PDA

View Full Version : Some projects for the new year

Moncha
12/22/2008, 12:18 PM
It's time for a jump start on some projects that have been lingering.

First, we need to clean up the database. What I mean by this is, in the "Required Information" area of your profiles, I'd like to make sure that the information is as accurate as possible.

Please go to "Quick Links --> Edit Profile (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile)"

Please look at the info and correct if needed to:

1. Please put in your proper city name, no abbreviations, PLEASE! This means no chi-town, san fran, mke (Milwaukee) etc. With out good city names, the member search function is pretty much worthless.

2. For U.S. members, please put your 2 letter state code. If you are from outside the U.S., you can enter in a 2 letter code for your county/providence or you can enter in a blank space (hit the space bar) if you choose. Again, With out good state names, the member search function is pretty much worthless.

3. Please use a 2 letter country code. 'nuff said

4. The last section, Year, Color, Model & Last 4 #'s in Vin, Please post just that. (For example; 2000, Proton Yellow, VX, 0584) If you have more than one, list them in sequential order. If you do not own a VX please enter what you do have. Please don't enter (looking or don't have one) It's ok to have a different vehicle. Again, With out good vehicle info, the member search function is pretty much worthless. Yes it is possible to search for all the Proton Yellow VX on the site or in a specific state and so on. But only if the information entered is accurate.

For original colored VX's, please use the following color types rather than generic terms.

Ironman (White)
Ebony Black
Astral Silver
Kaiser Silver
Proton Yellow
Dragon Green Mica
Foxfire Red Mica

This will help immensely with searching for colors

You can see an example in the attached file.

I will also be sending out an email to every registered member of the site. You can ignore the email, I'm only looking for those that bounce. Once I receive a bounce, that member's account will go into hold for deletion status
If you need to update your email or any other info, do so as soon as possible.

Last, I will be removing the 2nd and 3rd "Mods" boxes in the profile settings also. The first box will hold up to 1000 chars. so if you want to keep your signature mods list in tact, add them to the first box. January 31, 2009, I will delete the other two.

That's it for preparations, so. We'll be upgrading to a new version of vB and PhotoPost here soon so I need to get the cobwebs out of the way first.

Your help is and will be greatly appreciated.

More to come!

Scott

nfpgasmask
12/22/2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, Scott! I'm doing mine now!

Bart

Gussie2000
12/22/2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks scott.

That update is fair enough.

Mines was updated & accurate from day one,oh wait...........I'm a site supported ! Great :)

Thanks scott for your hard work & dedication.

Happy holidays for all us you fellow VX brothers !

BLESS !

pbkid
12/22/2008, 05:16 PM
thanks scott...

on a side note, looks like im headed down to pueblo tonight to see the girlfriends fam...

tom4bren
12/23/2008, 06:02 AM
Done & thanks for everything. I don't know anything about website maintenance but if I can be of any help, lemme know.

ISCE
12/23/2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks Scott! Updated my profile per instructions.

VCrossfan
12/23/2008, 10:42 AM
Complete as Requested. Thanks for all your work Scott, and you and your family have a Great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

killinformula
12/23/2008, 11:09 AM
all set here

don moore
12/23/2008, 11:10 AM
ok.. done ..merry christmas:p

Knigh7s
12/23/2008, 11:47 AM
Done! Can't wait to see the new changes!~
How about some custom site templates that are user selectable?
uh oh, Looks like I let my site subscription default :_brickwal (breaks out wallet)...

4X4 UFO
12/23/2008, 12:11 PM
Done! Merry Christmas, Scott and Laura! Best wishes for next year!

Randy

circmand
12/23/2008, 01:56 PM
I did not report it here as I did not know you wanted people to post when they did it but since everyone is letting you know that they did it I am assuming that was what you wanted.

workmeistr
12/23/2008, 02:25 PM
4. The last section, Year, Color, Model & Last 4 #'s in Vin, Please post just that. (For example; 2000, Proton Yellow, VX, 0584)

For original colored VX's, please use the following color types rather than generic terms.

Ironman (White)
Ebony Black
Astral Silver
Kaiser Silver
Proton Yellow
Dragon Green Mica
Foxfire Red Mica

This will help immensely with searching for colors

Not to be a stickler, but a couple of you folks that posted 'mission complete,' don't have vehicle information in the correct format.

'Just trying to help Scott out from blustery Nebraska, Bren. :o