PDA

View Full Version : MMA Predictions

tomdietrying
01/16/2009, 11:36 AM
Here's a thread we can bring up everytime there is a good Mixed Martial Arts fight is on.

This week the UFC is fighting in Ireland. The three fights in my fights, IMO, worth watching.

1. Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin - Two years ago, I would have taken Henderson. As much as I would like Henderson to win, I think he is on the down slope of the hill. I'll take Franklin by decision.

2. Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio Rua - Last time they fought, Rua broke his arm by a fluke. This time there will be no fluke. I see Rua winning by TKO in the second round over a Coleman.

3. Alan Belcher vs. Denis Kang - I think both fighters are very talented, but if you get knocked out in the first by Michael Bisping, I'll have to go with the other guy. The other guy being Denis Kang via second round KO.

Make your prediction and good luck.

Peace.
Tom

tomdietrying
01/23/2009, 12:17 PM
Alright here we go again. I didn't do to well in last week's UFC 93. I was 1-2. Hopefully, I'll redeam myself. This Saturday is the Affliction Card with two really good fights.

On the undercard is Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel.
Look for a ground fight from Barnett and a standing fight from Yvel. Who ever wins that battle will win the fight. I think Josh Barnett is too good of a wrestler for Yvel and will control the fight. With that said look for a 2nd round TKO.

The main event is Fedor Emeliananko vs. Andrei Arlovski.
Fedor is the disputed PFP Champion. He never has lost with the exception of a 15 second No Contest because of a fluke elbow. Arlovski, the former UFC Champion, is capable of winning this fight. It's a battle of control. Just like the last fight one person wants to bring it to the ground, that's Fedor and Arlovski wants to turn it into a boxing match. I think Fedor is too much and will win also in a 2nd round TKO. This will propel Fedor from the disputed PFP Champ to the undisputed PFP Champion.

Peace.
Tom

nfpgasmask
01/23/2009, 12:36 PM
Us in Reno are going to try to get together and watch the fights tomorrow.

Bart

CrnCnn
01/23/2009, 01:07 PM
Ok I missed on making my predictions known last time.

I too failed at my picks. I was very disapointed by both Hua and Coleman. Apperently Hua fight the Iceman next.

I choose
Andrei by KO, BOLD I know
Josh by sub.
Babalu by sub
Lindland by decision
Little Nog by sub
Quatch by dec.

Toad80t
01/23/2009, 01:21 PM
I'll be out of town for this event and won't be able to watch.:mad: But. I'll be home for next weeks event (UFC.) My picks for this week are Barnett and fedor.

Next week, I want GSP to kill Penn. I hate Penn.

tomdietrying
01/23/2009, 03:11 PM
I forgot to make my predictions on two more good bouts. They are:
Matt Lindland vs. Vitor Belfort and
Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

I'm going with Lindland via dicision and Babalu via 2nd round submission.

Peace.
Tom

tomdietrying
01/30/2009, 08:31 PM
Alright here are my predictions for the televised fights at UFC 94.

Fight 1 - CLAY GUIDA vs. NATE DIAZ - DIAZ 2nd round submisson
Fight 2 - DONG HYUN KIM vs. KARO PARISYAN - KIM decision
Fight 3 - JON JONES vs. STEPHAN BONNAR - BONNER 2nd round TKO
Fight 4 - THIAGO SILVA vs. LYOTO MACHIDA - MACHIDA decision
Fight 5 - THE MAIN EVENT - ST-PIERRE VS. PENN - ST-PIERRE 5th rounf TKO

Good Luck and Peace.
Tom