PDA

View Full Version : Need a front bumpber

schernov
11/07/2008, 06:54 PM
Hi everybody.
I am new, hoping to pick up a Vehicross tomorrow (!). It will add some more weirdness to my garage which currently consists of my 02 BMW Z3 Coupe as my daily driver and my wife's 04 Mini Cooper S.
The VX that I am looking at is an 2001, one owner with 115k some miles, seems to be in a good shape, but the front bumper is a bit chewed up....the black plastic part.

Is there a place where I can get a new one other than a dealer? Looks like it is a quick replacement process.
Also, anything specifi I should pay attention to durinng pre purchase inspection?

Yes, I know how to use search :), but if there is a quick link somebody can provide, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Anita
11/07/2008, 11:33 PM
Your best bet is to call Merlin at St Charles Isuzu 1-800-727-8066. He is a dealer but he gives us a discount with free shipping. Mention that you were sent from the Vehicross.info site. Many of us buy our parts from him.

Check those windows, Cd player (if it is stock), check to see if the Abs light in on or any other warning light for that matter is illuminated, take her out and listen for unusual sounds at high speeds and low (also during coasting), ask how often the owner serviced (or cleaned) the egr and pcv (they can cause excessive oil consumption). Ask if the timing belt has been replaced (should have been done by 115K).

Others can chime in with other ideas.

VCrossfan
11/08/2008, 04:57 AM
Hi everybody.
I am new, hoping to pick up a Vehicross tomorrow (!). It will add some more weirdness to my garage which currently consists of my 02 BMW Z3 Coupe as my daily driver and my wife's 04 Mini Cooper S.
The VX that I am looking at is an 2001, one owner with 115k some miles, seems to be in a good shape, but the front bumper is a bit chewed up....the black plastic part.

Is there a place where I can get a new one other than a dealer? Looks like it is a quick replacement process.
Also, anything specifi I should pay attention to durinng pre purchase inspection?

Yes, I know how to use search :), but if there is a quick link somebody can provide, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Welcome, Did you pickup the Ebony at Rosen Nissan Gurnee??