PDA

View Full Version : Update on "Accessories for your VX" from Kuwait

myamy22
11/11/2008, 07:30 AM
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that do to the high shipping costs from Kuwait to the U.S., I no longer want to send any parts. But, since I have the molds to make all 4 skidplate pieces (front, rear, and sides), I will sell them to whoever offers the most. Anyone interested, please email me at vcrosser@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Fadel

vt_maverick
11/11/2008, 07:59 AM
Maybe this is something we could do as a group (VX board) buy? I've seen it done on some other car forums; interested members just PayPal like $20 each to an agreed upon member, who then in turn buys the mold. On the backend, members who contributed can order the cast parts for a $20 discount; others just pay an extra $20.

Just a suggestion...

Thmstec
11/16/2008, 06:29 PM
I'm interested in supporting such a buy, I could afford the $20 investment now, just not the whole kit and caboodle

vt_maverick
11/17/2008, 10:08 AM
Talked it over with Fadel and it looks like we'd need about $1K to take them off his hands, so figure that's like 50 people at $20. Or 10 @ $100. Or 5 @ $200. I'd be willing to go for one of those scenarios, but the problem is I don't know anyone who could do the production work. I could throw in some $$$, but somebody else would have to take delivery and handle the production/delivery work.

Anybody interested?

vxrocks
11/17/2008, 02:15 PM
I love how those skid plates look, They make the vx look complete , I'm thinking if i buy these molds for $1k insted of paying $650 for just the skids. (I think its a good deal for molds.) Then i can make my money back in one just one sale. :bwgy::

tysamigo
11/17/2008, 03:52 PM
vxrocks,

yu should :)

or at least someone should. i already purchased a set from him and they are ready to ship. i could have waited but since i'm stiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting for my parts from Ron, i just couldn't resist...

go 4 it!!

vt_maverick
11/17/2008, 04:39 PM
I love how those skid plates look, They make the vx look complete , I'm thinking if i buy these molds for $1k insted of paying $650 for just the skids. (I think its a good deal for molds.) Then i can make my money back in one just one sale. :bwgy::

I'll be your first customer if you do. Would even drive the 2 1/2 hours to pick them up in person to save you the shipping. :)

Knigh7s
11/17/2008, 06:42 PM
I'm down for a group buy...

Also, I'm willing to do some/all of the production work, with the method of "no parts, no sell" rule (meaning, no pre-orders or made to order kinda deals, only ready made parts before any cash money has been taken.).

I've also got alot of Carbon Fiber and Carbon Kevlar fabrik just sitting in my garage... how about some CF Skids!?!

BeeVenom
12/01/2008, 06:49 PM
I'll help with the group buy. Sounds like a smart way to go.
Scott

Bieredalsace
12/02/2008, 05:13 AM
I'd go in for this deal Except I think we should insist on C.O.D.!!
Too many changes have occurred in this original deal that I am concerned there may be More Changes once our money is sent over there...where ever "there" is.
If the deal is solid then nobody should be insulted that we insisted on C.O.D.(cash on delivery)

Bieredalsace
12/02/2008, 05:19 AM
I already have 2 of the parts that I plan on taking to a boat builder or a custom car shop that fabricates body panels that is not far from my house in Florida.

creeg
12/02/2008, 04:50 PM
count me in for a group buy too.

Craig

rowhard
12/02/2008, 07:36 PM
Okay, I was going to announce this on Christmas Day as a Christmas present to the family, but since so many of you are hot to trot, guess I need to do it now. I have bought the molds from Myamy22. they should be shipped tomorrow, the 3rd of December. Here is the letter I was going to post to you. Please don't email/PM me for orders at this time, thanks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone. Here is my present to the group, well, I hope you consider it a present.

I have purchased the molds for the skid plates from our friend in Kuwait. Now this ain’t my real job, so the time I have to produce these will be limited. Also, these items will be made of fiberglass, not plastic.

I will also be considering adding a FAUX Carbon Fiber hood insert. There is a possibility that I can also make the skid plates FAUX Carbon Fiber if wanted. The ’Faux carbon fiber’ is in fact a black fiberglass twill that looks just like carbon fiber, but at a quarter of the price and much easier to work with . These will have a clear gel coat finish then a Urethane clear coating for maximum UV protection. Other wise, they will be shipped in a primed finish so you can then paint or have them painted. I can also paint them any color for an additional charge if you prefer. Price’s to be determined at a later date once I have sorted out the process although it will be close to what has currently been charged. Possibility is that the price might be reduced at a later date once I am up and fully running with this.

I will be accepting pre-requests for these items, and your request will be placed in a timed sequence list as to when I received your email. When I am ready to make your set, whether it is a front, rear, side, hood insert, or all, you will be contacted for payment and other info. I WILL NOT be taking any payments until I am ready to make YOUR set. If you are not ready to place the order at that time, I will move to the next person in line, and you will be placed at the bottom of the list. So if you have the money in your fist right now, put it in an account and draw some interest while you’re waiting, and if you need to save, well, same rule applies. I will contacting Moncha to see about placing a link on our site for you to contact me. Please don’t email or PM me now, I will have a separate email address for all things related to this.

Thmstec
12/02/2008, 09:48 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:jump:

Lets here it for rowhard!! :_beer:

Again makes me so proud to be a part of this wonderful family. Sometimes, honestly, I feel pretty inadequate with my measly (yea, I'm inviting the first person who reads this :rolleyes:) donations to the server fund.

don moore
12/02/2008, 09:55 PM
wow..all I can say is WOW...looks like I might get a skid plat in the future...
GOOD JOB

kodiak
12/02/2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks man!! :thumbup:

So-CalVX
12/03/2008, 11:18 AM
wow..all I can say is WOW...looks like I might get a skid plat in the future...
GOOD JOB

haha... me too..... FUTURE

thanx to rowhard
U DA MAN!!!

rowhard
12/03/2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks, but thought there would be a few more responses.

rowhard
12/04/2008, 04:42 AM
I know some have wanted the 'fangs' for their VX. In my purchase of the molds from myamy22 in Kuwait is the mold to produce these fangs.

workmeistr
12/04/2008, 07:00 AM
rowhard, you're my hero.:p

I'm down for an initial front plate if final price will be comperable to what the Kuwaiti prices were. I'm thinking about having it painted body color, but I guess I can wait for that decision closer to production.

Thanks, again, Bren.

Bieredalsace
12/04/2008, 07:10 AM
That's amazing!!! Great work!
I'm sure you'll give us a "Holla" when these molds arrive!
I'd like to sign up, when you're ready, for these parts and the fangs. !!!!

kodiak
12/04/2008, 09:07 AM
Again thanks man. You might want to think about selling them as you make them. Taking advanced orders up front can be hard to manage and a little overwhelming.

rowhard
12/04/2008, 01:59 PM
Kodiak, thanks for the suggestion, will work on that.

Workmeistr, Yes, price's will be very close. It was the shipping that put the stop to Myamy22 selling these to us. Here is an example. The cost to ship the molds (made of fiberglass) and a complete set of plates is over $510.00.

vt_maverick
12/08/2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks, but thought there would be a few more responses.

Typing this in your original post might have hurt your responses:

Please don’t email or PM me now, I will have a separate email address for all things related to this.

I think a lot of people (myself included) are just waiting on the green light for ordering. (I'm definitely down for a full set.)

rowhard
12/08/2008, 04:14 PM
Your right VT, was waiting for a response from Moncha. I will be taking care of that very soon. The molds hit New York today, so hopefully I will have them by years end. They were shipped along with Tysamigo skid plates to reduce it to one package. They will go to him first then he will forward to me.

creeg
12/08/2008, 04:23 PM
this is really @#%^&* exciting!!!!!

:)

tysamigo
12/09/2008, 04:56 PM
this is really @#%^&* exciting!!!!!

:)

Yeah I know :)

I have a full set of Proton yellow in the package with Rowhard's. I understand I'll have to cut out the rear for Tone's Hitch and possibly drill the mounting holes, but that's ok by me :)

Brian Drinks
12/14/2008, 05:18 PM
I also would help with a group buy,it sound like the way to go.

JAMAS
02/24/2009, 12:42 PM
Any new updates on this?

etlsport
02/24/2009, 02:08 PM
those molds were purchased by rowhard, who is working really hard to get them perfect so he can begin making skid plates

kodiak
02/24/2009, 02:39 PM
Yeah if rowhard starts selling to people by site seniority you might have a long wait on your hands.;)

rowhard
02/24/2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah if rowhard starts selling to people by site seniority you might have a long wait on your hands.;)

Oh no, it will be first come first get with cash. I should be ready to produce the rear ones this weekend for those that have one of Ron's front plates and want a rear. Am laying up the second mold right now, well, tonight anyway. Have been wanting to send my sales letter to Moncha to post, but have been holding off.

JAMAS
03/03/2009, 11:45 AM
I know you are working on the other molds, but what is the ETA on the Fang covers?

No rush, just checking.

Thanks!