PDA

View Full Version : Got my Vx!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Marlin
12/29/2008, 01:54 PM
For those of you who read my post in the for sale section, I got her!!!!!!!! A diamond in the not so rough rough. The Isuzu dealership had her for about an hour, got a clean bill of health. Everyone was scared probably because it had two exhaust leaks that sounded horrible and the bearings for when the compressor is freewheeling are bad, at least they sound that way. I ended up getting her for 7500 out the door with a 12month unlimited mileage warranty. She goes to the shop day after tomorrow for all maintenance, timing belt, all fluids, serpentine, repack front bearings, and so on. Got new exhaust today, Circuit City tomorrow for new stereo, the cd changer was dead. Lookin for new shoes now.
I do have a question, what color are the stock rear springs? Mine are red and they look nice, which makes me wonder if they are new, or after market. I dont want to order the OME springs and find out it already has them. I put a red top optima in it when I bought it, so its coming along already. Drove her from Ohio to Charleston, SC, it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My plates will be ordered in a few weeks.
"1OF479":bgwg:

tom4bren
12/29/2008, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the addiction. It didn't take you very long to jump in with both feet.

nfpgasmask
12/29/2008, 02:31 PM
Awesome. Its so much fun getting to know your VX, getting her all modded up, etc.

If you already have the OME912s I would imagine you would notice. The OME912s will give you about 2"s of lift in the rear. Does your VX look taller than this:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/507/thumbs/moab01.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/9169)

If so I would say you have a lift already. I may be mistaken, but the stock springs on mine were black, iirc.

Bart

kodiak
12/29/2008, 03:01 PM
Welcome! Remember the VX likes to be ridden hard and put away wet.;)

Marlin
12/29/2008, 03:24 PM
Awesome. Its so much fun getting to know your VX, getting her all modded up, etc.

If you already have the OME912s I would imagine you would notice. The OME912s will give you about 2"s of lift in the rear. Does your VX look taller than this:

If so I would say you have a lift already. I may be mistaken, but the stock springs on mine were black, iirc.

Bart

Its hard to tell, cause everyone has aftermarket tires that make it look bigger, whats the actual height from the ground, say from the actual body on the drivers side? Mine does not look lifted, but then again, 2" isn't much...thats what she said...lol, had to say it to myself.
Anyway, mine is 13" to ground from the bottom of the plastic under the door. If its already lifted, I am gonna be so pissed, took away a perfectly good and affordable mod for me to do:(

nfpgasmask
12/29/2008, 03:33 PM
What size tires does it have. Can you post some pics?

Bart

Marlin
12/29/2008, 04:44 PM
What size tires does it have. Can you post some pics?

Bart

It has the OEM size, 245/60/18. I will post some pics tomorrow.
BTW, dig the racing stripes, gotta come up with something unique for mine, not sure yet what to do. I was thinking of painting the front fenders black to start with and powder coating the wheels, not a big of fan of chrome or the maintenance that comes with it.
I don't want to copy off of anyone, but damn, there are so many cool Vx's on here.
If anyone want to get rid of their roof crossbars, let me know....:bgwg: If not, I will build my own, similar to the how-to on here. A hitch would be nice too...

snowtrooper1966
12/29/2008, 05:13 PM
Welcome & congrats!
Best,

etlsport
12/29/2008, 09:32 PM

Bart

stock springs are red http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/bumpstops_007.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11004)

pbkid
12/29/2008, 09:49 PM
stock springs are red http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/bumpstops_007.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11004)

x2^^^^

Triathlete
12/29/2008, 10:00 PM
Stock=Red
OME=back
Welcome...now you just need to put some $ away so you can visit VX Mecca in May...Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab...:cool:

jamessmith
12/29/2008, 10:47 PM
welcome to insanity!!

Riff Raff
12/30/2008, 01:52 AM
Welcome to the Proton Club!!! Today is the first day of the rest of your VX addiction!!! We'll be chatting. Congrats. Riff Raff

Marlin
12/30/2008, 04:09 AM
Thanks guys, looks like I gotta get on the phone with ID4x4 and order some springs and bushings. Riff Raff, I will send you an email later with details about the truck.
My addiction started a couple of months ago when I decided to get one. I have read just about every post on here and any other site I can find...OCD.

Cobrajet
12/30/2008, 05:45 AM
My addiction started a couple of months ago when I decided to get one...OCD.It took me about 2 days from the days I decided before I drove home in mine...NEW!!

nfpgasmask
12/30/2008, 08:40 AM
stock springs are red

Yup, you're right, sorry, I got it backwards. :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Don't listen to me. :)

Bart

Marlin
12/30/2008, 03:02 PM
I forgot to mention, I got about 21 mpg at 70-75mph, even with all black fluids (goes in tomorrow) and really bad plugs. I am happy,but once the new shoes go on, thats out the door.

circmand
12/30/2008, 03:07 PM
maybe you should leave it alone:bwgr::bgwp::bgwo::smilewink

Mark B
12/30/2008, 04:40 PM
Welcome to the family.
Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy your VX.

Marlin
12/30/2008, 04:54 PM
maybe you should leave it alone:bwgr::bgwp::bgwo::smilewink

Riiiiigggggghhhhtttt, like anyone here could really leave their Vx alone. Can't improve perfection right?

Ldub
12/30/2008, 07:25 PM
Riiiiigggggghhhhtttt, like anyone here could really leave their Vx alone. Can't improve perfection right?

OMG...I think I just heard the ghost of maugan past...:rolleyesg
Search "de-badger" if you want the whole story.

Back OT, Welcome to the Fam...:thumbup: