PDA

View Full Version : F'n Me too!!

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
12/06/2008, 01:40 PM
I was reading about a vx break in recently, I think it was a Jharris post and I was thinking to myself..."That could never happen to me, I live in a no crime neighborhood and I park my car right next to my house". So I open my driver door on my way to work this morning and see little bits of green glass all over my seats and my classic 60 gig video ipod gone. After calling insurance I am still wondering how available passenger side windows are, and any of you who have had to replace one, what did it cost you installed? I have a $500 deductible and I'm sure that will be eaten up...oh and of course I blame George Bush for this for doing such a lousy job that the economic conditions are so bad it forced one of the wealthy, innocent teens in the neighborhood into a life of crime :)

uncle_asa
12/06/2008, 02:01 PM
It's actually very easy to install by yourself. I did it few times when repaired power windows. The only problem I see is to remove all the glass pieces.

VX crazy
12/06/2008, 03:23 PM
Was it the door window or one of the back ones? I have the rear passenger glass.....if someone knows how to get it off.....fishing line??

Scott Harness
12/06/2008, 03:31 PM
I"think" the front door glass is fairly standard,any glass company should have it. Don't quote me:confused:

Hotsauce
12/07/2008, 12:55 AM
Local glass place had the glass there with a phone call. $210 installed.

John C.

mdwyer
12/07/2008, 08:39 PM
Well, now I'm afraid to let mine out of the garage. :(

This might help -- mentally, at least. Check out Bait Car (http://baitcar.com/). Those beady-eyed, flappy-headed folks up north have been leaving cars just sitting around begging to be stolen. When they are stolen, the hidden GPS alerts the police while cameras roll. When the police get close, the remote immobilizer shuts down the car.

The videos are very cathartic. The only thing that would be better is if they tazed the criminals for good measure.

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
12/08/2008, 09:48 PM
Well, now I'm afraid to let mine out of the garage. :(

This might help -- mentally, at least. Check out Bait Car (http://baitcar.com/). Those beady-eyed, flappy-headed folks up north have been leaving cars just sitting around begging to be stolen. When they are stolen, the hidden GPS alerts the police while cameras roll. When the police get close, the remote immobilizer shuts down the car.

The videos are very cathartic. The only thing that would be better is if they tazed the criminals for good measure.

I'd like it if the car spewed Ricin or mustard gas through the air vents...

mdwyer
12/09/2008, 05:22 PM
I'd like it if the car spewed Ricin or mustard gas through the air vents...

I'm with you, there. I've given serious brainstorming to methods that wouldn't involve me mopping blood off the floorboards. Although, I'm almost to the point where I'd be okay with that.

Ldub
12/09/2008, 06:22 PM
I'm with you, there. I've given serious brainstorming to methods that wouldn't involve me mopping blood off the floorboards. Although, I'm almost to the point where I'd be okay with that.

I saw a movie once, where the "hitter" routed piano wire from around the drive shaft, up the door jamb, around the interior tucked into the headliner, then fastened to the frame on the other side.
Got pretty messy when the driveshaft started spooling up wire...but I guess anything can happen in a movie...:rolleyesg

iamironman
12/09/2008, 08:52 PM
I like "Trunk Monkey" better.... non- lethal... and funny as hell...

Fade from black to inside jail cell:

Bubba: "What you in for?"
Spaz: "Car theft, tried to steal a VehiCross"
Bubba: "Man those trucks are da bomb... wicked quick and 4x4... How'd they catch you?"
Spaz: (Rubs back of head and flinches) "Freakin Trunk Monkey!"

mdwyer
12/10/2008, 09:34 AM
I like "Trunk Monkey" better.... non- lethal... and funny as hell...

I considered that... but no trunk. One of those rhesus monkies would fit in one of the cubbie holes in the back, but I just don't think they could get a good enough swing -- especially with that tiny excuse for a tire-iron back there...

:)