PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

Mark B
11/22/2008, 03:55 PM
Anyone going out on Black Friday, the day after Thankgsiving?
Go to bfads.net for some ideas if you are going out.

etlsport
11/22/2008, 07:21 PM
ill be working :( 4:45 am - 10pm... at sears in media, pa... but I do work commission.. so it wont be so bad..

pbkid
11/22/2008, 08:42 PM
ya ill be working 5am to 8pm...but i dont get commission :(

best buy car audio section...

and to make it even worse i cant even lock myself in my bay and act like im working on cars....because they are stealing my bay for loading tv's into cars...

Gussie2000
11/22/2008, 09:07 PM
Well,i wouldn't have any thanksgiving because i got to work in long island supervising,but my whole family will be heading to allentown,pensilvannia early morning that day to enjoy my anty's coocking skills :cool:

By the way i want to highlight the scheduled meeting next year around july guys.four vxers had confirmed they presence.This call if for all VXers in PA,NJ,NY & CT,but it's open to all who's willing to attempt the meet. :)
Even twistedsymphony is willing to drive down from new hampshire to be part of the meet

Where the meeting will be held isn't confirmed for far,but all inputs are welcome;

VCrossfan
11/23/2008, 12:42 AM
http://www.blackfriday.info/

WormGod
11/24/2008, 08:26 AM
Nope. I have an option....

If the new future EX Mrs. WormGod comes into town to stay with me this weekend (still undecided), most of the weekend will be spent sleeping in and probably lounging on the couch for the rest of the day.

If she does not, most of the weekend will be spent sleeping in and probably lounging on the couch for the rest of the day.

Wait.... was there an echo just now? :bwgy:

Regardless, I am waiting to see where the number of foreclosures and car repos AFTER the holidays rests. Economic hardships and unemployment and yet many people still believe they are immune to it. Everyone is money-smart, until there is an opportunity to spend it, heh. I just hope everyone keeps their head and is respectful of their accounts this holiday season. :)

mdwyer
11/24/2008, 08:47 AM
I'm going to be stuck behind my computer all day. I work in traffic reporting, and Thanksgiving is the biggest travel day of the year.

Consequently, unless I'm able to convince EVERYONE to stay home, I'm probably not going to be able to leave home..

tom4bren
11/24/2008, 12:14 PM
I'll be driving to Tennessee (visiting family for Sister's Birthday).

I wouldn't dream of hitting the shopping scene on BF. The local radio station actually auctions off front row parking spots for the 'event'.

VXGirlie01
11/24/2008, 04:47 PM
all i can say is...thank goodness for the internet! i do most of my shopping online these days. way too much traffic here in seattle to battle on black friday!

JoFotoz
11/24/2008, 06:29 PM
I'll be competing in the 7th annual FULL CONTACT Croquet tournament...

Seriously rough stuff!

Every foul/infringement ...ya take a shot of Rum.

I foul often......:p

jo

circmand
11/25/2008, 12:17 PM
I have been trying to piss off every one I know so I do nt have to buy them a gift. I plan on making up with them for New Years:bgwp:

kpaske
11/26/2008, 02:08 AM
I've been hearing that most deals are available online as well as in the stores. Another great source of year round deals on electronics (as well as Black Friday ads): www.techbargains.com (http://www.techbargains.com)

tom4bren
11/26/2008, 07:55 AM
I got a warning the other day.

If you are in the habit of giving store specific gift cards as gifts, check first on the 'health' of that store. MANY store chains are closing or seriously downsizing immediately following the holidays. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it, just check first so that you don't end up giving someone a worthless piece of plastic.

For instance:

Linens & Things is closing

Home Depot is downsizing & closing some stores

Circuit City is downsizing & closing MANY stores

Nextel is downsizing.

The list goes on & on.