PDA

View Full Version : Ur Vx Got Air??

VCAMILO
07/11/2003, 11:16 AM
Mine does...WATCH ME JUMP 40-50 FEET!!! (http://bebe.webhop.info/images/vehicross/vxjump.avi) BUYA!!;eekb; Air Borne Approved!;Db; This was about a month ago in Lake Havasu.
I even jumped it w/4 passangers w/no problems. . .

The video works great in Quick Time but my Windows XP Media Player plays it fine also. It runs out of my server so it might only allow 1-2 users in @ a time.

AlaskaVX
07/11/2003, 11:25 AM
I couldn't see your video but I just jumped mine last weekend! I wasn't trying no 40ft jump but I got like 2.5 ft high and went about 8 ft landed extremely smooth and flat, it jumps like a 4-wheeler! :D

nyc #1 ironman
07/11/2003, 11:39 AM
Bro that was sickkkkkkkk,,,, I love the VX twice as much now, thanks for the great video....

IsuZOOM
07/11/2003, 11:52 AM
very cool!

WyrreJ
07/11/2003, 06:21 PM
How fast were you going?

Triathlete
07/11/2003, 11:15 PM
Can't get it to work Victor:confused:
Got any tips? Or you'll have to come down and demo it in person!;eeky; ;Dy; ;eeky; ;Dy;

VXcaver
07/12/2003, 06:32 AM
Yeah, Victor! Why not come down here to Tucson and show us in person! ;py;

VCAMILO
07/12/2003, 08:24 AM
I was going about 65mph. I wish I would have had the guts to hit 80-90mph. It would have been NICE!! You guys... You know Im always good for an off-road adventure in Arizona. Are you guys planning anything off-road? How about the design on your hood Bob?

Heraclid
07/12/2003, 10:05 AM
Well it looks like abuse to me, but I still have to admit it was pretty darn cool to watch. Would be nice to see something like that incorporated into a big Hollywood car chase. :-) Three Doors Down has a really cool music video with Tony Stewart and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. pulling up on either side of a cute girl in a Jeep and then on the green racing Chevy Tahoes or something like that for the rest of the video - would LOVE to see someone make that video with a pair of VehiCrosses!

And actually, isn't there some rap video out there somewhere with a VehiCross (and maybe some motorcycles) in it? Maybe I'm nuts, but I thought I heard that somewhere. Would like to see it...

Triathlete
07/13/2003, 12:42 PM
Victor...put that vid on a cd and bring it down the next time we get together so I can check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

dtruax
07/13/2003, 01:29 PM
I've never jumped that far, but I have jumped pretty high.

http://www.itprisms.com/vehicross/html/george_hatfield.html

zadam123
07/13/2003, 02:10 PM
Cool

Now all we need is Rosco P Coltrain behind and we got ourselves a tv show,

YeeeeeHaaaaaaa

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

adam

Heraclid
07/13/2003, 07:19 PM
Yeah, that would be cool, and we need a good noise for them to make as they jump, like in the Dukes of Hazard. :-)

I'd actually love to see one of these painted up like the General Lee! Hmmm... maybe someone who's better at it than me could Photoshop that? Might want to forego the welded-shut doors though - could make entry/exit of the VX a real pain. :-)

Oh, and our show's Daisy can't drive no stinkin' Jeep. Hehehe.

coachreed
07/14/2003, 08:12 AM
Ok, I hate to say this, but I can't get the dang video to play. I have a couple different players and neither can play it. What player is everyone using? Anyone have the capabilities of converting to .mpeg? I will keep looking but I have gotten an error saying that the file extension is incorrect. Help!

TTYL!

coachreed
07/14/2003, 08:22 AM
I just DL'ed DIVX Player 2.1 from http://www.divx.com and it won't play. It said to check that the file is a valid AVI or MPEG-4 file. The file extension on this video IS AVI, right? Just wanted to give all the info about MY problems with playing the file... hope someone can help, I wanna see this vide REALLY badly!

TTYL!

WyrreJ
07/14/2003, 08:46 AM
Guys - it is compressed with MJPEG, aka Motion JPEG. Looks like Victor used one of the ULEAD tools to do compression. It played out of the box for me, but I have a couple of ULEAD tools already installed. I suggest you google for an MJPEG codec for windows and try it out.

coachreed
07/14/2003, 12:18 PM
I searched for codecs on Yahoo, installed a couple different things and it STILL doesn't work for me... this really sux... I wanna see a VX Fly! I'll keep trying, but if anyone finds a way to convert it to something else, that would be great too.

TTYL!

Heraclid
07/14/2003, 02:42 PM
Tried RealOne Player yet? That's what it defaults to when I go to play the clip, and it takes a minute to load, no problems.

coachreed
07/14/2003, 05:02 PM
I just went to DL RealOne Player and they wanted a $10 a month membership fee... whats up with that? Are you paying for that? Still loooking... TTYL!

Coach

WyrreJ
07/14/2003, 05:50 PM
Ok, looks like at the very least you can get a 30-day demo version of the MJPEG codec from here:

http://www.leadtools.com/Utilities/Video-Codecs/video-codec_download.htm

I haven't tried the download myself, but I was wrong about ULEAD, it is just LEAD which "lead" me to that site.

SGT.BATGUANO
07/14/2003, 09:51 PM
Works fine on my XP pro ,Media Player 8???

AnalogVX
07/14/2003, 10:09 PM
I am using media player 9 and I get corrupt file messages.

VCAMILO
07/14/2003, 10:45 PM
Wish i could help but thats the way it came out
from the sanyo digital camera i took the clip with.
Im sure by buddy can convert it to something more
humanic and simpler to play. Lets see what happens.

coachreed
07/15/2003, 01:01 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing a coverted version of this file. I have tried EVERYTHING to get it to work... nothing seems to work for me... I guess theres no hope for me... :( I'm waiting patiently though...

TTYL!

Coach!

WyrreJ
07/15/2003, 06:02 PM
Coach - how big is the file you downloaded? My working copy is exactly 1,541,734 bytes. Maybe you got a corupted transfer or something...

mrtew
07/15/2003, 07:27 PM
COOL! Do it again! Faster! Higher! Again.... again!

Works fine on my Mac. Here's a .mov version of it for people to try if the .avi version doesn't work. Is this better.....

http://homepage.mac.com/mrtew/vxjump.mov

coachreed
07/15/2003, 07:30 PM
OK, now we're getting somewhere. I checked the properties of the file I saved, and it is without a doubt NOT that big. It is only 516Bytes, with a space on disk of 4.0KBytes. If I try just clicking on the link, it gives me an error from Windows Media Player saying the extension does not match the file type. If I try right clicking and saving as, it tries saving it as an HTML Document, even though the file extension is AVI. Anyone wanna email this to me? I don't understand why I can't DL it. I have NEVER had som much trouble in my life with a computer related issue! Geesh! Please, if someone can email to rreed17@kc.rr.com I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Randy

coachreed
07/15/2003, 07:35 PM
Thank you MRTEW! That version worked just fine... I wonder though, why the other didn't work for me... I won't put too much thought into it though. Anyway, that jump looked pretty smooth... not really that abusive IMO. Looked like fun. MIght have to try that sometime. Hopefully if I do, someone gets it on video.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Randy!

AnalogVX
07/15/2003, 08:38 PM
Cool! worked for me too. Pretty cool jump, I'd like to try it in the dirt...:p

Heraclid
07/15/2003, 09:36 PM
Glad you got it to work.... no, don't pay anything for the RealPlayer... not sure if I downloaded it for free or it was included when I got the computer, but it was free.

mrtew
07/16/2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Glad you got it to work.... no, don't pay anything for the RealPlayer... not sure if I downloaded it for free or it was included when I got the computer, but it was free.

The link to download realplayer for free is very small up in the right hand corner of the real player page. It's like they want people to give up looking for it and just pay for it. So silly.

VXMAN
07/16/2003, 05:52 AM
Cool video. If you play it, frame-by-frame, you actually got airbourne twice! :D

Dave...

Navigator
07/16/2003, 06:30 AM
Excellent air time :cool:

BTW what's with all of the bunkers off to the sides of the road?