PDA

View Full Version : Lurker Joins With Questions!

TheGanzman
12/17/2008, 02:58 PM
Greetings to all - short time lurker, first time poster! I've been "gettin' my learn on" with respect to these fine machines (JUST missed a black '01 in San Diego - which one o' you mooks aced me out on that?:mad:), and of course have a coupla questions:
- It SEEMS as though the '99's are priced less than subsequent years; is this due to the smaller wheels/non climate-control HVAC, or to some real or perceived "better" quality in '00/'01?
- I drove a SUPER-CLEAN '99 Silver VX yesterday with less than 20K miles on the clock; NEVER off-roaded, always garaged - this thing is BRAND new! It's cleaner top to bottom than my '07 300C SRT8, and I take CARE of my sh*t! Anyway, the "downsides" to this one for me are the color (I kinda gots my heart set on black, or maybe Proton) and the interior Black/Red thang; my preference would be black/gray. But it's just so DAMNED clean! $12K is his firm price, which didn't seem too bad. What's a brutha to do? Hold out for a Black '00/'01 w/grey leather (I'm in no particular hurry), or move on this one?

kodiak
12/17/2008, 03:08 PM
The 99’s are every bit as good as the 00 and 01. I’d ask about oil consumption but other then that it sound like an awesome VX. I’ve never herd of a 99 with less then 20K on it. I’d grab it before somebody here gets it first. ;)

Techy-D
12/17/2008, 03:12 PM
That's what I paid for my 99 Astril silver / Martian Rock Red interior a couple years ago with 32K on it. I wanted the Red interior, so that was a bonus for me, but if you wait you can always find the color combo you want somwhere. That's pretty low miles though.

TheGanzman
12/17/2008, 03:20 PM
Hey guys - thanks for the quick responses so far! There's no doubt in my mind that it's a "fair price" - I guess my bigger quandary at this point is more the color combos than anything else. I wonder how long I'd have to wait to find a Black/Grey VX...:confused:

kodiak
12/17/2008, 03:28 PM
I wonder how long I'd have to wait to find a Black/Grey VX...:confused:

Only 364 were made.:eek:

nfpgasmask
12/17/2008, 03:28 PM
Dude, all I know, is that if I found a VX with less than 20k on the clock for $12K and I was in the market for a VX, I would buy it hands down.

To me, the color can always be changed if you REALLY want black (which I completely understand).

:thumbup:

Bart

JoFotoz
12/17/2008, 04:08 PM
Ahem...cough...splutter....:p

I’ve never herd of a 99 with less then 20K on it. ;)

Not only have you heard of another one...

..Ya saw it in Moab!

The ORW has 18900 on it!

jo

JoFotoz
12/17/2008, 04:12 PM
Hey Ganzman...HOLD OUT!

The 99 youre looking at with under 20k is certainly tempting...

...but "looks" are a large part of the VX addiction...so I'd say hold out...

...and get what ya really want.

I'm in San Diego...so just down the road from you...I'll keep an eye out for ya.

jo

JoFotoz
12/17/2008, 04:15 PM
Congrats Jo, on post #666! :)

....:eek:

Got go and get Exorcised !

jo

kodiak
12/17/2008, 04:29 PM
Ahem...cough...splutter....:p

Not only have you heard of another one...

..Ya saw it in Moab!

The ORW has 18900 on it!

jo
lol!! I forgot yours was a 99. I always thought yours was that 2008 we keep hearing about.:p

Gussie2000
12/17/2008, 04:30 PM
Wow ! :rolleyes:

Only 20K on the clock ?
That VX has to be the last 99 with less then 30K on the clock,for 12K is a steal.

Look,personally i was after a black VX with black/grey interior with no more than 40,000 miles,unfortunetly i wasn't lucky,but when i found my silver-kaiser with red/black interior (yes,all the opposite way) with only 38K on the clock for just $ 9,999 i just had to forget about the color combo.

Even though i didn't had my desired VX my thoughts were : " Hey gustavo.......it still a VX or no ? "

I'll not encourage you to buy a VX that you don't like,but if i were you i'll drove that VX outter the dealer as soon as possible.

I just want you to be on the possitive side of the street. IMO ;)

However... good luck ! ;)

Ldub
12/17/2008, 04:30 PM
I’ve never herd of a 99 with less then 20K on it. I’d grab it before somebody here gets it first. ;)

Whaddyatalkin' about Kodiak?...I had one with less than 10k on the clock...four & a half years ago...:rotate:

Welcome Ganzman...:thumbup:

TheGanzman
12/17/2008, 04:36 PM
Hey Ganzman...HOLD OUT!

The 99 youre looking at with under 20k is certainly tempting...

...but "looks" are a large part of the VX addiction...so I'd say hold out...

...and get what ya really want.

I'm in San Diego...so just down the road from you...I'll keep an eye out for ya.

jo

Actually, I figgered it was YOU that scooped that black '01 in 'Dago last weekend - you holdin' out on me?:bgwb:

Riff Raff
12/18/2008, 02:15 AM
Hmmm. For me; when I was looking for a VX, it had to meet 5 criteria points:

A: Must be a 2001 model (latest & greatest).
B: Must be Proton Yellow (loud & proud).
C: Must not have been in any kind of accident, period.
D: Must have less than 80K miles (the average for an '01)
E: Must be less than $11,000 (my personal ceiling cap).

Luckily, I waited and I found one that met the criteria above on eBay and won it for only $7,800

kodiak
12/18/2008, 10:47 AM
lol! Look’s like I got your VX then.:D Except mine was 13k 2 years ago.:rolleyes:

Hmmm. For me; when I was looking for a VX, it had to meet 5 criteria points:

A: Must be a 2001 model (latest & greatest).
B: Must be Proton Yellow (loud & proud).
C: Must not have been in any kind of accident, period.
D: Must have less than 80K miles (the average for an '01)
E: Must be less than $11,000 (my personal ceiling cap).

Luckily, I waited and I found one that met the criteria above on eBay and won it for only $7,800

Gussie2000
12/18/2008, 05:43 PM
lol! Look’s like I got your VX then.:D Except mine was 13k 2 years ago.:rolleyes:

You were lucky though.My criteria was black VX with black/grey interior,less than 40K on the clock,for no more then 10,000 & shall be stock loking as much as possible.

Actually i got few of those criterias,but the colors however i like love my silver color VX

TheGanzman
12/18/2008, 05:46 PM
You were lucky though.My criteria was black VX with black/grey interior,less than 40K on the clock,for no more then 10,000 & shall be stock loking as much as possible.

Actually i got few of those criterias,but the colors however i like love my silver color VX

Your criteria are (were) pretty much the same as mine, though I'd go higher than $10K for the right black '00/'01 - the lower the mileage the better! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?:bwgy:

Gussie2000
12/18/2008, 05:58 PM
Your criteria are (were) pretty much the same as mine, though I'd go higher than $10K for the right black '00/'01 - the lower the mileage the better! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?:bwgy:

Have you checked the autotrader.com site ?

Also cars.com can pop up an VX in they list.

Autoshopper.com is a good source too.

But again ganz,that silver Vx with 20K for 12,000 is a very good deal :cool:

However you must keep tight the quest for your dreamed Vx,the black & the proton VX's are the hardess VX to get your hands on.

Ebay have listed about three VX for sale,right now there's foxfire VX (Very nice) with 79K from houston,also a ironman in PA with 90K for 9,000 in stock looking in conditions & a silver kaiser with 39K for 11,000 in michigan