PDA

View Full Version : u guys are awesome

jason l.
07/15/2003, 03:51 PM
i found this forum last week, and thanks to you guys, i have just fixed two very simple but annoying problems with my otherwise AWESOME 99 silver VX.. the first was the squeaking which was alleviated by simply adjusting the knobs beneath the hood! and then i hadn't used the alarm in months, and it was just a matter of disconnecting the battery! thanks again!!

Anita
07/15/2003, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the VX family! Just know in advance that we arent all crazy!

:wave: :group: :smack:

Heraclid
07/15/2003, 05:04 PM
Hey, speaking of alarms and such, I have a question - why does my key fob set off the panic alarm when I only pressed it like I would to lock/unlock the doors? I've had this happen a few times now - I try to lock/unlock my VX and the panic goes off even though I did not press and hold the button.

hitnrun74
07/15/2003, 05:15 PM
Try some contact cleaner. Take the remote apart like you would to replace the battery, and spray the crap out of it. Mine does this about once every 3 months because I carry my keys in my pocket. Lint and stuff gets under the button. Radio shack has the best stuff. Just ask them for contact cleaner.

AlaskaVX
07/15/2003, 05:34 PM
Is that Anita getting hit on the head? Maybe thats why shes crazy ;)

Moncha
07/15/2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks so much for the compliment! It's great to see so many new folk checking in.

Anita is not crazy, she's just a little nuts

VehiX
07/15/2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Hey, speaking of alarms and such, I have a question - why does my key fob set off the panic alarm when I only pressed it like I would to lock/unlock the doors? I've had this happen a few times now - I try to lock/unlock my VX and the panic goes off even though I did not press and hold the button.

Welcome jason l. nice to see new members that I know will eventually bring something to the table theselves :)

Heraclid, hows your distance on the remote? Mine is too short due to low battery so I find I am pressing and pressing on the button as I walk towards the vehicle. Sometimes I think the alarm starts to pic up the signal but if you are frantically pushing on it, it sets the alarm off.

just my .02 :)

Heraclid
07/15/2003, 08:58 PM
Hey, thanks for the responses! My remote's range isn't much, but doesn't seem to be a low battery issue. Probably just the normal low range the VX gets unless you re-route the antenna like some have done. If I had to guess, I get... I don't know, maybe 35-40 ft.?

Anita
07/15/2003, 09:53 PM
... thanks guys..

I love you too.

:sad1:

Alaska and Scott you are on my list...

:naughty:

Moncha
07/15/2003, 10:10 PM
Cool!! I love to be on peoples' lists!! :dance:

You know I love ya!!

webdog
07/15/2003, 11:11 PM
I am not awesome but I am crazy.:D

Anita
07/16/2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
and here I thought I was the crazy one????

dtruax
07/16/2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Anita

Crazy, crazy for feeling so lonely
I'm crazy, crazy for feeling so blue...