PDA

View Full Version : Stock Keyless Remote Security System -Is it that easy?

VX KAT
12/26/2008, 04:02 PM
I'd like to get a Remote Keyless Security System that unlocks the doors. I've read the thread from 2/07. etlsport gives easy instructions how to program the remote to the specific VX. I've found a place that sells "new", "used" and "cloned" Isuzu remotes (from $99 to $29) at:

http://www.remotesandkeys.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3258

I looked under the dash and see the security system black box with the green button. (pic in my gallery). My question is...Is it really just that easy or am I missing something? I just need to buy a remote and follow the programming instructions by etlsport? The doors will lock & unlock with the remote, and there's a security alarm that will sound if door opened, and the red LED light on dash will illuminate when armed?

Anybody know why Isuzu didn't include the remote with the vehicle when new? Or did they, and many have just been lost as they change ownership?

VXIRONwoMAN
12/26/2008, 05:25 PM
I am pretty sure they came with the VX when new. Because I bought my ironman from an original owner and they gave me everything. Including the alarm system instructions and security options handbook. However my Proton did NOT come with any key fobs, so I did some trades with fellow VXers and now I have my alarm system up and running! I am sure they get lost in ownership, etc.

Brian Drinks
12/26/2008, 08:59 PM
I'd like to get a Remote Keyless Security System that unlocks the doors. I've read the thread from 2/07. etlsport gives easy instructions how to program the remote to the specific VX. I've found a place that sells "new", "used" and "cloned" Isuzu remotes (from $99 to $29) at:

http://www.remotesandkeys.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3258

I looked under the dash and see the security system black box with the green button. (pic in my gallery). My question is...Is it really just that easy or am I missing something? I just need to buy a remote and follow the programming instructions by etlsport? The doors will lock & unlock with the remote, and there's a security alarm that will sound if door opened, and the red LED light on dash will illuminate when armed?

Anybody know why Isuzu didn't include the remote with the vehicle when new? Or did they, and many have just been lost as they change ownership?
Hey i saw a few vx remotes on amazone.com under vehicross parts for about $50. something bucks with programming instruction hope that will help you out.

Cobrajet
12/27/2008, 07:00 AM
My question is...Is it really just that easy or am I missing something? I just need to buy a remote and follow the programming instructions by etlsport? The doors will lock & unlock with the remote, and there's a security alarm that will sound if door opened, and the red LED light on dash will illuminate when armed?
Yes, it is that easy. I've never had to do it, but there have been numerous posts over the years from other owners who have.

I am pretty sure they came with the VX when new...I am sure they get lost in ownership, etc.As an original owner, I can assure you that the VX came from the factory with two remotes, armed and dangerous! :)

VX KAT
12/27/2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks everybody! Found a place selling new or used genuine OEM remotes only 6 miles from me! Cheaper too, plus a 10% Holiday discount. Wohoo!

Now if it would just warm up a tad (it's 18 right now) so my hubby & I can install my bullbar we just got from Tone. It's so cold our fingers are going to stick to the metal!

Taking it in Monday to have the Isuzu service place check out the shocks, muffler, etc... Posted pics (in my gallery) of both if anybody can give us a heads up on anything of concern, since we're such newbies.
Thanks!

johnny010
12/27/2008, 11:51 PM
Let me know how the alarm works out for you. I got 2 remotes with my purchase tonight, but the options button doesn't do anything??

etlsport
12/28/2008, 06:20 AM
the option button is an "optional" feature (sorry i couldnt help myself!) you have to buy a special module from isuzu which you program to your garage door opener, then the option button will open your garage door.. many many have tried to make it work to open the rear tailgate or something.. nobody has succeeded as far as i know

IL
04/21/2009, 10:21 AM
Hi guys!
I've got just one remote control with my VX and would like to have a spare one. I've checked the mentioned "remotesandkeys" web-site, so it looks pretty easy to buy the device but my question is how easy it will be to program this after its purchase. Do they send any manual together with device? Because I've already checked "keyless vehicle security system owner's manual" which is available for downloading here, but haven't found any info regarding the programming process for a new remote control... Somebody has an experience in this area?

VX KAT
04/21/2009, 10:24 AM
Mine included an instruction sheet, but if yours doesn't come with one, no problem I can scan it and email it. It's easy as pie, 10 seconds tops.

VX KAT
04/21/2009, 10:36 AM
Also....DO NOT buy from REMOTESUPERSTORE thru Amazon, the guy lied and never shipped remote & lied more...had to file Amazon claim to get money back.

Also, make sure it says OEM somewhere, or that you specifically ASK that question. I bought one that ended up being a clone, sent it back, I wanted OEM, even though it was used.

IL
04/22/2009, 12:16 AM
Also....DO NOT buy from REMOTESUPERSTORE thru Amazon, the guy lied and never shipped remote & lied more...had to file Amazon claim to get money back.

Also, make sure it says OEM somewhere, or that you specifically ASK that question. I bought one that ended up being a clone, sent it back, I wanted OEM, even though it was used.

Ok, thank you, good to know, will never deal with him! :madg2:
Also, if it would be not so complicated for you, pls send me mentioned manual you've got with your remote. The thing is that one friend of mine has a remote but it was originally from Japanese domestic VX. So I would like to try to program this to work with my VX. Thanks in advance!
email: iklimov@gmx.ch

AK Falco
04/22/2009, 02:15 AM
I Have a problem with my remote. doors unlocked, push button once - doors do not lock but alarm turns on......? Also passenger side lock/unlock switch in handle dose not lock doors...... ?

VX KAT
04/27/2009, 10:24 PM
Maybe re-programming it may help. These instructions include how to clear a transmitter current memory and reprogram it. I can email you the full instructions and a copy of the Owner's Manual, but here's the part I'm referring to. I couldn't figure out how to attach the .pdf files here.:_brickwal

"To clear a lost or stolen transmitter from the system's memory, program a transmitter four (4) times. This will remove the missing transmitter from memory since only four (4) transmitter codes can be accepted.

Another way to clear a lost of stolen transmitter is to erase all transmitter codes and then reprogram them. Refer to the security system owner's manual."

vt_maverick
04/28/2009, 06:32 AM
Save yourself a boat load of trouble and just buy the actual OEM remote from Merlin or IsuzuParts.com instead of those aftermarket joints. I bought my extra/replacement remote about 6 months ago for something like $35 and had it in hand 3-4 days after I placed the order. It takes about 5 minutes to program and you don't really need instructions, just use an ink pen to push-and-hold the green button on the alarm box under the driver's side dash, then keep clicking the remote until it works.

Problem solved.

tom4bren
04/28/2009, 08:14 AM
"I couldn't figure out how to attach the .pdf files here."

Kat - upload it to the download section (I think that's the only place that will accept pdf & that's where it belongs anyway).