PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my IronMan

killinformula
12/18/2008, 10:54 PM
http://mcandrewmotors.com/popupviewer.aspx?iid=490138&pID=19637090

there is my baby!!!! i parked her next to my formula today and they just look sooooo sick together.... tobad i have to sell my formula :( but i found something i am going to love just as much so its worth it.

JoFotoz
12/18/2008, 11:07 PM
Ummm...worth it?

[url]...so its worth it.

...Like $20 to subscribe here.

Talk about..WORTH IT!...about a BUCK for every question ya've asked.

jo

Thmstec
12/18/2008, 11:19 PM
Ummm...worth it?

...Like $20 to subscribe here.

Talk about..WORTH IT!...about a BUCK for every question ya've asked.

jo

:) Welcome to the family once again.

Just to give you one more reason to think about becoming a donator-- I noticed your cladding is on the grey side, reminds me of mine right after I got it. I HIGHLY recommend the stuff outlined in this post: http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13938 Its worth every penny.

killinformula
12/19/2008, 11:18 AM
:) Welcome to the family once again.

Just to give you one more reason to think about becoming a donator-- I noticed your cladding is on the grey side, reminds me of mine right after I got it. I HIGHLY recommend the stuff outlined in this post: http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13938 Its worth every penny.

Thank you.... donated and glad to be apart of the family!!! i was actually thinking about painting my cladding, i am in the process of searching for how hard it is to remove it from the car... i have painted rims before and a whole bunch of other parts... so i was thinkign about making the cladding black black black!
steps:
1)unbolt cladding
2)clean cladding with a degreaser
3)sand it with a fine sander, and fill the one small scratch in it with a putty/bondo
4) soft coat, dry 10 min
5)heavier coat, dry 20 min
6) full coat, dry completely
7) clearcoat soft coat, dry 15 min
8) clear coat final coat, dry completely
9) paint torx bolts with a white paint
10) bolt back up

i think thats my goal... thats what i will be doing Jan 8th... my calender is packed with crap for my car until i start school the 20th of jan.

LittleBeast
12/19/2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you.... donated and glad to be apart of the family!!! i was actually thinking about painting my cladding, i am in the process of searching for how hard it is to remove it from the car... i have painted rims before and a whole bunch of other parts... so i was thinkign about making the cladding black black black!
steps:
1)unbolt cladding
2)clean cladding with a degreaser
3)sand it with a fine sander, and fill the one small scratch in it with a putty/bondo
4) soft coat, dry 10 min
5)heavier coat, dry 20 min
6) full coat, dry completely
7) clearcoat soft coat, dry 15 min
8) clear coat final coat, dry completely
9) paint torx bolts with a white paint
10) bolt back up

i think thats my goal... thats what i will be doing Jan 8th... my calender is packed with crap for my car until i start school the 20th of jan.

Sounds good, I would do a search though and make sure you like the final result of this. I debated about painting my cladding for the longest time, I also debating about chroming my torque screws in the cladding, but at the end of the day after looking at photo after photo of VX's with all the different option I was thinking on, the cladding still looks the best when it is freshly washed and treated with Back to Black or armor all or something similar. I am pretty sure the different colored screws you will end up not liking after a while, but you never know.

killinformula
12/19/2008, 11:33 AM
Sounds good, I would do a search though and make sure you like the final result of this. I debated about painting my cladding for the longest time, I also debating about chroming my torque screws in the cladding, but at the end of the day after looking at photo after photo of VX's with all the different option I was thinking on, the cladding still looks the best when it is freshly washed and treated with Back to Black or armor all or something similar. I am pretty sure the different colored screws you will end up not liking after a while, but you never know.

I saw millers (?) vx and liked it although i dindt think he clear coated it.. then i found a clear coated one and fell in love, i like the dark black and the shine... and i dont mind resanding and painting if i got hit or scratched... i might see what the torx look like black.... but i was also thinking of doing some offset color to pull out the interior or the red in the badge... so i may do a red... i will play around with photoshop

Gussie2000
12/19/2008, 05:21 PM
Wow !

Your VX is in very clean conds. Love it

I always found vey nice the contrast from white to all the red with black mix.

Did you solve the ABS issue ?

What about the door & the hood ?

WiSDoM
12/19/2008, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the addiction my friend there is always room for one more.

tomdietrying
12/19/2008, 05:57 PM
Nice looking VX!
Peace.
Tom

killinformula
12/19/2008, 06:45 PM
Wow !

Your VX is in very clean conds. Love it

I always found vey nice the contrast from white to all the red with black mix.

Did you solve the ABS issue ?

What about the door & the hood ?

i am taking the car into a body shop tommorrow morning and getting the door fixed for $40

the hood i am going to wait till i paint the cladding to take off and fix. i dont want to have to take it off twice

and as far as the abs goes i am getting the dealer to replace my pads... maybe thats the problem... but after than i hope it goes away but i will post the results... i was looking into the self code reading test and will attempt that if it doesnt go away. i disabled my abs on my formula and it never bothered me.. so i dont car to have it.

as far as the car goes it is in real good condition, i am glad i found one so close to me!

Ldub
12/19/2008, 07:18 PM
Sweet ride Brah...:cool:

Gussie2000
12/19/2008, 08:55 PM
i am taking the car into a body shop tommorrow morning and getting the door fixed for $40

the hood i am going to wait till i paint the cladding to take off and fix. i dont want to have to take it off twice

and as far as the abs goes i am getting the dealer to replace my pads... maybe thats the problem... but after than i hope it goes away but i will post the results... i was looking into the self code reading test and will attempt that if it doesnt go away. i disabled my abs on my formula and it never bothered me.. so i dont car to have it.

as far as the car goes it is in real good condition, i am glad i found one so close to me!

Personally i don't believe it has any thing to do with the pads,the ABS sensor is located next to the battery & probably need to being replaced.

When i bought my VX the pads & the rotors were completly worn to the extend that there was no breaking & my ABS works perfectly.

If the dealer tells you that's related to the pads he's lying.

Dealers are under law both,federal & state obligated & to sell all they vehicules with all safety features in pefcet working conditions.

They cannot sell you an vehicule with worn or broken seat belts,broken cat coverters or mufflers,they cannot even sell you a car with a blowed head light bulb & that has nothing to do with mileage.

killinformula
12/19/2008, 09:45 PM
Personally i don't believe it has any thing to do with the pads,the ABS sensor is located next to the battery & probably need to being replaced.

When i bought my VX the pads & the rotors were completly worn to the extend that there was no breaking & my ABS works perfectly.

If the dealer tells you that's related to the pads he's lying.

Dealers are under law both,federal & state obligated & to sell all they vehicules with all safety features in pefcet working conditions.

They cannot sell you an vehicule with worn or broken seat belts,broken cat coverters or mufflers,they cannot even sell you a car with a blowed head light bulb & that has nothing to do with mileage.

so can i get him to correct the probelm?!?!

CrnCnn
12/19/2008, 09:57 PM
I painted my cladding but did not unbolt it all because I did not want to mess with the rivets in the fender well. My paint job really sux on the truck anyway so I just taped it off.

killinformula
12/19/2008, 10:06 PM
I painted my cladding but did not unbolt it all because I did not want to mess with the rivets in the fender well. My paint job really sux on the truck anyway so I just taped it off.

does the cladding ever shift to where you can see where you werent able to get it with paint... i was looking at a few other people and saw how they left the cladding on... i might leave it on because it would save an ace load of work and time

CrnCnn
12/20/2008, 12:19 AM
does the cladding ever shift to where you can see where you werent able to get it with paint... i was looking at a few other people and saw how they left the cladding on... i might leave it on because it would save an ace load of work and time

I guess I dont know what you mean by shift. There were a few spots that I noticed I had missed but not bad enough to a passer by or someone who isnt really looking it over.

Gussie2000
12/20/2008, 07:40 AM
so can i get him to correct the probelm?!?!

You should,there's no excuses about safety my friend.If the dealer's about to give you hard time just mention these words : DMV office of dealers & complaints.

When you open a complain file agains any dealer in the US they'll rapidly answer you request by asking you more details concering the problems you are confronting with the dealer,then the DMV will call the dealer & ask them even more question,If the dealer had prior complains by other costumers the DMV would get hard on them.We talking about possible fines and/or dealer's license suspension.

If you need official info call the DMV & explain them the situation.

Gussie2000
12/20/2008, 07:43 AM
I guess I dont know what you mean by shift. There were a few spots that I noticed I had missed but not bad enough to a passer by or someone who isnt really looking it over.

Probably he's talking about the claddind's flexibility

Gussie2000
12/20/2008, 08:48 AM
Hey K

Following your ABS issue there's a link created by eric aka ETLsport,there's PDF format with pics addressing you how to locate & replace the ABS.

Also at the same page scott (aka moncha ) (our great VX.info father) placed a huge & extended work shop manual with all info you can imagine.

Just go to the downlowads link at the very left of the screen & do click to follow up the process.

I hope you can benefit from the info there's located :)

Brian Drinks
12/20/2008, 03:04 PM
Hey guys,what i did too my torx bolts i used the chrome bolt caps thats used for the lincens plate screws and they fit perfect in the holes,to keep the caps from comein off i used clear silcone to keek them on.