PDA

View Full Version : Superchargers respond ASAP

AlaskaVX
07/10/2003, 04:17 PM
I just got a call from the place installing my supercharger, they said that my injector o-rings where too swollen to reinstall on the new. They said that it will take until Monday to get the o-rings in :waag: . My question's are: Was there o-rings included in the kit? Is there anything else that might need to be ordered? Is there a way to get the o-rings sooner like buying at a hardware store or something or are they specific to the VX? Did anyone else replace their o-rings?

Thanks in advance
Alan

Hotsauce
07/10/2003, 04:49 PM
No, the O rings are not included. The top and bottom are different size. I also tore a bottom ring in my installation, so I ordered replacement overnight from st charles isuzu. Since they only showed one part #, the parts guy and I figured that the cost $8 was for the whole set of 12 O rings.

Only 1 ring is covered by that part#, lucky for me it was the bottom one I needed.

Neoprene O rings won't work for long since they are damaged by gasoline, the rings need to be nitrile rubber.

John C.

AlaskaVX
07/10/2003, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the quick response, looks like I'm staying home this weekend:(

paultvx
07/10/2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Hotsauce
No, the O rings are not included. The top and bottom are different size. I also tore a bottom ring in my installation, so I ordered replacement overnight from st charles isuzu. Since they only showed one part #, the parts guy and I figured that the cost $8 was for the whole set of 12 O rings.

Only 1 ring is covered by that part#, lucky for me it was the bottom one I needed.

Neoprene O rings won't work for long since they are damaged by gasoline, the rings need to be nitrile rubber.

John C.

So where does one go to get the nitrile rings? May be I am reading it wrong, it sounds like you're saying the one fromt the dealer could be Neoprene. Did you ever find the right part numbers?