PDA

View Full Version : possibilities to swap to toyota??

pbkid
01/09/2009, 06:08 PM
ok, so with all the talk lately about suspension changes and engine possibilities i have been mowing around in my head the difficulties of swapping to toyota stuff..

tacoma has similar sized motor and vehicle so it would 'fit' astethicly...but would this be 'impossible' or 'difficult' or 'fairly easy'???

i am not trying to do anything like this soon...just thinking ahead...

if i keep building, wheeling and pushing my VX to its limits like all of us do, we are going to keep breaking stuff and eventually break something major....right now this isnt much of an issue but im thinking about in 5-7 years...

it would be much easier to get parts for a toyota engine, suspension, drivetrain, x-case, tranny, etc. in the future....

with the depreciation (sp) of our car its pointless to sell it, but it would be fun to make it so that it will last a long time while still being able to have fun with it...

so, just playing around with ideas....

Bieredalsace i know your very familiar with custom mods...chopper i know you are...
anyone interested in shedding light...

Triathlete
01/09/2009, 09:33 PM
If you replaced the entire power/drive train it would be just a matter of making everything fit...custom mounts, crossmembers, etc. If you have the money or the fab skills anything is possible. If and when the time comes that would be the route I would explore because of the parts and aftermarket availability.

pbkid
01/09/2009, 09:35 PM
exactly what i was thinking....

if i did it i would buy one that was totaled and just take everything and mod to fit....

kodiak
01/11/2009, 10:52 AM
Just shorten the Toyota chassis and transplant the VX body. Easy peasy!:p