhaps you and VXR have been going at it so long that you forgot the original topic of this thread:

Riff started the jack with post 7, but I'd say you guys have given it a life all your own. No worries though, I'll stay out of "your" thread. ;)

I hate getting a good rant going only to be wrong

Riff Raff
08/09/2010, 09:03 PM

Wow, I had forgotten all about this thread and the personal feud between VXR & CIRCMAND (I had to re-read the entire thread again to get the total picture and flavor). The winning nod has to go to VXR as proven by the documented "link" attached in his posting #66 (that pretty much says it all - end of story). Thank you VXR for your dedication and for carrying the P.N.W. Torch in your olympic battle with CIRCMAND.:yeso:

Perhaps the NFL as a professional organization can learn from this bad experience from SB-40 and be better in the future overall. Aside from F-1 & NASCAR, watching the NFL will always remain one of my most favorite sports. Baseball & Basketball are just too slow paced for my blood.:bgwb:

circmand
08/09/2010, 10:27 PM
Wow, I had forgotten all about this thread and the personal feud between VXR & CIRCMAND (I had to re-read the entire thread again to get the total picture and flavor). The winning nod has to go to VXR as proven by the documented "link" attached in his posting #66 (that pretty much says it all - end of story). Thank you VXR for your dedication and for carrying the P.N.W. Torch in your olympic battle with CIRCMAND.:yeso:

Perhaps the NFL as a professional organization can learn from this bad experience from SB-40 and be better in the future overall. Aside from F-1 & NASCAR, watching the NFL will always remain one of my most favorite sports. Baseball & Basketball are just too slow paced for my blood.:bgwb:

thanks for your opinion. As a super vxer you do get a partial vote. However if you want further arguements here it goes

1. this SB was held in 2006. If it bothered the ref so bad why didnt he say something over the last 5 years?
2, If he felt he screwed up so bad why didnt he quit since he evidently sucked so bad
3. Without that call maybe they score a TD they still lose 21-17.
4. The holding every play by the Hawks offensive line was better documented than this bad call how may that have affected the Steeler defense which is who won the game.
5. The AP story says the ref said he blew it after 5 years the AP story did not say if that was a fact just that the ref said it.
6. I wonder why exactly the ref waits so long to admit he blew it. Maybe the Seahawks paid him money to lie about it? Hell after 5 years of having people berate him about it maybe he was brainwashed to think it actually was a bad call.

VXR
08/10/2010, 01:31 PM
LOLOLOL...OL...:biggringr...:biggringr

You guys do know you're discussing a GAME right?

Holy Crap...get over it...:rotate:

Real pleased you took it as a friendly reminder...nothing more...:cool:

Then I guess nobody went postal...

LOL...:razzgray:

Ahhhhhhhhhh HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA...LOL my AZ off!...

Oh Boo hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo...those mean ol' refs...::waab:

You of the "true fan" persuasion are most entertaining...:_mecker:

Oh god, I think I need a tissue...:rolleyesg

Beat the horse till' the cows come home...It's still dead.

Mostly it's there so advertisers have a main line to the type of folks who will buy their products...mostly...

I feel somewhat slighted...

You neglected to quote my most fabulous gem...

"Beat the horse till' the cows come home...It's still dead."

I'll quote myself here, since I can't "double quote" the regular way...

All professional sporting events & even some of the olympics...ARE RIGGED!

Look at how much money is involved & then ask yourself...

Wouldn't there be a MUCH larger fan base, (potential purchacers of goods that predominantly, aren't needed...luxury items) if we made the highly marketable proceedings (what we hang our ads on) more INTERESTING?
Let's pre script the whole season...baz-e-boll, fooot-ball, nAZZcar, socker, NHRA (perhaps one of the most blatant offenders, with perennial "good ol' guy" John Force), NBA (nothing but ads), & on & on...:dance: MONEY!

Now THERE is a conspiracy theory to think about...:smilewink

That's what my Mom told me...

You still draggin' stuff around from a YEAR ago?...W0W

:luck: with that...

That was exactly my assumtion...

Since you had forgotten it so completely, you thought it would be a good idea to comment on it again...:rolleyesg

Wow dude...you're so "over it" that I'm starting to feel sorry for you...:(

Or seek help...

There must be a support group, or maybe even a 12 step program for this sort of thing.

:fyi:...I stopped feeling sorry for you two, & am now back to :laughing:

WOW dub no less than 14 posts on a topic you have no interest in:confused:

I am starting to feel sorry for you:(... no... wait... ok I am done:yesb:

circmand
08/10/2010, 03:52 PM

Great Post VXR LOL

Ldub
08/10/2010, 11:16 PM

I find the human condition to be VERY entertaining, people who could never have a snowballs chance in hell of ever actually playing the game at that level getting so wrapped in it that they're still bemoaning a bad call made years ago, is IMO...priceless...:laughing:

circmand
08/11/2010, 07:44 AM
I find the human condition to be VERY entertaining, people who could never have a snowballs chance in hell of ever actually playing the game at that level getting so wrapped in it that they're still bemoaning a bad call made years ago, is IMO...priceless...:laughing:

15 posts!!!!

I will have you know thatwhile I am now too old to play in the NFL I still have the body of an NFL Player.

Now sure it is the body of a lineman but hey.

Also I have the athletic ability as well.

Now sure that is of a kicker but that still counts.

Ldub
08/11/2010, 05:04 PM
a bad call...A BAD CALL???:confused: seriously???:confused:

I think circ may have said it best (although at the time I think he was erroneously referring to me:()

That would mean I'd have to care enough to be well informed about football.

Thanks, but no.

It must'v been something I read here (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-08-06-super-bowl-xl-ref-blown-calls_N.htm) that made me think that...:_thinking

By all means, please continue...:badhorse:

VXR
08/11/2010, 06:44 PM
here is another good one:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Super-Bowl-XL-head-official-admits-to-blown-call;_ylt=AupeW4MNKSo3sAUyBEQI38nSrYZ4?urn=nfl-260901

notice these quotes:

just because Leavy admitted to blowing two calls doesn't mean that those were the only errors in the game. Leavy wasn't the one who called the Roethlisberger touchdown; that was head linesman Mark Hittner. Nor was Leavy in charge of the first-quarter offensive pass interference call on Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson. Do the Seahawks have to wait another five years for the admissions on those calls?

But because of the calls made, the league's subsequent denial that anything was wrong with those calls, and Leavy's admission of guilt so much later, this game will never go away.

circmand
08/12/2010, 07:37 AM
If the Seahawks were any good at all and deserving to win the Super Bowl and the Steelers werre undeserving why was Pittsburgh back for a 6th win in the SB and Seattle never got in it again? Frankly this shows the Seahawks were probably recipients of HELP to get there in the beginning but did not deserve to be there otherwise they would have gotten in the SB again by now.

VXR
01/03/2011, 12:32 AM
7-9 wins:yesb:

circmand
01/03/2011, 07:53 AM
7-9 wins:yesb:

Despite the fact that it would be easier to beat a 7-9 team as opposed to the other teams that actually deserve to be in the playoffs I hope the Seagulls get knocked out before they play the Steelers in the SB. Otherwise it will be another 5 years of listeningto complaints from Seagull fans that the NFL cheated them out of a SB win which they should never have been in

Ldub
01/03/2011, 08:37 PM
Here we go again...:rolleyesg...:laughing:

BTW, MY invisible guy in the sky is better than YOUR invisible guy in the sky, so...Mlahhhhhhhhhhh

:rotate:

http://dlisted.com/files/peeweedreamon1.jpg

VXR
01/03/2011, 08:45 PM
Here we go again...:rolleyesg...:laughing:

There you go again...:rolleyesg...:laughing::yesb:

Ldub
01/03/2011, 08:49 PM
There you go again...:rolleyesg...:laughing::yesb:

Yep...:yesgray:

PK
01/03/2011, 08:58 PM
This being a car forum, and specifically a VX forum, I would have expected the chatter to be about the Dakar Rally at the moment.:yeso::yesgray:

Not some large dish of corn flakes.:p:bgwo::bgwb:

PK

circmand
01/03/2011, 09:21 PM
This being a car forum, and specifically a VX forum, I would have expected the chatter to be about the Dakar Rally at the moment.:yeso::yesgray:

Not some large dish of corn flakes.:p:bgwo::bgwb:

PK

if you look att he thread topic you would see it is about football and not the Dakar rally so I do not see why you would expect to see posts about the Dakar rally. I do not go to many car sites do they all post off topic? Or do they all talk about just one topic?

circmand
01/04/2011, 07:23 AM
well said :yesb:

are we going to end up being friends?

I say we both keep posting stuff just to irritate LDUB

VXR
01/04/2011, 05:05 PM

LOL

I thought that was what we were doing:yesb:

Ldub
01/04/2011, 05:45 PM
are we going to end up being friends?

LOL

I thought that was what we were doing:yesb:

I'd say the both of ya have short memories...:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=201661&postcount=82

Now that you two love birds have cozied up as a united front & forgot all about what your differences were...:laughing:

I'm calling this..."mission complete"...:yes:

circmand
01/04/2011, 08:16 PM
I'd say the both of ya have short memories...:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=201661&postcount=82

Now that you two love birds have cozied up as a united front & forgot all about what your differences were...:laughing:

I'm calling this..."mission complete"...:yes:
\

GO STEELERS

Ldub
01/05/2011, 05:02 AM
:confused:

I think

At least you're thinkin'...:thumbup:

A little disappointed that's the best you could come up with, butt...:_confused

:laughing:

circmand
01/05/2011, 06:58 AM
for Ldub

circmand
01/06/2011, 06:09 AM
GO HAWKS!!!:yesb:

Doves

Ldub
01/06/2011, 08:23 PM
looks like rain, wind, and possibly SNOW for the game on Saturday!:yesb:

LOVEBIRD weather for sure!:yesb:

Thanx 4 deleting "only a little" ...must'v been horribly embarrassing when looked upon in hindsight...:laughing:

BtW...let me preempt your reply...

:_confused

circmand
01/07/2011, 07:46 AM
looks like rain, wind, and possibly SNOW for the game on Saturday!:yesb:

HAWK weather for sure!:yesb:

It never snows in Pittsburgh. HHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHa

VXR
01/07/2011, 02:01 PM
It never snows in Pittsburgh

ya but we are not playing pitt:yesb:

circmand
01/07/2011, 02:52 PM
ya but we are not playing pitt:yesb:

wont get the chance when we are in the SB LOL

VXR
01/07/2011, 05:18 PM
wont get the chance when we are in the SB LOL

do you think you can win in foxboro:confused:

Ldub
01/07/2011, 08:06 PM
can you be banned for such an infraction:thumbdn:

Yah...get back to me with how that goes...:yesgray:

Here's to hoping you & your half feel impotent...:_beer:

circmand
01/10/2011, 07:07 AM
do you think you can win in foxboro:confused:

Is the only team I worry about playing. However with the bye are wounded players will be healthy again. And if the offense plys like they have been and the defense plays like they are capable of I think we can win. After all the Pats have lost to two teams this year.

Of course we need the refs to be honest as they have been calling imaginary fouls against us (mostly Harrison) all year. And to top it off they fine anybody who even hurts Bradys feelings. However our QB has had his nose broken twice by punches to the face and they only called one of those and no fine.

VXR
01/10/2011, 04:03 PM
Of course we need the refs to be honest as they have been calling imaginary fouls against us

NOW THATS FUNNY!!!:laughb:

circmand
01/10/2011, 09:40 PM
NOW THATS FUNNY!!!:laughb:

I put that in just for you. I knew you would like it

VXR
01/11/2011, 12:30 PM
I put that in just for you. I knew you would like it

I did think for a second you had lost it:yesb:

circmand
01/11/2011, 12:33 PM
I did think for a second you had lost it:yesb:

anything for a laugh

VXR
01/11/2011, 07:33 PM
TD run literally shook ground in Seattle (http://www.komonews.com/sports/113224174.html)

:yesb:

circmand
01/16/2011, 09:50 PM
Steelers Rule

Seagulls drool.

VX KAT
01/16/2011, 10:08 PM
Steelers Rule

Seagulls drool.

Dave ya shoulda come to Vegas for the game...I saw at least 40 peeps walking around with Steeler jerseys on, compared to just a handful or any other team. I kept looking at them all since I thought, hey, maybe I'd recognize somebody from my old 'hood!

circmand
01/17/2011, 06:37 AM
Dave ya shoulda come to Vegas for the game...I saw at least 40 peeps walking around with Steeler jerseys on, compared to just a handful or any other team. I kept looking at them all since I thought, hey, maybe I'd recognize somebody from my old 'hood!

That usually catches the game together though it would have been nice to hit the meeting. As it is I always run into Steeler fans everywhere I go. I am still not sure if this is because they have a great fan size or so many people have moved out of Pittsburgh because of the taxes and lack of jobs

VXR
01/17/2011, 03:30 PM
Steelers Rule

pit got lucky not having to go to foxboro and should have no problems with the jets at home:yesb:

Luna X
01/17/2011, 05:59 PM
I want the NFL to do away with the "bye" week... All the first-seed teams sat for 2 weeks just to turn around and say bye-bye.

The Patriots were playin' some great ball at the end of the reg season and were on a roll to be the favorites to win it all... but it looked like they were asleep until the 4th qtr, but by then it was too late...;(

circmand
01/17/2011, 08:34 PM
The bye week helps the top seeds by letting them get healthy. If the Pats played against the Steelers the way they played against the Jets The Pats would be Pate because frankly the Jets werent that good the Pats sucked, I think it has to do with Brady mostly. He ckokes when under Defensive pressure. He looked lost outt here. On top of that I think he was surprised the Refs didnt protect him more. They NFL may be able to protect the elite QBs in regular season but come the playoffs they should not get special treatment. Hell in the regular season you get flagged for 15 if you hurt Bradys feelings. The Steelers got a bye and it helped them although they were only a 2 seed. I think the top seeds fell out more because they looked past the team they were playing and lost it.

VXR
01/19/2011, 04:19 AM
The the Jets werent that good

the last thing I need to see is another arrogant NY team win anything ;puke:

circmand
01/19/2011, 06:31 AM

X3

circmand
01/23/2011, 08:36 PM

I just wish they hadnt put the defense in the preventt he whole 2nd half and we would have slaughtered them.

DogBoneVX
01/24/2011, 05:23 AM
http://sportspud.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/SkyBox_Green_Bay_Packers.jpg

circmand
01/24/2011, 08:12 AM
Another one bites the dust.

VXR
01/24/2011, 02:39 PM
going to have to go with the rest of the country on this one:

GO PACK GO!!! (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=105722)

circmand
01/25/2011, 07:31 AM
going to have to go with the rest of the country on this one:

GO PACK GO!!! (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=105722)

And on the 8th day God created the Pittsburgh Steelers

VXR
01/25/2011, 03:55 PM
And on the 8th day God created the Pittsburgh Steelers

Better start praying:yesb:

you are going to need help in XLV:yesb:

GO PACK GO!!!:yesb:

circmand
01/26/2011, 06:37 AM
Better start praying:yesb:

you are going to need help in XLV:yesb:

GO PACK GO!!!:yesb:

about the Pats and they could not even beat the Jets? Review the games The Pack (who I would be rooting for if Jets or the Pats or Indy had won) had a tough time against a mediocre Bear team. The Steelers wrapped up the favored Jets by half time. And if you think the Steelers did not change to a prevent at HALF TIME and let the Jets get small gains to run off the clock may I suggest switching to following bowling as it moves at a slower pace with less rules so easier to understand and follow. You may notice the Steelers stopped blitzing so often and were playing a lot further off the receivers in the 2nd half just to keep te Jets from having a big play.

DogBoneVX
01/26/2011, 07:23 AM
about the Pats and they could not even beat the Jets? Review the games The Pack (who I would be rooting for if Jets or the Pats or Indy had won) had a tough time against a mediocre Bear team. The Steelers wrapped up the favored Jets by half time. And if you think the Steelers did not change to a prevent at HALF TIME and let the Jets get small gains to run off the clock may I suggest switching to following bowling as it moves at a slower pace with less rules so easier to understand and follow. You may notice the Steelers stopped blitzing so often and were playing a lot further off the receivers in the 2nd half just to keep te Jets from having a big play.

Any given Sunday.

circmand
01/26/2011, 09:53 AM
Any given Sunday.

Tell it to the Cowboys, favored at the begining of the year and were an embaressment to their fans. If JJ had built that stadium with tax payer money and I lived their I would want my money back

VXR
01/26/2011, 03:37 PM
the Pats and they could not even beat the Jets?

May I remind you what YOU said about the Pats:

Is the only team I worry about playing. However with the bye are wounded players will be healthy again. And if the offense plys like they have been and the defense plays like they are capable of I think we can win. After all the Pats have lost to two teams this year.

Of course we need the refs to be honest as they have been calling imaginary fouls against us (mostly Harrison) all year. And to top it off they fine anybody who even hurts Bradys feelings. However our QB has had his nose broken twice by punches to the face and they only called one of those and no fine.

circmand
01/26/2011, 03:42 PM
May I remind you what YOU said about the Pats:

I should not have worried about the Patriots either.

There does that make you happy?

VXR
01/27/2011, 01:19 AM
There does that make you happy?

in the title line:confused:

I think this has been asked before and you are welcome for calling attention to it again:yesb:

circmand
01/27/2011, 05:40 AM
in the title line:confused:

I think this has been asked before and you are welcome for calling attention to it again:yesb:

supposed to put in the title line?

VXR
01/27/2011, 01:19 PM
may I suggest switching to following bowling as it moves at a slower pace with less rules so easier to understand and follow

Since you clearly do not understand what occurred in SB XL (as evidenced by your prior posts in this thread) perhaps you may want to take your own advice:yesb:

I am sure you cad find a bowler from PA to root for:laughb:

circmand
01/27/2011, 01:34 PM
Since you clearly do not understand what occurred in SB XL (as evidenced by your prior posts in this thread) perhaps you may want to take your own advice:yesb:

I am sure you cad find a bowler from PA to root for:laughb:

Steelers 21
Seahawks 10

VXR
01/28/2011, 03:33 PM
read and try to understand THIS (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Super-Bowl-XL-head-official-admits-to-blown-call;_ylt=AupeW4MNKSo3sAUyBEQI38nSrYZ4?urn=nfl-260901):yesb:

circmand
01/29/2011, 10:43 AM
read and try to understand THIS (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Super-Bowl-XL-head-official-admits-to-blown-call;_ylt=AupeW4MNKSo3sAUyBEQI38nSrYZ4?urn=nfl-260901):yesb:

Yes a blogger on yahoo who writes sports picked 2-3 events that went against the Seahawks focuses strictly on what was less than 2 minutes of a one hour game and tried to prove his bias in doing so. Now read this http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/11242265/ from a real sports reporter from NBC sports and try to keep an open mind

VXR
01/30/2011, 12:04 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/11242265/

Interesting article:

Super Bowl XL seems to get worse each day that passes as fans get a chance to replay the game in their minds or by watching the tape of the game. This issue is not going away any time soon and I think the NFL has a big problem on its hands

It is clear to me that a few controversial calls could have changed the outcome of the game and that should concern every NFL fan

The Seahawks had six more first downs (20-14) and more total yards (396 to 339) than the Steelers did. Seattle even won the time of possession battle by controlling the clock for more than 33 minutes. They also had one less turnover

The Steelers ended up winning the game because of three specific plays

All true statements now imagine those three specific plays are nullified by bad calls and pit loses:yesb:

VXR
01/29/2014, 09:44 PM
SB 48!!!

GO HAWKS!!!!

:LineWave:

Mile High VX
01/30/2014, 05:10 AM
Should be a GREAT game but I have to go with the Broncos

:_group2::_group2::_group2:

VXorado
01/30/2014, 07:14 AM
Go BRONCOS!!!!!

:dance:

JoFotoz
01/30/2014, 09:17 AM
IMHO... :cool:

BRONCOS WIN.. 21-17

jo

VXR
02/01/2014, 11:31 PM
Go!!!

Hawks!!!!

PK
02/02/2014, 03:15 PM
So this Super Bowl - is it 10 pin bowling, or Lawn Bowls?????

PK

VX KAT
02/02/2014, 05:32 PM
Wipeout!........at least some of the commercials have been funny....Dober-hua...:laugho::laugho:

JoFotoz
02/02/2014, 08:27 PM
Like I said...

...Broncos win 21 -17.

:_thinking

WTF!!!...was that!

And frankly.... The Ads SUCKED ..
but Bruno Mars was killer.

jo

Mile High VX
02/02/2014, 08:34 PM
Congrats to the Hawks...They certainly were the better team this time...