PDA

View Full Version : VX-02 Video!

kodiak
12/13/2008, 11:38 PM
I found this today, It's very cool.:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFEFTS03Pf8

rowhard
12/14/2008, 12:48 AM
you have to wonder with them pulling totally out of the American market if this might not go on the auction block at barrett jackson or somewhere

Gussie2000
12/14/2008, 07:06 AM
When i saw that video my mind just blew off, damn it ! what a sweet f^@#.< ride shall be the VX-02.

After this i just feeling depress guys,isuzu's out of business in the US & leaving us with the excitment of " WHAT IF" situation.

GM bought isuzu's stocks to destroy them & after all GM itself is about to go bankrupt what a irony ?

I'll always ask my self why isuzu ? with all those concepts cars to remain in business & they just give up. :(

If isuzu did just try to "GO FURTHER" by producing at least 4 of those concept vehicules we all have seen this wouldn't happening

johnnyapollo
12/14/2008, 08:10 AM
Great video - I think it was originally shown on one of the monitors at the International Auto Show that toured the VX02 and VX4. Some of the driving shots is in one of the Insights videos I own (Lineup video with a bit on the new computerized suspension - featured on the VX02 and used on the Axiom). I don't know if we've discussed this before, but the VX02 was never designed to have a top on it - even if it managed to make it into production it would have been severely altered to incorporate some type of convertible or removable hardtop. I'd love to have the resources to build one.

-- John

tomdietrying
12/14/2008, 03:47 PM
Oh man!!!! That's like seeing footage of Bigfoot. You always hear of the stories but when it comes down to proof, it's not there.

Great find!

Peace.
Tom

pbkid
12/14/2008, 05:43 PM
definately a cool video...

just because im curious...how much would everyone be willing to pay to get ahold of that VX???

(thought it might be interesting to see)

iamironman
12/14/2008, 06:25 PM
definately a cool video...

just because im curious...how much would everyone be willing to pay to get ahold of that VX???

(thought it might be interesting to see)

YEAH!!! GROUP BUY!!! I just came into some money.. so I'll go the first $1000

We could "share" it... we each get it for a month...

DIBS ON FIRST MONTH!!!

Thmstec
12/14/2008, 07:33 PM
I'm very interested in how much this thing would go for if it were on auction too... so in a very non-scientific survey may I start the bidding?

AD:

-Fully functional one-off concept topless performance utility vehicle based off of the limited-production Vehicross
-showroom condition, very low mileage
-featured in Mission To Mars movie
-one of the last remnants of a once successful brand now leaving the US
(please share anything relevant that I missed)

Do I hear a $30,000 starting bid?

iamironman
12/14/2008, 07:45 PM
I have to do it...... :cool:

did you think no one would do it?:smilewink:bwgy::bwgr::bgwp:

btw... that's a very non- scientific number... :smilewink:bwgy::bwgr::bgwp:

ok I'll stop now

___-

pbkid
12/14/2008, 10:37 PM
i would bid 35k....(sticker price new)

Thmstec
12/15/2008, 11:59 AM
I'd bid up to around 80K ESPECIALLY if everything in it worked.

I was doing some research last night, and supposedly it has a folding hardtop (:eek:) and an in-car computer system complete with a boom-mic that swings down for voice control. But I can't seem to find any pictures of the hardtop up or in action, so I have my doubts about it's existence, and the car pc sounds a bit too awesome for something made in 2000.

tom4bren
12/15/2008, 12:03 PM
They'd prolly crush it instead of auctioning it - too much liability. Sad.

pbkid
12/15/2008, 02:08 PM
ya, it is sad...

they could have probably made some good money if they advertised it correctly...

Riff Raff
12/18/2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, that is a cool video and I agree it was probably debuted at an Intl Auto Show in the mid/late 90's. Personally, I wonder what ever happened to the actual stage car from the movie "Mission To Mars"??? Perhaps, some movie executive has it.

With regards to a roof, an enclosed compartment folding hardtop would be ideal; if not, then a bolt-down "clam-shell" hardtop would suffice like those suspended from your garage ceiling (early Corvette style). However, the vehicle does need some sort of integral style roll-bar like the old convertible Shelby Mustangs from the late 60's.

Bieredalsace
12/22/2008, 12:19 PM
Fantastic video! Thanks for sharing it with us. Only pics I've seen were in paper ads and a group tripto LAX.

Cpt_kludge
07/16/2009, 06:43 AM
The movie "Mission to Mars" was on TV a couple of months ago. I saw the convertable there and fell in love. I currently have a Pontiac Solstice GXP (another car that is going away) and would love to have the Convertible VehiCross as a compliment. Seems to me that they must have made a few for demo and the movie but I would love to find out what happened to them:)

Ldub
07/16/2009, 06:49 AM
The movie "Mission to Mars" was on TV a couple of months ago. I saw the convertable there and fell in love. I currently have a Pontiac Solstice GXP (another car that is going away) and would love to have the Convertible VehiCross as a compliment. Seems to me that they must have made a few for demo and the movie but I would love to find out what happened to them:)

You'll find out here...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15375&highlight=museum

Welcome to the Fam...:thumbup:

erland
07/16/2009, 05:16 PM
I have also seen the VX 02 in the movie LawnMower Man II Twas brief but unmistakable.

swift16
07/18/2009, 12:24 PM
You guys should know that this vehicle resides downstairs at the Peterson museum in LA. Six of us got to see it and the four door in March of 09 (Thanks Baldwin). By the way, they are not selling. I asked.