PDA

View Full Version : SWRT calls it quits.... for now

WormGod
12/16/2008, 08:42 AM
It is a sad day for Subaru Rally fans. :(

http://www.swrt.com/news/latest_news.html?id=1590

Here is to hoping things pick up and they get back into the game.

LittleBeast
12/16/2008, 10:39 AM
Dang that sucks

mdwyer
12/16/2008, 06:35 PM
Not that we could get WRC in the states, anyway. :(

I just hope this doesn't mean the death of smaller races, too. I've been meaning to get back to the Steamboat Rally for years. Who knows if it will still be there next year?

I guess it makes sense, with the auto industry being how it is... but Subaru (and Mitsu, I guess) really brought rally to the forefront. It would be a shame for it to go back into obscurity.

Besides, anyone want to lay odds on Ford and Chevy dropping out of Nascar? :)

Gussie2000
12/16/2008, 08:19 PM
Not that we could get WRC in the states, anyway. :(

I just hope this doesn't mean the death of smaller races, too. I've been meaning to get back to the Steamboat Rally for years. Who knows if it will still be there next year?

I guess it makes sense, with the auto industry being how it is... but Subaru (and Mitsu, I guess) really brought rally to the forefront. It would be a shame for it to go back into obscurity.

Besides, anyone want to lay odds on Ford and Chevy dropping out of Nascar? :)

Things just keep going down.

If GM,ford & chrysler falls japan & germany would rule the world's auto industry even though they also feeling the pain.

WormGod
12/17/2008, 08:45 AM
I actually DO wonder just how much Ford and GM pump into NASCAR. THAT needs to come to and end. Let them drop out so we can see 43 Toyota Camrys driving in circles for hours, hahahaha. Wait.... imports, track, circles.... NASCAR would become a Drift! :eek:

I don't think this will affect Rally America. That is mostly a 3rd party sponsorship anyways, like clothing lines, energy drinks, etc. But, I don't think losing a giant like Subaru in WRC is gonna help promote rally worldwide anymore.

I also wonder how Codemasters who are working on DIRT2 will be affected, if at all. I don;t imagine it will put any wrenches in their gears, but still the suck.