PDA

View Full Version : Do we have NISSAN lights?

tomdietrying
07/13/2003, 06:02 PM
I bought my VX used. I recently took it in to get some hail dents out of it. While in the shop,I had the guy check on rewiring the PIAA lights the previous owner had installed. He mentioned to me that the small driving lights (the ones under the main headlights) were not Isuzu lights and must have been installed after market at the same time as the PIAA. First, aren't those small lights under the main head lights standard on all VXs. Second, could you check your VX and see if there is the word NISSAN stamped on those lights. Thanks.:confused:

Heraclid
07/13/2003, 07:13 PM
The light locations are stock, but someone may have decided to install something other than stock bulbs or other related parts in the factory location. I have to admit that the stock lights are a bit dim and I've thought about modifying them as well.

I have heard something about those lights having been lifted from another type of vehicle and incorporated into the VX design by Isuzu, but I'm not totally sure that is the case, and at the moment I do not know if those light components are from any other manufacturer than Isuzu.

Lots of cars have subassemblies made by other manufacturers. I was recently told Isuzu parts are in some Mitsubishis and that there is a lot of mixing of the blood, so to speak, in Japanese automobiles. And otherwise - the V6 Dodge Avenger I used to have was all Mitsubishi under the sheet metal and was built in the same factory as the Eclipses. The dash looked like that of my brother's Eclipse. The engine was a Mitsubishi one, and almost all of the mechanical stuff and chassis were borrowed from the Mitsubishi Galant.

Andrey
07/13/2003, 09:18 PM
yes, you are right - those are nissan lights. nissan logo has a litte "checker board" sticker glued to it :)

mrtew
07/15/2003, 06:50 PM
Yeah I noticed the word nissan on mine soon after I bought it new.