PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked My VX Today 12-16-2008

AshleyG
12/16/2008, 02:40 PM
Well ice put my vx in a big ditch today so i dont know what will happen with it.

AshleyG
12/16/2008, 02:42 PM
Pics are in my Gallery!!! Poor Thing I Cried for a good two hours.

kodiak
12/16/2008, 02:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hopeful the insurants company can get it back on the road for you.:(

nfpgasmask
12/16/2008, 02:51 PM
Oh that sucks! Are you ok? Damn, you just bought it!

Ugg...

Sorry to hear this.

Bart

Scott Harness
12/16/2008, 02:52 PM
Sorry to hear this.Glad you're okay!

AshleyG
12/16/2008, 02:55 PM
Yea im great small sratch, more pissed then anything, find out between the 17-22 what gunna happen with it. If they totall im going to try to buy it back and sell it hopefully to someone who owns a VX.

etlsport
12/16/2008, 03:01 PM
oof:( thats rough sorry to hear about this!! glad you are okay..

VehiGAZ
12/16/2008, 03:06 PM
So sorry for your loss, Ashley!!! Ice on the road is treacherous!!

You should contact some of the peeps parting out their VX's to see how much they are getting for the pieces and how much it would be worth to spend on the salvage, if that's where it ends up.

Good luck!!

MSHardeman
12/16/2008, 03:15 PM
So sorry to hear about your accident, but glad that you are in one piece. It seems like we've had a few VX's go down recently.

Let's be safe out there people.

Ldub
12/16/2008, 03:34 PM
Yea im great small sratch, more pissed then anything, find out between the 17-22 what gunna happen with it. If they totall im going to try to buy it back and sell it hopefully to someone who owns a VX.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune...:sighwgray

Glad you're OK though!:cool:

Hope you're "back in the saddle" soon!:thumbup:

Thmstec
12/16/2008, 03:42 PM
Hate to see another VXer lose (if only temporarily) their baby :(

Looking at the pics of the aftermath of this (and every other wrecked VX) makes me feel very safe.

OHVX'er
12/16/2008, 03:54 PM
WOW,thats terrible. At least your OK.

PittVXr
12/16/2008, 04:00 PM
OUCH! Glad to hear that you are OK. That's the most important thing. I hope they can get your VX put back together for you.

VCrossfan
12/16/2008, 04:12 PM
WOW Ashley...Very sad news, I knew you were a new owner and excited...

Gussie2000
12/16/2008, 04:28 PM
Holy god ! :eek:

Thank good you're OK,now there's one less VX on the street :(

I hope you can overcome this one;How many VX's have being wrecked this year ?

Numbers are bit freaky :eek:

Hope you can bring back your toy to the streets. :(

From the pics you posted i trully believe your VX will be back to on streets.

Most of the damage is body related

Fenders,windows,side mirrors,doors & "NEW PAINT" if there's no internal damage like engine,trans,frame,etc you should be able to rescued.

Just trying to being on the positive side of the street

AshleyG
12/16/2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks everyone, Im hoping for the best, and im not letting it go to a salvage yard ill make it a convertible and drive it with the dents before that happens.

CrnCnn
12/16/2008, 05:38 PM
Wow those pics are depressing. I am also glad your ok. I bet that was a little scary. I really would like to move back to Tucson when its winter. I had a close call today but luckily nothing happened.

Dont let this be a sign, we need Girl VXers.

mdwyer
12/16/2008, 06:47 PM
You pics were on the front page... I almost cried when I saw them. :( But I am very happy to hear that you are okay.

ill make it a convertible and drive it with the dents before that happens.

Heh. Hell of an attitude! Well, for what it is worth, it doesn't look all that bad. Getting the body panels might be rough, but all in all, it looks pretty sturdy. Was it driveable? You know... after it was rubber-side-down again?

AshleyG
12/16/2008, 06:52 PM
Well my Dad was their when they pulled in out, he said nothing looked bent,and not sure but gunna find out tommorrow if she fires up. He said if it been any other car probaly would have been crushed, lol, he doesnt want me buying another, but i think i will anyway!!!!

VCrossfan
12/16/2008, 07:05 PM
Ashley when your ready to get another one, let us know we'll help with your search :luck::_steering...Glad your OK...:clap:

AshleyG
12/16/2008, 07:09 PM
Well ive been on Vast.com, and found one i love its a 99 Silver in Bonham TX, 97xxx, the only thing i dont like is it has a crazy red stripe going down the side. Check it out, tell me what yea think its on the first page.

AshleyG
12/16/2008, 07:10 PM
and if i dont get one, i think maybe FJ Crusier, cuz driving an FJ is almost like driving a VX.

pbkid
12/16/2008, 07:25 PM
wow, im really sorry to hear about your misfortune...

hopefully its just cosmetic and you can get it repaired for a decent price...

glad your okay though

don moore
12/16/2008, 07:33 PM
ouch.:eek:.....wow that was fast..Im glad as we all are that your OK:)

chin up

VX crazy
12/17/2008, 05:39 AM
and if i dont get one, i think maybe FJ Crusier, cuz driving an FJ is almost like driving a VX.

Ummm, no its not!

Glad your ok, sucks that you did not get to enjoy it longer!

CrnCnn
12/17/2008, 09:07 AM

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

iamironman
12/17/2008, 09:23 AM
Uh-OHHHH... now u DUN it!!! (http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2rdw3h1&s=5)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

tom4bren
12/17/2008, 09:33 AM
Wow, Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad to hear you're OK. Maybe you should change your handle to 'Smashly'.

Hope you get to keep your VX.

AshleyG
12/17/2008, 02:01 PM
I was kidding i wouldnt get an FJ, but my insurance was crazy enuff with the vx 187 a month so....i probally will be not getting anything nice for awhile.

nfpgasmask
12/17/2008, 03:34 PM
187 a month

Are you under 21? That's a lot.

Bart

AshleyG
12/17/2008, 04:01 PM
Im 24, 25 in March. Yea 187/month full coverage thats my only car. Thats the only thing scares me about buying another VX.

Gussie2000
12/17/2008, 04:11 PM
Im 24, 25 in March. Yea 187/month full coverage thats my only car. Thats the only thing scares me about buying another VX.

Insurance really quote you bit high.That got to do with your age ashley :cool:

Since there's was no other vehicule involve in the accident your insurance should be able to get that VX rolling without questions or complains.

Beside that the accident was weather-related,not reckless driving or any thing close to that.

I hope you can get your toy back & make illinois proud to have an VX rolling their streets :)

AshleyG
12/17/2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks Gussie, Well hopfully in the next couple of days ill get some news from the insurance company. I hope it works out I still stoked for Moab.

Y33TREKker
12/17/2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Gussie, Well hopfully in the next couple of days ill get some news from the insurance company. I hope it works out I still stoked for Moab.

Was that the real story? You just couldn't wait till Moab to take your VX off-road? :p

:bgwo:

AshleyG
12/17/2008, 05:57 PM
LMAO Yea trying out my Dukes of Hazzard skills!!!! Didnt work out to well.....

Y33TREKker
12/17/2008, 07:55 PM
LMAO Yea trying out my Dukes of Hazzard skills!!!! Didnt work out to well.....

Well, don't worry about it too much. Hardly anyone ever gets that first jump over the creek right. ;)

tomdietrying
12/17/2008, 09:19 PM
I'd like to echo the sentaments of everyone. Sorry to hear about your wreck, but glad your alright.
Peace.
Tom

lasturbo
12/17/2008, 10:49 PM
Wow, those are some pics and glad you are OK. I hope your insurance keeps your "baby" on the road. Hang tough!!

AshleyG
12/18/2008, 02:08 PM
Well still nothing out of Allstate, but im going to clean it out, remembered why my back glass broke, had my trailer hitch sitting in the back. Thanks Again Everyone.

Dare2Dream
12/18/2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, sorry to learn about your accident, glad you're okay, that's what matters most.

mdwyer
12/18/2008, 05:40 PM
Well still nothing out of Allstate, but im going to clean it out, remembered why my back glass broke, had my trailer hitch sitting in the back.

*blink* Ohmygod. I'm suddenly having flashbacks to the Mythbusters episode where they were trying to see if a kleenex box on the back deck was dangerous. I'm glad you didn't catch a hitch to the head!!

AshleyG
12/19/2008, 02:08 PM
Yea me too!!!!

AshleyG
12/23/2008, 04:19 AM
Well they deemed my VX total loss on friday afternoon, pretty bummed, thier taking it away, I couldnt keep it, but i am going to try to find where its going, so maybe a fellow VX'r can find it, cuz its cosmetic, so only real damage is the passenger side and the missing windows, it only had 75xxx on it, so all yall needing parts maybe you can use it. I plan on again buying one but im goin to wait to save money so hopefully ill find one all pimped out already for offroading. Good Luck to yall. Thanks for all the advice!!!!

Y33TREKker
12/23/2008, 08:24 AM
Bummer. It's kind of surprising that your VX was totalled having only the limited damage it appeared to have in the pictures, but with the book values falling so drastically over the last few years, and shop labor rates being so high, I'd imagine it was probably the man-hours and paint work that did it.

I suppose that's what makes VX repairs fall into the category of labors of love, and points out at least ONE of the problems of insurance companies...no imagination. :rolleyes:

Gussie2000
12/23/2008, 05:13 PM
Sorry to hear that outcome ashley.

It's sad to see you beloved car going away to some junk yard & be scrapped out.

hope you can be on a new VX soon,by the time mean take it easy.

Happy christmas to you :)

jims585
12/24/2008, 10:03 AM
If you find out where it ended up please post on forum.

lasturbo
12/25/2008, 12:19 AM
Sorry again about the total loss and losing your baby. We appreciate if you did tell us where it is ending up for some of us to possibly "resurrect" her.

towerat
12/25/2008, 07:37 PM
sorry for your loss that really bites... but if you could find out were its goin I would love to ressurect it.

VX crazy
12/25/2008, 07:50 PM
Sorry again about the total loss and losing your baby. We appreciate if you did tell us where it is ending up for some of us to possibly "resurrect" her.

I know here in Texas when mine was totaled they told me that the only person that could buy it back was the owner, if not, than it went to auction where you had to be a dealer to bid on it. General public can not get the same deal.

iamironman
12/25/2008, 08:14 PM
I know here in Texas when mine was totaled they told me that the only person that could buy it back was the owner, if not, than it went to auction where you had to be a dealer to bid on it. General public can not get the same deal.

Ok so Ashley... here's the plan...find out if you can buy it salvage or whatever they call it... how much... let the forum know and maybe someone here can front the money and you just sign it over to them... (us? a group buy/project maybe?) I have several hundred $$ I could help front... we fix it up with a part here a part there.... vxcrazy gets paid for some of her parts... all fixed up... we sell it to a worthy owner... for a small profit... pay back the front $$ people... donate the profit to the forum or start a fund for offsetting costs for MOAB or mini meets... or whatever else funky stuff we can come up with. BRILLIANT!!!!

Solitude
12/27/2008, 05:26 PM
salvage title

SPAZZ
12/28/2008, 04:14 PM
So sorry to here of your wreck. Your VX looks WAY more intact and better than mine when I rolled, so yours should get repaired just fine and ok.
I know it sucks, but hang in there and I hope you have rental reimbursement on your insurance in the mean time or a spare ride while your VX is getting repaired.

It looks like your airbag deployed, I bet that hurt. When I rolled my air bag didn't deploy and my VX looked like it went through a grinder on the top, drivers side, front, rear windows, Hood, windshield, even the passenger side. It was a nightmare. $18,000 in repair cost, 2 and a half months of rental reimbursement and to repair and they didn't total it. I think your safe.
I just hope you are ok and not hurt in all this.

Triathlete
12/28/2008, 05:29 PM
Spazz, glad to see your still around and popping in here every once and a while!:thumbup::wave: