PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone even close???

VCrossfan
12/16/2008, 07:01 PM
Ok Gang..It's slushy outside pretty much all around the country. My question to you all is, when your at a stoplight and it turns green is anyone even close to keeping up the the almighty VX in the snow/slush. The last couple days no one has even been close to keeping up. I'm not looking for a race but when your behind the wheel of something that eats the snow like our beloved VX's do it's hard not to taunt peeps. SUV's, 4X4's, AWD's, FWD's nothing has came close. The closest was a new Chevy Dually 4x4 that tried at 3 stoplight in a row. Then a thumbs up at the 4th...

pbkid
12/16/2008, 07:21 PM
i havent had any yet :)

the closest i have seen was a cayenne that didnt wanna see some punk kid in a cheap car get in front of them when the lanes merged in 1/4 mile...(he lost)

Gussie2000
12/16/2008, 07:22 PM
Ok Gang..It's slushy outside pretty much all around the country. My question to you all is, when your at a stoplight and it turns green is anyone even close to keeping up the the almighty VX in the snow/slush. The last couple days no one has even been close to keeping up. I'm not looking for a race but when your behind the wheel of something that eats the snow like our beloved VX's do it's hard not to taunt peeps. SUV's, 4X4's, AWD's, FWD's nothing has came close. The closest was a new Chevy Dually 4x4 that tried at 3 stoplight in a row. Then a thumbs up at the 4th...

Oh yeah i know what you meant,it doesn't happen in the city,but every time i hit the high way there's some one looking at my toy :p
Then i actually "invite" them to have some fun,i start to swing from one lane to another,past few cars,go again & swing lanes & there's the adrenaline getting high,the rest of the history you already knows it :p

The last time i was in the I 495 which takes you to eastern long island i went to the dealer where i bought the VX ( 74 miles ) & there was two guys on a montecarlo SS we played the game for about 15 minutes,then the guys came close by & give me two thumbs up & drove out the following the exit ;)

I guess they were amazed the way the VX handles cutting thru cars which i believe they never saw before in another SUV :rolleyes:

don moore
12/16/2008, 07:24 PM
I:) noticed that today..also everyone cant keep up at the take off .Im not trying to race anyone ..I just take of with caution.. ....I luv theses things

etlsport
12/16/2008, 07:58 PM
yea i know what you mean! ive noticed it in the rain too.. i dont have to change my takeoffs much at all in bad weather where as most have to be feather light on the gas or the tire spin like mad.. i can only figure its got to be the weight+ short wheel base puts as much weight over each tire as possible to give us better traction.. kind of like keeping your feet directly under you when you walk down an icy hill instead of taking big steps

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/16/2008, 09:34 PM
It's funny this thread came up.

Like last week when we got 10" of snow overnight and I just got my new tires put on..I was out play'in and in the city there is a street with red lights like every 50 yds or so.

I noticed a Chevy Avalanche weaving through traffic behind me in a big hurry. It was clear to me that he probably wanted to get around me because his lane was about to run out where it becomes an onramp to I90E.

The stage was now set! The light changed and I dropped the hammer...tried as he might for about 3 red lights he lost by about 1.5 car lengths or more each time..:p He finally gave up and settled behind me for the 11 mile trek to Waterford! :rolleyes:

Ldub
12/17/2008, 06:28 AM
Been having the same experiences...though it gets frustrating at times.

Having the hot-rod that can out accelerate pretty much everything in the snow, means that you eventually catch up with the group of garden slugs in front of you, where you're trapped, with only their complete driving incompetence as entertainment...:rolleyesg

WormGod
12/17/2008, 08:20 AM
That's only because my WRX isn't in the lane next to you. ;)

Ya, we had sleet last night during rush hour and my commute went from already miserable to down right suicidal. There was a slushy mess all over the roads and the temp was holding at 34-37, but no ice. Slick, but not bad at all IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING (which we can all agree that MD drivers are THE worse, with the exception of maybe 1 guy who has a VX and a WRX, hahaha). Having finally gotten a chance to try out the new winter shoes I got on the WRX (Goodyear Eagle F1's) I wanted to give them the test. GREAT tire after all is said and done.

Anyways, that's fairly VX OT there, but I will say that the VX is a champ in all weather, IMHO. It does what it has to do, as long as you know it's limits (I found most of them the hard way). I find myself with more courage to "play" in the WRX since it's, IMO, the same vehicle just with a MUCH lower stance/center of gravity, heh. Lowered though, so with more than 4" of snow and it's parked, heh. I do miss the VX though. :( Been in the garage for 3 weeks now with battery disconnected, awaiting repair days.

nfpgasmask
12/17/2008, 08:31 AM
Been having the same experiences...though it gets frustrating at times.

Having the hot-rod that can out accelerate pretty much everything in the snow, means that you eventually catch up with the group of garden slugs in front of you, where you're trapped, with only their complete driving incompetence as entertainment...:rolleyesg

Yeah, but it is fun once that little hole opens up between the Saturn and the Prius and then you just blast through. :cool: I'm loving the M/Ts. I was even thinking of airing down a little and see how much better the tracktion gets...

Bart

CrnCnn
12/17/2008, 09:05 AM
Yeah, but it is fun once that little hole opens up between the Saturn and the Prius and then you just blast through. :cool: I'm loving the M/Ts. I was even thinking of airing down a little and see how much better the tracktion gets...

Bart

I hear both sides about MT's, but the side that actually uses their tires in the snowy mountains say that MT's are the BEST in snow.

nfpgasmask
12/17/2008, 09:13 AM
I hear both sides about MT's, but the side that actually uses their tires in the snowy mountains say that MT's are the BEST in snow.

Yeah, I don't get. My boy at Big-O Tires told me the A/Ts were better in the snow. Personally, I don't see how that is possible. When I had the A/Ts, they would just pack up. With the bigger, farther apart lugs on the M/Ts, my tires stay pretty clear. I would imagine it would be even better aired down a little.

Bart

kodiak
12/17/2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah I actually look forward to driving in the snow. I get the funniest looks from people when I’m stopped at a light and I accelerate away like there was no snow at all.:_steering

rowhard
12/17/2008, 03:47 PM
Insert 0.02 cents

Everyone talking about the slush and snow, don't forget to give them ABS systems some good cycles. Might prevent problems with them down the road to the tune of , what did I hear, $3,000.00. But that is just my opinion.

Ldub
12/17/2008, 04:23 PM
Insert 0.02 cents

Everyone talking about the slush and snow, don't forget to give them ABS systems some good cycles. Might prevent problems with them down the road to the tune of , what did I hear, $3,000.00. But that is just my opinion.

I'm in agreement with you...mine gets enough "exercise" every winter, to stay limber the whole year through!...:thumbup:

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/17/2008, 05:24 PM
I'm in agreement with you...mine gets enough "exercise" every winter, to stay limber the whole year through!...:thumbup:

Amen! I just used mine tonight going up MY street! One of the neighbors decided to fly out of his driveway in his F150 without looking to see if anybody might actually be coming up or down the street! doh!!!!!!!!!

VehiGAZ
12/18/2008, 05:03 PM
Looks like I get to try mine out in the snow tomorrow. Whoo-hooooo!!!