PDA

View Full Version : Dueller M/T review

Rook
07/15/2003, 09:39 AM
Hello all. I was so impressed with the on road manners of my new tires, Bridgestone Dueller M/T (285/75/16), I thought I'd share with everyone. I'm a big fan of the Revo's and the Dueller M/T's seem to be just as good. For a mud tire, these are very quiet, even at highway speeds. The real test will hopefully come this weekend if I get a chance to play in the mud and rocks, but I now am seriously thinking about getting a 5th fullsize tire and rotate often, rather than pick up a cheap set of street tires. Mounting a 33" tire may be a problem though. Rally style in the backseat would be cool but not an option for me. The roof might work out, but since I have no garage, it would have to be up there all the time. If I work up the nerve, I'm seriously considering mounting the tire on back ala a heep swing away type set up. Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rook

AnalogVX
07/15/2003, 11:02 AM
Did hear you say mud...rocks...this weekend? Any where close?

Glad to hear about the M/T's. I was looking at them when I bought my Revos, but the salesperson said they would be loud. I am really happy with my Revos too, but I really like the aggresive look of a mud tire.

Rook
07/15/2003, 01:29 PM
RichD,

I can't wait to go wheeling with some fellow vxer's. I've been out with some jeeps, but I'd love not being the only one getting the strange looks on the trails ;Dy; ... I first started offroading when I got my vx and after getting over a few battle scars, I've been hooked. I was hoping to make it to the Lombard meet but I just got my first job after college and have been extremely overworked. What about the Pipeline in Wisconsin? Never been but I've seen some cool pics. Is there any interest in planning a midwest offroad run? If so, count me in.

I don't know anywhere to go that's too close though. There is an area in Elburn where a lot of fourwheelers and jeeps ride. Nothing big but plenty of hills and mud for a fun afternoon.

Rook
(Aaron)

AnalogVX
07/15/2003, 03:26 PM
Elburn huh? I live 15 minutes away and have not been there yet. I would be up for an afternoonie Saturday to check it out. Usually I drive 3 hours to Attica, Indiana. But it would be cool to get a quick fix in Elburn.:D
Is it private land?

Mr. I-MAN
07/16/2003, 07:46 PM
Where is this place in Elburn?

Rook
07/17/2003, 05:39 AM
Don't know if it's private land or not. I've only been there once, and there were a handful of jeepers and several fourwheelers I asked about that. I didn't get a clear answer but there were obvious trails and they said they've been there numerous times with no problems. This place is right off of 47 and the side road can actually be seen (though not accessed) from 88. I don't want to get any hopes up that his is a huge place ... just some afternoon fun ;Dy;

I get to work on Saturday until about 5, but am free the rest of this weekend. Otherwise, I could go anytime next weekend if anyone is interested.

sintex420
07/17/2003, 06:11 AM
I would be interested in having a fun VX afternoon. Elburn is just around the corner from me.

AnalogVX
07/17/2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Rook
This place is right off of 47 and the side road can actually be seen (though not accessed) from 88.

Sounds like it's nearer to Sugar Grove. I can't make it Sunday. Maybe next Saturday? I might try take a drive past this weekend to see if I can at least find it, I'll be out that way for a company picnic at Lion's Park.

Rook
07/17/2003, 10:30 PM
If you want to try and find it ... at the 4 way stop of 47 and main st. (?) turn as if going to the Fisherman's inn resturaunt which is on that corner. Drive a few minutes and as soon as you go over a bridge (really just some side railings) take the first street left. The road eventually turns to dirt and you'd then then see a couple of paths on the left you can turn left into.

If you find it and would like to gon on an afternoon run, next weekend works for me. :)

AnalogVX
07/18/2003, 08:36 AM
I'm up for next weekend Saturday.

AnalogVX
07/20/2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Rook
If you want to try and find it ... at the 4 way stop of 47 and main st. (?) turn as if going to the Fisherman's inn resturaunt which is on that corner. Drive a few minutes and as soon as you go over a bridge (really just some side railings) take the first street left. The road eventually turns to dirt and you'd then then see a couple of paths on the left you can turn left into.

If you find it and would like to gon on an afternoon run, next weekend works for me. :)

Went passed today. That's Seavy Pits. Been many, many years since I was last out there. Didn't think the place even existed anymore the way everything is being built up. Many nights of bon fires and swimming in the quarry.:)

Rook
07/21/2003, 08:45 AM
Glad you found it. Sounds like that area has been there a while. I'm suprised that it's still there too, considering how much building has taken place in the St. Charles / Batavia area over the last few years and now even in Elburn.

Freon VX
07/23/2003, 09:48 PM
The constructors havent quite found that area by Fishermans yet, but Im sure it's day is coming soon. Im curious about all you IL vx'ers. Do you all know each other or did you meet on here? What is the avergae age, etc... Just curious.

Bill

nocturnalVX
07/23/2003, 10:38 PM
Weekly meetings, secret handshakes, and the works! Now we just need to get everyone commited to Zu Zoo VII so we can represent as well as those Texans!

Rook
07/24/2003, 06:48 AM
I've been away from the computer for a week and it seems Illinois VXers are coming out left and right. Why don't I ever see anyone else, I'm always near the St. Charles area? My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts, but I'm still keeping my eyes open.;)

Bill, I'm new to the boards too so I haven't gotten to meet anyone yet either. I still need to try out my new tires so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday afternoon, if Analog or anyone else is still interested? Otherwise, the first secret meeting of the Illinois VX Club sounds near. :D

AnalogVX
07/24/2003, 08:26 AM
I met everyone from the board after I bought my VX. And yea, it seems local VX owners are coming out of nowhere all of a sudden. I am still up for some offroading Saturday. I'll be bringing my daughter, but she's been with me before.

Let's talk here, http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11696#post11696