PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Future Collector Trucks!

kodiak
01/15/2009, 02:25 AM
I don’t remember seeing a thread for this, I ran across this last night. The VX is on the top 10 collector trucks list at Truck Trend.

http://blogs.trucktrend.com/6262117/trucks/future-collector-trucks/index.html

Ldub
01/15/2009, 06:19 AM
I don’t remember seeing a thread for this, I ran across this last night. The VX is on the top 10 collector trucks list at Truck Trend.

http://blogs.trucktrend.com/6262117/trucks/future-collector-trucks/index.html

LOL...they couldn't even find a picture???

taylorRichie
01/15/2009, 07:22 AM
Weird... no GMC syclone/Typhoon. One of the very few vehicles that GM got right (IMO)
Turbo charged, 4.3 Liter V6, 0-60 4.6 seconds (stock).

Way way better than the Lightning. :)

tom4bren
01/15/2009, 09:14 AM
The world may now bow at our feet.

Scott Harness
01/15/2009, 09:26 AM
Weird... no GMC syclone/Typhoon. One of the very few vehicles that GM got right (IMO)

Wasn't there a thread on here not to long ago,about how dangerous they were.They can go fast,but can't turn or stop!

vt_maverick
01/15/2009, 10:10 AM
Doesn't seem like much thought was put into the list other than "hey that was a cool truck." Collectibility status depends on a combination of both coolness and rarity, and many of the trucks on that list were produced by the tens of thousands.

Better candidate might have been the Lincoln Blackwood Neimann Marcus Edition. Ford only produced a little over 3K before stopping the run, and of those, only 50 NMEs were produced for sale through their catalog. Original truck cost was well over 50K; you can pick a normal Blackwood up for 15-25K, but NMEs command 20K over that.

Not that I'd want a truck that only came in 2WD, black, and with a non-removable tonneau cover... :)

nfpgasmask
01/15/2009, 11:05 AM
"Don't laugh"???? Come on!!!!! :mad:

Bart

kodiak
01/15/2009, 11:19 AM
Remember they’re talking about future collectibles. The Cyclone and Typhoon are already in the collectible category.:rolleyes:

Triathlete
01/15/2009, 12:21 PM
7. Isuzu VehiCROSS
Don't laugh—this unusual sport/utility has a small but loyal following, which might be enough to make VehiCROSS prices rise as time goes on.

They even mention us...

...sort of!:bwgy:

pbkid
01/15/2009, 02:12 PM
They even mention us...

...sort of!:bwgy:

thats what i was thinking, someone got hint of us and knew they better be careful because we are crazy....

Scott Harness
01/15/2009, 03:16 PM
Dangerous? No more so than any other vehicle capable of SUB 5 SECOND 0-60's! It out slalomed the vettes of the day and out dragged them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40dx0-Uaaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVhIjiiINvU
Cool Comparo to a Stealth: http://www.sportmachines.com/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Car+Craft+July+1992

Road & Track said: "As you would expect from a truck with 64 percent of its weight on the front tires, understeer is pronounced during hard cornering. And even though the spring rates and anti-roll bar of the rear axle have been modified, axle tramp appears when traversing uneven road surfaces. Still, the all-wheel drive provides a confidence-inspiring level of stability during most driving conditions."

I always liked the idea of adding a fiberglass sportside bed (no longer available) and fiberglass fenders and hood... plus the Firestones that came on the Syclone weren't all that great!

R&T takes boatloads of ad money from GM :eek:;)

Scott Harness
01/15/2009, 03:41 PM
Really? Perhaps so, but all the mags said the same thing and the videos I have seen put the Syclone hype in good standing on almost all accounts! Again, we are talking about a pickup from 1991! The Syclone SCCA vid I posted lists the time for an Integra (at the beginning) around 46 seconds while the Syclone came in at around 41...

Yes! most of the mags are bought off. I drove VW's for years and you couldn't find anything good about VW's because they didn't buy ads.
Euro mags raved about VW's
I remember several stories about people getting killed,must be driver error. The guy in the Integra can't drive:p J/k

Scott Harness
01/15/2009, 04:08 PM
Yes! most of the mags are bought off.

That's why Consumer Reports doesn't take ads.

taylorRichie
01/15/2009, 06:58 PM
All of the syclone owners I've ever come in contact with, (at the track or local meets) have been more than happy with their syclones... but these are enthusiasts just like ours. Our vehicle is not without its faults, and I'm sure the syclone isn't either. But I'd take it's powerplant over ours any day.

Plus the 1/4 mile times on that are weak compared to production runs. At the local track I haven't seen one over 14 at all... Granted some have boost control, but not a lot of mods on them.

Plus brake upgrades are cheap for GMs.

If I ever come across a good deal I'll nab it :) sy or ty...

---

And all pubs are like that. I do a lot of work for the gun industry, and our clients do a lot of ad placement with a certain publisher, and they win awards every year. But then one of our clients who doesn't advertise a lot rarely gets press, but they always win awards on independent shoot outs (bloggers, local pubs, etc.)

It's too bad...

But I don't like consumer reports either... actually at all. You're more likely to report your negative experiences than your positive, so I don't find consumer reports to be balanced.

I like Cnet for electronic reviews (similar to edmunds) and I like edmunds because it has consumer reviews, their reviews etc. Above all I like personal experience.

interesting read
http://www.allpar.com/cr.html

an interesting logic... Is vehicross.info non biased because they don't accept advertising????