PDA

View Full Version : concept mustang, VX spotting, and almost a totalled VX all in one day!!!!!!

pbkid
12/30/2008, 06:37 PM
so i had a few things i had to share with the fam from today...

first, spotted a 99 astral in evergreen, co....anyone???

second, on the way to snowboarding we spotted three 09 mustangs which i wanted to share pics with you....but the interesting part about that was that one of them was towing a trailer.....(since when are mustangs rated to tow???)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1230080739-021.jpg
the strange paint was just protective material so it didnt get chipped up...
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1230080739-001.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1230080737-011.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1230080737-001.jpg

and last and most important to all of you....
i came 4 inches away from wrecking my VX,
was doing about 60-65 MPH uphill in decently heavy traffic(for colorado)...
i looked down at my clock to see what time it was (which is located where the stock changer goes)...
next thing, my passenger yells 'oh crap!!', i look up and traffic is completely stopped and im about 25-30 feet behind the S-10 in front of me...
i slam on the brakes but obviously that isnt gonna stop me that fast so i look towards the median to go around the stopped cars but there is an audi already sliding there....
i make a very very very quick glance at my concave mirror on the passenger side and see there is just enough room to fit between the two cars on my right...so i swerved as hard as possible into the lane on my right going between the two cars....(then i realized that i was almost stopped and the people in that lane are going 60)...so then i had to floor it to make sure i didnt get rear ended.....

so, i missed the S-10 by about 4 inches while sliding and swerving around him doing about 60mph.....

needless to say, i was very very thankful i drove a VX instead of something more sluggish that would have either plowed through the s-10 or flipped from swerving at that speed....
i think ANY other SUV would have been in serious trouble...probable totalled...and i could have been seriously injured....

so, i say thank you to the VX for keeping me safe and out of an accident because of its amazing agility for an SUV...

Ldub
12/30/2008, 07:11 PM
My guess on the "spotty" Mustang, is that it's the new 09' "Appaloosa"...:rolleyesg
Ah-Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...:smilewink

Thank You, Thank You VERY much...Johnny Walker & I will be in the VX lounge all this week.

Oh yeah...glad you were able to pull the VX back away from the flames of destruction. The last thing we need around here is another VX cadaver!

99VC
12/30/2008, 07:32 PM
Glad you were quick to respond to the situation, and keeping the shinny side up. By the way where are headed to ride, I was supprise by your PICS the lack of snow. I have a place up in Minturn and want to head out there soon, because I heard they have been getting dumped on. Enjoy ride safe...

pbkid
12/30/2008, 07:34 PM
those pics were taken right before idaho springs, not very far up the pass....

i rode at copper today...

and ya, really happy to keep shiny side up..

99VC
12/30/2008, 07:36 PM
How was it? Able to find any powder? Heard the winds down in the flats where up today what about on the hill...........

pbkid
12/30/2008, 07:46 PM
oh it was really windy on the hill and quite tracked out...

granted they opened quite a bit of back side stuff because of the amount of snow in the last week...but it was still scarce to find good powder...

in fact, it was windy enough to push our chair into one of the poles and tipping our chair forward, almost throwing my friend and i off the lift, about 60 feet off the ground....could have been bad...

99VC
12/30/2008, 08:02 PM
Paul I'm going to email a blog of a buddy of mine who's out in Vail/Beeavercreek riding the back country with ski patrol you will appreciate this,,, enjoy
Jim

tomdietrying
12/30/2008, 08:22 PM
Your cat like reflexes served you well in Moab, and they served you well again. Glad everything turned out o.k.
Peace.
Tom

O Hell No O
12/30/2008, 11:15 PM
I came close on an accident too.

Going an On-Ramp, to a Highway, there were 2 18-Semi's, and I had enough space to fit between them both. But I was so into "calculating" the space and speed to travel in order for me to fit, and at the same time, NOTICE if they were even in the same lane.

THIS IDIOT STOPS RIGHT BEFORE you get on the freeway, which is the most STUPID thing to do, and a truck was behind him almost stopped (10mph), i'm speeding up to reach the speed I needed... By the time I look foward, they are stopped about 100-120 ft away. I SLAMMED the brakes, I was even considering pulling the Parking Break, to prevent the semi's from any accident, if I were to swerve around the stupid people. I was like 6-10 ft behind the truck at a stop.

Its better to be TRAVELING 70mph(or at least faster than the regular MPH) up a RAMP, on a 55 MPH highway, or 60mph Highway. That way you know your gunna get on, and someone wont REAR end you. All that happened in like 4-6 seconds. After like 10-15 seconds of near incident, I started crying... cause well, we all know why :)

If the E-Break, or Parking Break, used at those speeds, what will happen? Wheels will lock? If so, does that help you stop harder? I know you will start to drift which will become out of control very easily.

Yeah, that was my first EVER near incident in my life.

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/31/2008, 01:34 AM
Your cat like reflexes served you well in Moab, and they served you well again. Glad everything turned out o.k.
Peace.
Tom

You might be down to 7 lives...:eek: But, at least the Vultures don't get to hone in on your VX!

cyronman
12/31/2008, 07:57 AM
Good manooverin', man...maybe you broke the jinx of all these VXidents lately.

Cy

Solitude
12/31/2008, 10:23 AM
Those Mustangs were future models with systems from 2010 and 2011, They do emissions testing up in dillon/silverthorne and frisco area, They are owned by Ford.

so they may look normal except for the paint//but they are future cars.

P.S. The funny paint is so new features are non descript. check out this>> http://www.motortrend.com/future/index.html

circmand
12/31/2008, 10:32 AM
but according to the manual neither is the VX that is why trimming is necesary for tow hitch.

pbkid
12/31/2008, 11:37 AM
god i hope that i broke the curse because we have lost too many of the fam this year...

and ya i figured it was concept...this actually isnt the first time i have seen concepts up there...have seen land rovers and others too..

Solitude
12/31/2008, 12:29 PM
well I missed the "concept" part when you said 09, my mistake.. backs out quietly

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/09/2009, 12:49 AM
searched for a thread to announce my VX's new stablemate. This was the closest that hasn't been archived.

Had to let my beloved '96 Ram go as I was being killed with front-end issues involving the wheelbearings grenading. My mechanic replaced rotor/hub assembly, races, inner/outer bearings, and finally both spindles w/ salvage-yard replacements as new ones from the dealer were $800 each...ouch. 2-weeks after replacing all this..started hearing squealing from the right front..jacked her up...ton's of play :mad: Decided to bandage her up for trade w/ 2 new bearings. With 139,400 miles on the odometer...decided after 2years of daily driving to let her go for a newer ride.

With the economy in the toilet yielding all the rebates from dealers...was shopping for a new ride...wanted so many things but decided on a price-range as I was going to finance it & didn't want a killer payment. Was seriously looking at new Dodge Caliber SRT4's (dealt on a "new" '08 SRT4) but couldn't get anything for my Ram.

Finally stumbled on a nicely priced "new" '08 Mustang GT Bullitt edition. Unfortunately, someone was buying her the day I showed up to check it out.

However, before I left, I noticed a '07 Mustang GT..Blue with "O.E.M. fake" hood scoop, large dual white stripes running up hood, roof, and trunk & spoiler that makes it look strikingly like a Shelby Cobra. (Later dubbed her my poor man's Shelby..lol.) Also has white rocker panel stripes with MUSTANG. Only had 5,200 miles on odometer and was stored winters. They were asking what Kelly Blue Book said was the value....$22,900

went back the next day to test-drive & deal...got a fair price after some negotiating for my troublesome Ram, plus put some cash down. Haven't had a chance to take any pics yet...was too busy doing 80 mph shifting into 3rd gear (5-speed manual)...lol.

Really surprised by the gas mileage. Highway w/ cruise was getting 26.2 and rising but had to get off interstate. Huge potential for 27 mpg! All around w/ some spirited driving was giving me 24 mpg. Not too shabby for a V8 with 300 hp. Looks like that Raptor will have to wait :rolleyes:

Asked the dealer about the Raptor and they said it will be very 'spensive. Said they didn't think they would get one for their lot as it would be too hard for them to sell in that town.

Will post a pic or two when I get time!

The downside....My VX is going to be my daily driver for the most part. Winter time especially. Spring/Summer/Fall daily transport duties will be shared by my V-Stom DL 1000 motorcycle & the Mustang GT.

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/09/2009, 06:38 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/4T_Racing_001.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/4T_Racing_0031.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/4T_Racing_0021.jpg

PittVXr
03/09/2009, 08:04 AM
Lookin' Sharp!

pbkid
03/09/2009, 12:51 PM
nice! congrats!