PDA

View Full Version : braking problem

rowhard
01/18/2009, 09:18 PM
Okay, I should know this, but am a bit baffled. Sometimes, when braking, my VX pulls to the left pretty hard. but then sometimes it pulls to the right, and other times it doesn't pull at all,.... baffling. Am thinking the front caliper slides need lub'ed.

Anyone else had this problem??:confused:

MSHardeman
01/19/2009, 08:24 AM
I've had this happen before, but I always attributed it to the varying road conditions and the wide tires on the VX (Nitto Terra Grapplers). If the road crowns to the right then the VX usually pulls right, or if there are some wallows in the road from heavy truck traffic the VX will get a little squirrely as the wide tires bite on different parts of the wallows. I've had other vehicles with wide tires and they tend to squirrel all over the road. I know it sounds goofy, but does the VX pull differently on the same patch of road?

It could be a caliper hanging up, but I would think that there is enough pressure in the brake lines to overcome that unless it's something drastic (like a siezed caliper).

Solitude
01/19/2009, 09:13 AM
I also have had the same problem, it doesn't happen very often.. usally straight brake. but sometimes it does pull to the right.

Good luck on that one

VX1032
01/19/2009, 09:57 AM
I have had it under harder braking, but it is completely attributed to my bigger tires. They do wreek havoc on braking.