PDA

View Full Version : This guy drives...

Triathlete
11/16/2008, 11:24 AM
...the **** out of this car! (http://video.kenblockracing.com/flash/small_player/preloader.swf?vendor_id=204&media_id=9183&bgcolor=FFFFFF&autoplay=0) You Subi guys will live this! Make sure and crank the volume...the engine sounds wicked!:cool!:

Ldub
11/16/2008, 12:01 PM
You get the feelin' he might'a done that once or twice before???:_steering

Cool Vid, Thanks...:thumbup:

kodiak
11/16/2008, 12:20 PM
There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness.:cool!:

Triathlete
11/16/2008, 01:32 PM
530 RWHP!!:_drool::_drool::_drool::_drool::_drool:
In a car that weighs probably well under 2000 lbs.

pbkid
11/16/2008, 02:36 PM
wow, thats sick....i either wanna be in the passenger seat....

or at the least be on the segway :naughty::naughty::_drool::naughty::naughty:

iamironman
11/16/2008, 04:09 PM
I taught him how to do that....

:eek::eek::eek:

Thmstec
11/16/2008, 06:39 PM
Saw this the other day on jalopnik..... my jaw was on the ground for about 8 min:eek:.

Just amazing that he can do that with AWD!?!? Wonder if he has a controllable center diff? I would assume that makes some of those things a lot easier to do :Shrug:

etlsport
11/16/2008, 07:14 PM
Saw this the other day on jalopnik..... my jaw was on the ground for about 8 min:eek:.

Just amazing that he can do that with AWD!?!? Wonder if he has a controllable center diff? I would assume that makes some of those things a lot easier to do :Shrug:

yea the STIs come stock with a controllable center diff iirc

mdwyer
11/17/2008, 12:30 AM
Did you see the one on the snowboard mountain? Same guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av0VsTxJd78

There's yet another one where he takes an insane jump with the Subie, but I can't watch that one... It hurts me too much.

MSHardeman
11/17/2008, 08:01 AM
There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that dude (or seriously right).:confused::eek:

Amazing.

WormGod
11/17/2008, 08:20 AM
Ya, that has been making it's rounds on all the Subie and tuner sites for a few days now. Lots of excitement going around. Ken Block is one hell of an amazing driver. I attended an event last summer where he did some "freestyling" in his Monster machine and seriously, no video can ever portray the "awesomeness" of Ken. Seeing him do his thing in person is a hell of an adrenaline rush.

Now is the Subaru World Rally Team would just can their current drivers and fill the slots with Pastrana and Block, we might be world contenders again.

(notice, not many Subaru drivers are using the '08+ models.... wonder why, heh)

Thmstec
11/17/2008, 08:53 AM
Now is the Subaru World Rally Team would just can their current drivers and fill the slots with Pastrana and Block, we might be world contenders again.

(notice, not many Subaru drivers are using the '08+ models.... wonder why, heh)

Yea, instead of canning their drivers, Subaru let their losing driver ask for a longer wheelbase car that is impossible to drift and too cushy for a tuner :rolleyes: Honestly, who thinks Citroen is winning cause their car is the best? Not to say it is a bad car, but you know what I mean.

Would be a great time for a 3rd car to join the Evo/STi battle... like maybe a european 4wd focus?!?! (I can dream)

pbkid
11/17/2008, 11:37 AM
ummm....is it bad that these videos tempt me to trade the VX for an STI???

kodiak
11/18/2008, 05:03 AM
lol, but then you’d be just anather STI owner.:rolleyes:

WormGod
11/18/2008, 08:26 AM
Yea, instead of canning their drivers, Subaru let their losing driver ask for a longer wheelbase car that is impossible to drift and too cushy for a tuner :rolleyes: Honestly, who thinks Citroen is winning cause their car is the best? Not to say it is a bad car, but you know what I mean.

Would be a great time for a 3rd car to join the Evo/STi battle... like maybe a european 4wd focus?!?! (I can dream)

Considering Subaru stunned the world again with their drastic change to the hatchback-only STI for '08+, the learning curve apparently isn't being friendly with the SWRT. Hell, just when they were getting used to the new dynamics with their '06-'07 sedan (realistically just a '02-'07 with a facelift), they flip the lid. Think about it.... all the winning Subie drivers (Block, Pastrana, Gelsomino - SRTUSA) are still using the sedan. I would love to see these guys get some runtime with the SWRT. IIRC, Pastrana did run as a factory support driver in the '08 WRC rally for SWRT but had some major mechanical issues. I think I read that in SubieSport, but not 100% sure.

You hit the nail on the head there. The "european" Focus is a force to be reckoned with. Their twist on it as an AWD rally breed is pretty ambitious and it proves worthy on the circuit. Team Ford is pretty much always in the top 3 on any heat. Maybe if Ford released "it" (as in, a more appealing vehicle that isn't a giant, gas eating whore with no purpose whatsoever) in the states, it could help dig themselves out of the giant monetary hole they dug themselves into. It is a VERY appealing car with good performance, affordable, and a solid year-round (AWD) usability.

I only speak from a rallyX angle though. I could care less about street (1/8, 1/4, drifting), especially when it comes to the EVO. The EVO has since dropped dead in WRC and become more of a wealthy street boy toy. An overpriced one at that. Looked at an '08 EXO-X here during the summer and it was priced at $43k. No stanks. Besides, all year long, EVOs were pretty much no-shows at autoX around here. Don't get me wrong, they are incredibly great handling cars and outperform the STI hatch, but they lose it somewhere along the line. Even my lightly modded '06 WReX was clocking better ETAs in the end. Guess it comes down to the driver, heh. I simply think Mitsu and Subaru both got lost with their design ambition and forgot their roots. The newer STI and EVO just don't seem to be putting their incredible numbers down in the right places. Trading some stuff up for comfort appears to be hurting where the performance counts perhaps.

The tuner market is growing though. BMW, Mini, Audi, and even Saab are baring their teeth now, so the real competition is going to be in sales numbers in the end. And as rarely as I see new STIs and EVO around here, I think the consumer is going to determine the winner on this one.

Oh, and rest in peace (pieces) SRT-4. At least you tried, heh.

VCAMILO
11/18/2008, 08:41 AM
Cool video!

mdwyer
11/18/2008, 08:56 AM

You just need to do what I did: Get both!

(Well, actually, it isn't an STI. 2.5RS, but at least I got the last of the GC6 bodies...)

WormGod
11/18/2008, 12:49 PM
You just need to do what I did: Get both!

(Well, actually, it isn't an STI. 2.5RS, but at least I got the last of the GC6 bodies...)

Amen.

And let me know if you ever wanna sell that. ;) Rarer than you think and I have always been dying to have a GC. Looked at a '98 GC8 over the summer up in PA but it was OVERLY modded so I passed on the purchase.

pbkid
11/18/2008, 12:57 PM
dont tell anyone but that is most likely my plan after i graduate....

or a mazdaspeed3 or speed6...

possibly s2000