PDA

View Full Version : CD Error Codes

MegaSpent
07/14/2003, 08:34 AM
Hey folks,

I have a 1999 Ebony Black VX and sometimes the CD changer will work and sometimes it won't. The usual problem is that it will only play the first disk. Sometimes it will switch throught the first four, but it's been a while since I was able to get five and six to play.

The usual error codes I get are Error 3 and Error 1. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

And does anyone know where I can get a CD manual? I have the owner's manuals, but it only covers the cassette/radio and not the CD changer.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Simon Templar
07/14/2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by MegaSpent

The usual error codes I get are Error 3 and Error 1. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

Yes!! That code means that it is time to rip it out and toss it!!!

Sorry, just kidding. A LOT of people have gotten those same codes. Do a search here and at the other board and you'll have reading material for the night, at least.

.....sT

IsuZOOM
07/14/2003, 12:06 PM
The manual is on Tone's website, here:

http://www.tonemonday.com/Storage/VX_CD_Manual_Scans.pdf

AlaskaVX
07/14/2003, 12:09 PM
If you hit it enough you can probobally get it to play (no joke) :smack:

Error 1 just means that you hit a bump and it skipped bad
Error 3 is what you get when it doesn't want to switch CD's thats when you hit it on the side with the side of your fist

MegaSpent
07/14/2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks Simon, IsuZoom, and Alaska. Your help is greatly appreciated.

And yes, I had contemplated the "rip it out and toss it" repair method. I'll try a few of these less expensive remedies first.

Again, many thanks. People who own VXs are indeed cool.

nyc #1 ironman
07/14/2003, 12:13 PM
AHAAHAAA Simon you are too funny but that is the truth, my gosh I saw that error code with my last 3 units from the dealer till I decided to finally splurge and get a pioneer premier unit, no more nightmare of the famous "ERRRRRR-3" The CD's I lost in that crappy stock player were like irreplacable. I ts amazing the excuses the dealer gives you on why they stop working, of course its our fault could never be there fault when anything goes wrong with the truck,,,LOL,,,

Anita
07/14/2003, 01:18 PM
Like MC Hammer said..

"Hit it"

...or was it "Kick it"?

Both should work.

MegaSpent
07/14/2003, 02:05 PM
I'll try the Metallica approach -- "Seek and Destroy."

Thanks again, all.

AlaskaVX
07/14/2003, 02:30 PM
Hell Ya! great song! :cool:

dtruax
07/14/2003, 03:35 PM
Woe to the CD changer,
how I hate thee..
let me counts the ways,
starting with error number 3

Heraclid
07/14/2003, 03:52 PM
If you're lucky pounding on it may work. Didn't with mine. These things are time bombs and it will fail sooner or later. I'm supposed to get a new one in about a week because mine is holding 6 CDs hostage and is totally unresponsive. No noises like it's trying to do something or anything - nothing. Apparently I'm only getting a replacement of the same type (warranty co. didn't okay the new and supposedly improved Isuzu changer), so I'll be trying to put some cash aside for a Pioneer because I know it will do the same thing before long.

Anyone want to take guesses if I'll ever get my trapped CDs back, and if yes, how many months it will be?

SGT.BATGUANO
07/14/2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid

Anyone want to take guesses if I'll ever get my trapped CDs back, and if yes, how many months it will be?

Yes, and 75 days. How much is the pool $$$$$$$$$?;)