PDA

View Full Version : License plates light bulb

Gussie2000
01/15/2009, 06:51 PM
Hi guys !

Today i found that one of my rear license plate light bulbs are broken.

I took some time to figured how to remove the plastic cover to access the bulb,but it seems that the cover are sealed or either not removable.

Did any one replace those bulbs in the past ? :confused:

Need few tips :o

Thank you !

pbkid
01/15/2009, 10:15 PM
there is two screws per cover...

although i tried to take mine off the other day because one of mine is out too....and it was rusted through so im gonna have to figure something out...

VX crazy
01/16/2009, 06:10 AM
Hi guys !

Today i found that one of my rear license plate light bulbs are broken.

I took some time to figured how to remove the plastic cover to access the bulb,but it seems that the cover are sealed or either not removable.

Did any one replace those bulbs in the past ? :confused:

Need few tips :o

Thank you !

The entire thing is removeable, Tone has ripped apart my wrecked VX and you can get all that off the back gate. But you did not see screws??

tom4bren
01/16/2009, 08:42 AM
I can't really help since my full size spare covers that entire area so I've never dug into it. I would find it hard to believe that any bulb would be inaccessable for replacement. If it's that hard to get to, I'd highly recommend that you find a LED replacement since they last 10 times longer.

etlsport
01/16/2009, 10:24 AM
i have been trying to replace mine for a while now with LEDs.. there are screws above the rear license plate that hold the covers for those lights in place.. mine are rusted really badly, so they wont come out by traditional means

Gussie2000
01/16/2009, 06:03 PM
Yes mines are rusted too :(

I'll try to removed them carefully tomorrow with my 18V cordless drill & some WD-40 :rolleyes:

Police patroll has been more active then usual this week issuing a lot of tickets,it feels like they are watching you at all times. :rolleyesg

Marlin
01/18/2009, 07:08 AM
It was the 1st thing I did when I got my VX home, both lights were out and the new bulbs were in the glove box, now I know why. I took the whole rear door apart (cladding and whatnot. to discover the whole bracket and light fixture rusted through. Its trash. Isuzuparts lists the bracket at about 25 bucks and the light fixutures were 15 a piece I think. Looks like I have a Lowes/pepboys project. No more isuzu rust pieces for me..;)

Gussie2000
01/18/2009, 08:11 AM
Yes mines are rusted too :(

I'll try to removed them carefully tomorrow with my 18V cordless drill & some WD-40 :rolleyes:

Police patroll has been more active then usual this week issuing a lot of tickets,it feels like they are watching you at all times. :rolleyesg

Yesterday i tried to remove the bulb but wasn't successfull :mad:

I'll use my dremel to create one threat over the screws & then use the the 18-V cordless drill to remove them

Removing the cladding isn't a option for me right now with 15 degrees out there + snow

rowhard
01/18/2009, 08:47 AM
I had the same problem everyone else had. My approach was to drill the screw heads off carefully, remove the lens, then with some soaking of Liquid Wrench, I then used vice grips to grab what remained of the screw and twist them out. I then replaced with stainless steel screws and a little grease on the threads. Took maybe about a half hour.

isaac65
01/19/2009, 06:48 AM
Great, one of my bulbs is out also. I haven't tried replacing it yet. I guess I'll add that to my things to do today since it's a nice day out.

LittleBeast
01/19/2009, 10:22 AM
I replaced them back in '05 and they were really rusted in place back then, but after a few minutes of battling the rust I eventually got them broken loose somehow or another and replaced those screws with some better ones and of course went to LED back there as well.