PDA

View Full Version : BIG Kudos to all the new (and old) SS

Ldub
12/07/2008, 11:03 AM
A whoppin' large "WELL DONE" to all those who have decided to open their wallets right before Christmas, & in some of the shakiest economic times ever...:thumbup:

Y'all RULE! (as all site supporters do...:smilewink )

You know how it makes me feel when I log on to VXinfo & the majority of my commrades in the "Who's Online" box are SS ???...:confused:

:thumbup:...REAL GOOD!...:thumbup:

VCrossfan
12/07/2008, 11:25 AM
Hat's off to you Ldub, for your continued support and advice on things VX and some not..

http://sk1.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/771a565fc6f14e50

Ldub
12/07/2008, 12:17 PM
LOL...I like the skelly.

I don't claim to know much of anything, and my "advice" is sometimes worth whatcha paid for it ($0.00), sometimes less...:rolleyesg

But I'll share my opinion on many topics of interest...:smilewink

iamironman
12/07/2008, 12:33 PM
LOL...I like the skelly.

I don't claim to know much of anything, and my "advice" is sometimes worth whatcha paid for it ($0.00), sometimes less...:rolleyesg

But I'll share my opinion on many topics of interest...:smilewink

So.... how much can I get for taking some "advice" of yours??:bwgy:;):bwgy:

P.S.... got worried for a sec... "BIG Kudos to all the new (and old) SS" <<when I first saw this I thought... Nazi??... then Stainless Steel?... then it hit me... lol!!

kodiak
12/07/2008, 12:41 PM
This is what I was thinking.:cool:

http://forum.avtoindex.com/foto/data/media/27/chevrolet_chevelle_ss_2.jpg

Ldub
12/07/2008, 12:42 PM
So.... how much can I get for taking some "advice" of yours??:bwgy:;):bwgy:

P.S.... got worried for a sec... "BIG Kudos to all the new (and old) SS" <<when I first saw this I thought... Nazi??... then Stainless Steel?... then it hit me... lol!!

Almost nothing...you may end up owing yourself money...:razzgray:

I thought the "SS" would be a mystery people couldn't ignore...:smilewink

I always wondered if the "bowtie corp" had their motives questioned when they released the "SS" versions of the Impala, Chevelle, etc...:confused:

VXGirlie01
12/07/2008, 03:21 PM
okay..i was thinking...."stainless steel" but then i finally caught on as well. :laugho:

happy holidays to you all!

pbkid
12/07/2008, 03:28 PM
ya i was thinking super sport....chevy

ya, good call ldub...kudos to all SS

Ldub
12/07/2008, 03:58 PM
I thought it interesting, that later the same day of posting this thread, I see an article on MSN entitled...

7 smart ways to buy happiness

# 6 hit the mark dead on...:cool:

6. Giveaways

A surprise benefit of giving to others, or to a cause you believe in, is how good it makes you feel.

Studies show that altruism not only tickles the feel-good centers in the brain, but it also creates a sense of social bonding and mutual support that enhances your personal well-being.

You don't have to give millions to get that payoff. The most important thing isn't whether you spend money or volunteer time or contribute goods, but that whatever you share -- and however you share it -- means a lot to you.

nfpgasmask
12/07/2008, 05:39 PM
This is what I was thinking.:cool:

LOL! Me too! I was alike, SS? Super Sport? Huh?

:) Bart

iamironman
12/07/2008, 05:59 PM
Viola!!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/VXSS21.jpg

Y33TREKker
12/07/2008, 06:23 PM

Oh I don't know. I mean, since we're sharing opinions, that could have been seen as an honest mistake when considering some of the attempted bullying tactics in the past to "encourage" site supporting participation.

:p

Since some members seem to be on here day-in and day-out accumulating 1000's of posts, maybe a pro-rated donation system based on actual usage/need should be incorporated?

Just an opinion.

kpaske
12/07/2008, 11:04 PM
So what, we're charging Ldub by minutes of usage now? Can we atleast give him rollover minutes and free nights and weekends? ;Db;

Thanks for the reminder, just reupped my support. Oh how good it feels to give...

Ldub
12/08/2008, 06:52 AM
Oh I don't know. I mean, since we're sharing opinions, that could have been seen as an honest mistake when considering some of the attempted bullying tactics in the past to "encourage" site supporting participation.

:p

Since some members seem to be on here day-in and day-out accumulating 1000's of posts, maybe a pro-rated donation system based on actual usage/need should be incorporated?

Just an opinion.

And a fine opinion it is...:thumbup:
Last I checked, I'm paid up through 2010, and just did about $100.00 of my Christmas shopping at the VXinfo store.
You think I should be doing more???...I'll see what I can do.
I'm glad to do my part + a little more, and for some reason, don't think Moncha should have to pick up ALL the slack out of his own pocket.
But that's just me...
Oh, BTW, if you're making a (not very) veiled comparison of my "friendly reminder/encoragement to donate", to being bullied by nazis, then you my friend, must have led a very sheltered existence.

So what, we're charging Ldub by minutes of usage now? Can we atleast give him rollover minutes and free nights and weekends? ;Db;

Thanks for the reminder, just reupped my support. Oh how good it feels to give...

AMEN Brother!...:thumbup:

LOL...can you hear me now?

iamironman
12/08/2008, 07:08 AM
Oh, BTW, if you're making a (not very) veiled comparison of my "friendly reminder/encoragement to donate", to being bullied by nazis, then you my friend, must have led a very sheltered existence.

I have nothing to do with this... Ldub and I have settled our differences... (I think)(I hope)

I was just making an totally innocent comment about what I thought the "SS" meant... I meant no references other than that... everyone else that replied to this thread seems to know what I meant... sorry if this stirred up shyte.

I'm very happy to have finally been able to donate... the reason I was able to is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220323509704

Those are mine... I sold them to uncle asa in russia... I am shipping them out today... I hope he is happy with them.

Ldub
12/08/2008, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE=iamironman;140955]I have nothing to do with this... Ldub and I have settled our differences... (I think)(I hope)

I was just making an totally innocent comment about what I thought the "SS" meant... I meant no references other than that... everyone else that replied to this thread seems to know what I meant... sorry if this stirred up shyte.
[QUOTE]

Don't give it a second thought...:smilewink

Some of my best Buds started out as most worthy adversaries, and I can truthfully say, that I'm friends with at least one member here who didn't like me one little bit, until we met face to face.:cool:

Life is funny like that...:thumbup:

tom4bren
12/08/2008, 07:54 AM
"Life is funny like that..."

Good thing you thrive on abuse.

Ldub
12/08/2008, 08:17 AM
"Life is funny like that..."

Good thing you thrive on abuse.

Yeah...good thing.:rolleyesg

tom4bren
12/08/2008, 10:22 AM
"I'll accept bully, flamer, nazi, prick..."

Shoot - I had 'anal retentive' picked out for you.

LittleBeast
12/08/2008, 10:51 AM
"I'll accept bully, flamer, nazi, prick..."

Shoot - I had 'anal retentive' picked out for you.

Well yeah! That comes with the job!

Zues I never knew your day "job", thanks for "clearing" things up:http://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer/colonoscopy-16695

iamironman
12/08/2008, 11:07 AM
Zues I never knew your day "job", thanks for "clearing" things up:http://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer/colonoscopy-16695

I don't get it???

:freek::freek::freek:

WormGod
12/08/2008, 12:24 PM
Ya, now now. I have actually been a Site Supporter for a while but it didn't change under my status here. Never actually cared what it said as long as I know I put some $$ into the VX.I pot. :)

Y33TREKker
12/08/2008, 04:40 PM
And a fine opinion it is...:thumbup:
Last I checked, I'm paid up through 2010, and just did about $100.00 of my Christmas shopping at the VXinfo store.
But who's counting eh? As long as you know, that's the important thing. I mean, since it's all about giving and not a need for recognition or anything like that...right?

You think I should be doing more???...I'll see what I can do.
If I do start to think that, I'll let you know. In the meantime, how about we agree on this. You take care of your half of the conversation and I'll take care of mine.

I'm glad to do my part + a little more, and for some reason, don't think Moncha should have to pick up ALL the slack out of his own pocket.
But that's just me...

Actually, it was the recollection of all the childish, hateful name-calling and holier-than-thou self-adulation (similar to what your doing again now) that came across as nazi-ish last time....but maybe that was just me. Or do you not remember that part?

iamironman - The only reason I quoted you was because you happened to be the person to make the SS/Nazi comment. I knew you didn't mean it to imply anything along the lines of what I used it for. And I still don't see this as shyte being stirred up anyway, merely an exchange of opinions.

In all Ldub, if you feel the need to think of me as an adversary, or someone who doesn't like you one little bit, that's totally up to you. Other than the fact that you seem to have latched on to something I said (that was misinterpreted from the start anyway), I can't say that I've really given you or the matter all that much thought since then. (Meaning no disrespect to Moncha or his efforts on this site).

So to clear up what was misinterpreted back then. I never said I was opposed to donating to the site, that was what someone else implied. If I had been that opposed to the idea of helping this site continue, I never would have donated to the new server fund at that time.

We all have our reasons and justifications for doing what we do, but I won't bore you with mine on this topic or stand idly by while you attempt to belittle me with yours. Regardless of what they are, they can be misinterpreted at times by others. For example, to me it might appear that too much of your self-esteem is tied in with your ownership of a VehiCross, and as a by-product, your image on this website, but I admit that I may be misinterpreting what I "see" as you continue to try to justify your actions with your also-not-so-veiled comments.

But hey, none of this mutual condescension is doing anyone any good now is it....? You can call me all the names that you want, but despite what you or anyone else may want to think, I'm not using that as a justification for not having donated to this site to date.

Moncha
12/08/2008, 07:28 PM
Wow, I hate to be the subject of disdain. I appreciate support in any fashion. I hope this doesn't go into the crapper.

Gary, I did some checking and I did make a boo boo. I will fix you all up and I apologize. The manual additions for donations gets missed sometimes.

Ldub
12/09/2008, 06:44 AM
But who's counting eh? As long as you know, that's the important thing. I mean, since it's all about giving and not a need for recognition or anything like that...right?

If I do start to think that, I'll let you know. In the meantime, how about we agree on this. You take care of your half of the conversation and I'll take care of mine.

Actually, it was the recollection of all the childish, hateful name-calling and holier-than-thou self-adulation (similar to what your doing again now) that came across as nazi-ish last time....but maybe that was just me. Or do you not remember that part?

iamironman - The only reason I quoted you was because you happened to be the person to make the SS/Nazi comment. I knew you didn't mean it to imply anything along the lines of what I used it for. And I still don't see this as shyte being stirred up anyway, merely an exchange of opinions.

In all Ldub, if you feel the need to think of me as an adversary, or someone who doesn't like you one little bit, that's totally up to you. Other than the fact that you seem to have latched on to something I said (that was misinterpreted from the start anyway), I can't say that I've really given you or the matter all that much thought since then. (Meaning no disrespect to Moncha or his efforts on this site).

So to clear up what was misinterpreted back then. I never said I was opposed to donating to the site, that was what someone else implied. If I had been that opposed to the idea of helping this site continue, I never would have donated to the new server fund at that time.

We all have our reasons and justifications for doing what we do, but I won't bore you with mine on this topic or stand idly by while you attempt to belittle me with yours. Regardless of what they are, they can be misinterpreted at times by others. For example, to me it might appear that too much of your self-esteem is tied in with your ownership of a VehiCross, and as a by-product, your image on this website, but I admit that I may be misinterpreting what I "see" as you continue to try to justify your actions with your also-not-so-veiled comments.

But hey, none of this mutual condescension is doing anyone any good now is it....? You can call me all the names that you want, but despite what you or anyone else may want to think, I'm not using that as a justification for not having donated to this site to date.

Wow!... good come back, psychological eval & everything...:thumbup:

I'll admit, I do get a bit overzealous when I get my teeth into a problem, my bad & I'm sorry to anyone who's feelings I may have hurt...:flower:

WormGod
12/09/2008, 08:18 AM
Wow, I hate to be the subject of disdain. I appreciate support in any fashion. I hope this doesn't go into the crapper.

Gary, I did some checking and I did make a boo boo. I will fix you all up and I apologize. The manual additions for donations gets missed sometimes.

Nah, don't mention it. As long as I know the $$ went towards the site regardless of my status, I could care less. No worries. :)

nfpgasmask
12/09/2008, 08:36 AM
If we start getting charged by the number of post we have on here, I am REALLY going to need to cut back and find something else to keep me entertained while I am at work. I don't think I could afford that!!

:bgwg: Bart

Y33TREKker
12/09/2008, 09:01 AM
Wow!... good come back, psychological eval & everything...:thumbup:

I'll admit, I do get a bit overzealous when I get my teeth into a problem, my bad & I'm sorry to anyone who's feelings I may have hurt...:flower:

You see, it's those kinds of responses that tell me you still aren't really trying. You talk about how good it feels to give, but using donating to this site (and going out of your way to state what you give) as an example makes it appear that it's only worthwhile to you if you also receive adulation for you're giving; not to mention the fact that you're also receiving a direct return for your donation in the form of continued use of a website where you seem to personally choose to spend a lot of time.

That is where our two opinions differ. If that's where you choose to direct your money in what you consider the spirit of giving, that's up to you, but please don't insult me by trying to pass off your act as being so altruistic.

Try dropping one of those $100's anonymously into a Salvation Army pot (or any charity of your choice you believe is particularly effective) some day to help someone who maybe can't even afford internet access, let alone a vehicle that would lead them to a site like this in the first place, and see if it makes you feel any different. That shouldn't be much more difficult that clicking a Paypal button, because fortunately for you, there should be any number of people out and about this time of year seeking help from people as giving as you....after all...'tis the season.

I'll admit, I do get a bit overzealous when I get my teeth into a problem
It seems we are very alike in that way, although I'm still not sure why you insist on trying to escalate a difference of opinion into a "problem". But however you choose to view it, don't worry about hurting my feelings. We're just two people talking, so it's all good.

nfpgasmask
12/09/2008, 09:32 AM
http://i.pbase.com/o4/98/583898/1/63713938.qaEEdjG9.popcorn.gif

iamironman
12/09/2008, 09:50 AM
LOL, NFP.... here lemme help...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/popcorn2.gif (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12497)

nfpgasmask
12/09/2008, 10:46 AM
You know, I have really tried to stay out of this discussion. I really don't get why people get so bent outta shape about the whole site supporter deal. I know most of the bickering has been related to Ldub's badgering of folks, and that is a discussion dead and gone in my mind, but anyway...

People like me, and obviously Ldub, use this forum on a daily basis for technical VX info, for laughs, for entertainment, and as a local Internet "pub" full of your best buds. I'm sure we feel compelled to contribute to the site for a variety of reasons.

Now, I can't speak for anyone else, but can say this without a shred of shame: I give money to VX.info because it gives me something back. I don't donate to the Salvation Army, and I don't give my "spare" change to bums. Most of you probably don't know me well enough to know that I am a devout misanthropist, but I am. My contributing to this site is a bit out of character for me. Normally, I wouldn't give a squirt of piss to a forum of any kind, but over the years, I have grown so fond of this place, and the vast majority of the folks that haunt it, that I will do what little I can to keep it around. If I can shoot $20 here, and $20 there over to Moncha for all his hard work, I will.

And that brings me to my final point about contributing here. Most people have no idea what kind of time consuming financial burden a website like this is to keep running, and running smoothly. But I know from experience, that it ain't easy to keep up with, especially considering the health issues Moncha has been dealing with.

In a final defense of sir Dub, all I can say is that he, like me, most likely feels a bit of a bond to this site, as silly as that sounds, and as such is slightly more emotionally attached to it than most other folks are. And, as a result, his badgering may come off as bullying. But I can assure you, that those of us who do badger others to contribute, do it with the best of intentions, and not to "one-up" our status on this forum.

GO TO MOAB. MEET THE PEOPLE. IT ONLY GETS BETTER.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

LittleBeast
12/09/2008, 11:02 AM
please don't insult me by trying to pass off your act as being so altruistic.

Try dropping one of those $100's anonymously into a Salvation Army pot (or any charity of your choice you believe is particularly effective) some day to help someone who maybe can't even afford internet access, let alone a vehicle that would lead them to a site like this in the first place, and see if it makes you feel any different. That shouldn't be much more difficult that clicking a Paypal button, because fortunately for you, there should be any number of people out and about this time of year seeking help from people as giving as you....after all...'tis the season.

Who is to say that LDub does not already donate to the Salvation Army, or any other local organization to help those less fortunate or in need? I guess he could tell you that he does, but then he would be judged by you for seeking praise from others for bragging about his donations huh? I guess you might just want to give LDub the benefit of the doubt and not assume that he is not giving to other organizations before labeling him as having fake altruistic intentions for donating to something he does receive benefit from and then encouraging others to do the same by publicly admitting to his contributions. Most of the time when someone is trying to point the finger at someone else, it is normally because of pride or conviction and a need to pass the blame, seriously what could LDub have done to deserve your finger pointing? Grow up a little and give people the benefit of the doubt before claiming that they should go and do something that you have no clue if they do or do not do already, especially when if they admitted to doing it you would just point your finger back at them for bragging and not just giving out of the goodness of their heart.

Ldub
12/09/2008, 05:31 PM
You see, it's those kinds of responses that tell me you still aren't really trying. You talk about how good it feels to give, but using donating to this site (and going out of your way to state what you give) as an example makes it appear that it's only worthwhile to you if you also receive adulation for you're giving; not to mention the fact that you're also receiving a direct return for your donation in the form of continued use of a website where you seem to personally choose to spend a lot of time.

That is where our two opinions differ. If that's where you choose to direct your money in what you consider the spirit of giving, that's up to you, but please don't insult me by trying to pass off your act as being so altruistic.

It seems we are very alike in that way, although I'm still not sure why you insist on trying to escalate a difference of opinion into a "problem". But however you choose to view it, don't worry about hurting my feelings. We're just two people talking, so it's all good.

As L Beast so eloquently put it (not in these exact words) it's lose/lose for me, so I won't burden you with any of my "other" altruistic activities.
I will say, that you miss the point completely, when you refer to a "difference of opinion" as my perception of the "problem".
I see the problem as Moncha having to pick up the slack when donations fall short of the monthly cost of upkeep of this site.
It seems to me, that with a severe dent to his income, due to time missed from work while in the hospital & in therapy, combined with a large pile of medical expenses, he's got a pretty full plate already.
At the time when the "helpscott.org" site was taking donations, my pockets were empty & I wasn't able to contribute...:sighwgray Maybe I'm overcompensating because of that, you're the shrink, you tell me...:smilewink
You refer to me insulting you with my altruistic "act"...:confused:
Sure...whatever you say, all that shows me, is that you have no idea of who I am, & that's OK by me.
I'll be happy to help raise money for a place where I enjoy the company of like minded enthusiasts, I don't even mind the occasional input of those who disagree, I figure it comes with the turf.

tom4bren
12/10/2008, 06:19 AM
Sorry Y3, I gotta side with Dub on this.

If he gets peeps to donate for whatever reason (shame, guilt, inspiration) - his work here is done. I personally admire folks who take an active role in something they believe in.

If you don't like what he has to say, don't read it - Simple.

I vote we change his handle to Lbud:)

Ida know, maybe I just relate to him since I'm an old fart too.

LittleBeast
12/10/2008, 01:41 PM
I vote we change his handle to Lbud:)

Ida know, maybe I just relate to him since I'm an old fart too.

Hahahaha, wow good thing you old farts are so freaking hilarious, LBUD? That is awesome! Reminds me of the "My Buddy" commercials that were on tv when I was growing up, how does that song go?
http://grainoflight.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/my-buddy.gif
"My buddie,
my buddie,
where ever I go he goes,
my buddie, mybuddie,
my buddie and me."

so what would the LBUD song sound like? Everyone I am waiting for your own personal LBUD songs, here is mine:

"Our LBUD,
our LBUD,
where ever we go you go (along with enough tools and supplies to make an entirely new VX),
our LBUD, our LBUD,
our LBUD and his skulls."

Wow, that was terrible sorry, I am going to go do some manly things now, like watch monster trucks, and go bench press, and grunt and spit and throw something, and then break something just because, yeah uh, I'm done sorry ;)

SlowPro48
12/10/2008, 01:49 PM
Great googly moogly this thread sure took a wrong turn since I perused it a few days ago!

Well anyway - I didn't realize Ldub was such a badger... badgerer... badgererer... whatever - I've never felt badgered. Actually, the post that made me donate was the one about putting ads on this site.

Right after I hit the Pay button though, the thought occurred to me - I wonder if Grand_Canyon_VXer is really that trickster Moncha in disguise!?

But now this thread has me thinking maybe Grand_Canyon_VXer is the alter ego of that badgering ol' Ldub and he's just trying out a new tactic! Sneaky! Either way - it was a stroke of marketing genius - sure made me pony up.

;)

nfpgasmask
12/10/2008, 01:53 PM
Well anyway - I didn't realize Ldub was such a badger... badgerer... badgererer... whatever - I've never felt badgered.

You totally just reminded me of this awesome Flash movie!

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

And this awesome comic! I need to clone Ldub's head on there!

http://blogs.the217.com/capes/files/2008/01/badger.jpg

EDIT: DONE! -Sorry, Ldub, you know I just can't help myself. That photo I took of you has really come in handy. It's funny, I have several friends who refuse to let me take photos of them for fear of what I might do with them. You should see some of my NSFW photochoppings of friends!!!

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/badgerDUB.jpg

BADGER! BADGER! BADGER!

Bart

Ldub
12/10/2008, 03:08 PM
EDIT: DONE! -Sorry, Ldub, you know I just can't help myself. That photo I took of you has really come in handy. It's funny, I have several friends who refuse to let me take photos of them for fear of what I might do with them. You should see some of my NSFW photochoppings of friends!!!

BADGER! BADGER! BADGER!

Bart

OMFG...you guys are KILLIN me here...:laughgray...:laughing:...:laughgray

Bart, I just laughed so hard, that the neighbors heard me & thought I was having a medical emergency...Thanks Bro! :smilewink

You all are the BEST!...:heart:

BTW, how long am I supposed to watch that badger/mushroom/snake vid???
Does it ever end?...or have any sort of a point?
I've experienced, first hand, the effects of all three characters, and I must say, one is BY FAR (we're talkin' WIDE margin here), more fun than the other two combined!

nfpgasmask
12/10/2008, 03:24 PM
BTW, how long am I supposed to watch that badger/mushroom/snake vid???

The correct answer would be FOREVER! :)

It just loops and loops. I think it is easily the most phenominal Flash animation ever created. Its sooooo rediculous, and yet you just CAN'T STOP watching it over and over. Its gonna be stuck in your head for weeks to come my friend, so I will apologize in advance to anyone who hasn't seen it before....now, I gotta get back on there cause its infecting my brain again, I love it so much I just can't stop watching it. I think hell (or maybe heaven, its hard to tell which) will have this animation playing everwhere for eternity.

Badger! Badger! Badger!
:bwgy: Bart

kodiak
12/10/2008, 03:40 PM
lol! How did this,
turn in to this?:laughing:

nfpgasmask
12/10/2008, 03:45 PM
Easy, it's the Internet!

http://www.e4.com/wtf/animations/we-love-the-internet.html

Ldub
12/10/2008, 06:09 PM
Great googly moogly this thread sure took a wrong turn since I perused it a few days ago!

Well anyway - I didn't realize Ldub was such a badger... badgerer... badgererer... whatever - I've never felt badgered. Actually, the post that made me donate was the one about putting ads on this site.

Right after I hit the Pay button though, the thought occurred to me - I wonder if Grand_Canyon_VXer is really that trickster Moncha in disguise!?

But now this thread has me thinking maybe Grand_Canyon_VXer is the alter ego of that badgering ol' Ldub and he's just trying out a new tactic! Sneaky! Either way - it was a stroke of marketing genius - sure made me pony up.

;)

THANK YOU!:thumbup:

I am now the sneaky badger man vulture pig & whatever other stuph y'all can throw at me...abuse is my juice!:dance:

Oh, & here's a blast from the past...I'm also a DE-badgerer-er...:smilewink

Y33TREKker
12/11/2008, 08:29 AM
As L Beast so eloquently put it...

Once again what I've said has been misinterpreted to serve someone elses purposes. With "spin" being the name of the game these days though, I won't really say that I'm surprised.

Since we're talking about missing the point though...

The difference of opinion I've been talking about is with regards to the tactics some may use to encourage donations to the site, but some of you seem inclined to believe that what I've said has been meant to discourage people from donating to the site. That's simply not the case. All humbleness aside, I don't think I could have said stated that opinion any simpler than I already have, so don't blame me if you choose instead to twist my comments to help you justify your actions.

I do know some psychiatrists, psychologists, and professional philosphers, but I'm not one myself. I'm just a regular guy who happens to know how to put a few words together. I appreciate the compliment that I'm perceived as having those qualifications though...however sarcastically that comment may have been originally intended. Degree or not though, denial is an easy one.

Sure...whatever you say, all that shows me, is that you have no idea of who I am, & that's OK by me.
Since the concept of giving someone the benefit of the doubt was mentioned, you do realize that I could say the very same thing...don't you? As I declined to do earlier, I won't bore you with any details. Just so you're aware though, everyone goes through down times.

EDIT: In the meantime, I'll just keep trying to help the site by offering any technical expertise that I may have in times of need, and you just keep referring noobs to the search function. :P