PDA

View Full Version : Moab 2008 Videos - Tuesday VX Only Run

nfpgasmask
12/07/2008, 07:58 PM
FINALLY. Yes, I spent all of Friday night capturing VX footage from this past May. And I spent all last night going through the footage to compile 5 video highlights from Tuesday. It almost brought a tear to my eye. :p

A few notes:

1) You will notice, I made a stupid, tired mistake with my titles on all but the last video, spelling VehiCROSS like VEHI-Cross instead of Vehi-CROSS. Oh well, I was tired and didn't catch until I was pretty much done and I couldn’t go back and re-do it all. I don't know how I did that. I have probably typed the word "VehiCROSS" about 65 million times, and somehow I effed it up on the vids...:mbrasd:

2) For those of you who were there, this won't matter, cause you know EXACTLY what it's like, but for those of you who were not there, take a few moments from each clip to look not at the VXes, but at the amazing backdrop that we are so privileged to have had the opportunity to wheel in. Moab is a true outdoor paradise.

3) All the video was shot through a cheap fish-eye adapter I put on my video camera, which was mounted to my roof rack. I noticed that this has an advantage and a disadvantage. The advantage being that you can see much, much more, including all the VXes in front of me and the killer landscape. The disadvantage is that the fish-eye somehow seems to have flattened the terrain, making some of the more fun obstacles not look like much at all.

4) I hate YouTube. These videos look so much better uncompressed. I need to figure out how to make a DVD of all this that I can share. Ho-Hum, another project I have little time for....

5) Moab rocks. If you have never been, do whatever you can to go. I am already starting to feel sad that I probably won't be making it in 2009. It's so much more than a VX event, it's really just a big party amongst some really quality friends, in a what is probably the best venue for offroading in the country.

Now, onto the vids:

1) "Don't Stop Keep It Rollin'"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOTVUpCYpY

2) "Should I Just Pull It Over?" - my personal favorite...still laughing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNxVGYWxx9w

3) "I Feel The Need For Speed" - Hauling tail through the loose sand is such a blast!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB1-bjNX0k0

4) "Standard Operating Procedures"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEeiiK4S8yY

5) "Misc Trail Footage"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ8Tkja-uJ8

Now, onto the Hell's Revenge footage...

Bart

JoFotoz
12/07/2008, 09:31 PM
AWESOME BART....now May seems so far away!

jo

nfpgasmask
12/07/2008, 09:57 PM
AWESOME BART....now May seems so far away!
jo

Yeah, it's hard man. I'm watching the Hell's Revenge video now. Such a wicked experience. Anyone who lives in or within a few hours of Moab should consider themselves lucky!

Bart

kodiak
12/07/2008, 11:11 PM
Great footage Bart! Love the background music.:thumbup:

Thmstec
12/07/2008, 11:27 PM
Enjoyed watching the vids, really makes me want to go to next year's!

Ldub
12/08/2008, 06:31 AM
As always...WELL DONE BART!!!:dance:

I'd forgotten my apprehension about sticking my arm into a vehicle being guarded by "Satans Greyhound"...:eek:

Your selfless efforts brought back a lot of great memories for me...can't wait to get back into the Red Rocks.

THANK YOU...:thumbup:

nfpgasmask
12/08/2008, 08:23 AM
As always...WELL DONE BART!!!:dance:

I'd forgotten my apprehension about sticking my arm into a vehicle being guarded by "Satans Greyhound"...:eek:

Your selfless efforts brought back a lot of great memories for me...can't wait to get back into the Red Rocks.

THANK YOU...:thumbup:

Yeah, hilarious. I totally forgot about that until I started watching the vids. Menace is so intimidating. :rolleyes:

:) Bart

tomdietrying
12/08/2008, 12:27 PM
Awsome Bart! Thanks for your time and energy.
Peace.
Tom

nfpgasmask
12/08/2008, 01:27 PM
Awsome Bart!Thanks for your time and energy
Peace.
Tom

Thanks man! So much fun stuff on those tapes. I wish everyone had a trail cam going cause I know there are moments that will be forgotten!

nfpgasmask
12/08/2008, 02:16 PM
Man, I wish I could watch all these vids right now - I'll have to wait a couple hours. I watched some of the 1st one though and it does bring a perm-a-grin to the face and butterflies to the tummy. I do feel blessed to live so close to Moab! Thanks for your time in doing all this Bart! U Da MAN! Can't wait to watch the rest!

I think you should watch the beginning of #2 right now. That just can't wait. It will put a smile on your face for the rest of the day. :)

I got through the first 2 tapes of Hell's Revenge last night. I watched all the way up to that special moment you and Zeus shared in the tub. :rolleyes: :cool: Hopefully I will have those uploaded soon. I have to admit, the Hell's Revenge footage is almost all too good to just post the highlights. The whole day was pretty much the high point of the entire year....

nfpgasmask
12/08/2008, 03:32 PM
HAHA! I knew I didn't park there!! :) If it were anyone but Dub, Menace would have freaked out... and licked their face off - Dub has too much beard! ;)

Yeah, but that's because Ldub is hiding another fist behind that beard!

:laughing: Bart

Ldub
12/08/2008, 03:41 PM
HAHA! I knew I didn't park there!! :) If it were anyone but Dub, Menace would have freaked out... and licked their face off - Dub has too much beard! ;)

Yeah, but that's because Ldub is hiding another fist behind that beard!

:laughing: Bart

Funny, funny guys we've got around here...:laughgray

Scott Harness
12/09/2008, 01:46 PM
Excellent! thanks Bart makes me want to:_drool::_steering Drool and Drive not necessarily in that order.

nfpgasmask
12/09/2008, 03:18 PM
Excellent! thanks Bart makes me want to:_drool::_steering Drool and Drive not necessarily in that order.

Yeah, wait till you watch some Hell's Revenge. It definitely makes you want to get up, jump in your VX and start driving towards Moab!

Bart

nfpgasmask
12/09/2008, 03:52 PM
I usually want to do that anyway!

Man, being only 4 hours away, you should definitely get down there more than once a year!

Bart