PDA

View Full Version : Off to look at this VX tomorrow

crotchrocket
01/16/2009, 02:12 PM
i think it looks quite promising, one owner, reasonable mileage etc and its fairly cheap!!

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/ISUZU+VEHICROSS/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294960409-4294967175/advert.action?R=200838318834447&distance=15&postcode=w52hp&channel=CARS&make=ISUZU&model=VEHICROSS&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1997&vehicleRegLetter=R

Anyone got any thoughts / tips?? Its cheap enough that i'll look to put a gas conversion on it. although fuel is cheap here at the moment ( 87 pence per litre) it WILL rise again!!

Cobrajet
01/16/2009, 02:48 PM
What's up with the shower bar mounted to the front cladding? :)

Looks good. I like the Dragons.

crotchrocket
01/16/2009, 03:11 PM
well its 23:12 here, best get some kip as im off to see it at 7am !!! will let you know how it went!!

Mark B
01/16/2009, 04:09 PM
Good luck. Hope it is in good condition.
Another green dragon in the family.

workmeistr
01/16/2009, 04:45 PM
Were those mudflaps a Japanese/JDM item? I like the fit o' the flaps.

I think someone here should acquire a RHD wing mirror and reverse-mold one for a LHD/right fender mount. I loved the single wing mirror on my MGB and I think the look is a a mean retro throw-back.

PK
01/16/2009, 05:20 PM
Were those mudflaps a Japanese/JDM item? I like the fit o' the flaps.

Yeah, they are JDM.
3 of mine are damaged or missing.
If I could get some, it would be the first thing I would replace.

PK

snowtrooper1966
01/16/2009, 08:16 PM
Have fun!
Once you are inside, you may never want to get out so you may want to bring some dough with you;)
I was not aware they made the JDM's in Dragon green. Must be rarer that the US version.
Cheers!

Triathlete
01/16/2009, 09:38 PM
What's up with the shower bar mounted to the front cladding? :)

Looks good. I like the Dragons.

That is a very hard to come by JDM light mount for mounting off-road lights. In the past I have tried talking the few owners I saw with them out of them to no avail. I think it is like trying to get a factory roof rack here.

Riff Raff
01/17/2009, 05:54 AM
Yeah, they are JDM.
3 of mine are damaged or missing.
If I could get some, it would be the first thing I would replace.

PK

Yes, the "Mud Flaps" look like there an OEM option because of the way the fit so nicely to the original cladding. Only bad thing would be they probably have a tendency to get damaged during off-roading and get hung-up/ripped-off when traversing rugged terrain and/or sharp departure angles. Perhaps a more traditional "thin mudflap" like those found on big Semi-Trucks/Trailers would be more suitable to the VX, as they would be able to "flex/bend" with the terrain/departure angles and then spring-back to normal position. Just a thought.

crotchrocket
01/18/2009, 04:51 AM
Well, it was in AMAZING condition! no marks anywhere, no play in the drive train / suspension etc and doesn't look like its ever seen mud as its all still paint undernieth and no rust!!

Oh and its actually the colour i wanted BLACK!! not green as stated.

One question, with the bonnet (hood:rolleyes) open and in the engine bay, i pumped the throttle with my hand and there was quite a delay ti when the engine reved? It reved smooth though and started perfectly

Also, wasn't overcome with the speed or power of it?

It has 2wd High ratio and 4wd Low ratio, i thought they were 2wd +4wd in both high and low ratio's??

O and also it has the standard Jap sat nav / camera arangement with a sc stack in the boot. Can the sat nav be changed to work in the UK ??

I haven't bought it yet as i still cant get an insurance quote!!! The companes don't know what a 'vehicross' is!!

Sprey
01/19/2009, 01:47 AM
Well, it was in AMAZING condition! no marks anywhere, no play in the drive train / suspension etc and doesn't look like its ever seen mud as its all still paint undernieth and no rust!!

Oh and its actually the colour i wanted BLACK!! not green as stated.

One question, with the bonnet (hood:rolleyes) open and in the engine bay, i pumped the throttle with my hand and there was quite a delay ti when the engine reved? It reved smooth though and started perfectly

Also, wasn't overcome with the speed or power of it?

It has 2wd High ratio and 4wd Low ratio, i thought they were 2wd +4wd in both high and low ratio's??

O and also it has the standard Jap sat nav / camera arangement with a sc stack in the boot. Can the sat nav be changed to work in the UK ??

I haven't bought it yet as i still cant get an insurance quote!!! The companes don't know what a 'vehicross' is!!

For the 2WD/ 4wd , when you in 2wd bump it to where the it says tod on the gearknob and watch the tod screen and youl see some change, then that means your in 4hi aka Tod, then once you go to 4low, tod disengages and you end up being in just straight 4Low.

I think the delay you talk about is nothing mine does it to and nothing to worry about, well from that i know of.

For the satnav im not too sure for changing it to be uk.

If you want i can get a video of my vx ( a jap import) doing the little rev with the slight delay to see if that is what your talking about, hopefuly im not confusing my self on this XD.