PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Beardie!

VXIRONwoMAN
11/01/2008, 04:02 PM
Well, it has been a rough week.

After over 8 years of companionship, he called it quits. Tuesday, I noticed my Bearded Dragon very lethargic and inactive. I thought it might be going into a lizard hibernation, because sometimes they do that. Well, not my Godzilla! He turned pale white last night and his beard went black. I rushed him to the vet this afternoon, but he didn't even make the drive there. I wish I brought him there sooner. His diagnosis was inconclusive. He is in a better place now.

R.I.P Godzilla

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Orion.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8835)

taylorRichie
11/01/2008, 04:05 PM
Bummer :(

Never fun loosing a companion of any variety. Especially after 8 years.

kodiak
11/01/2008, 04:12 PM
Sorry to hear about that.:( He’s probably smashing buildings right now in that big Monster Island in the sky.:o

VXGirlie01
11/01/2008, 04:22 PM
awww....poor little guy. i'm sorry for the loss of your buddy. :sadp:

pbkid
11/01/2008, 05:11 PM
aw, cece, thats too bad....:(

VX crazy
11/01/2008, 07:36 PM
Cece, I am so sorry, nothing I can say will ease the pain.....except time....

don moore
11/02/2008, 12:49 AM
many happy trails for you friend......

tomdietrying
11/02/2008, 04:26 AM
Sorry CeCe.
Peace
Tom

Scott Harness
11/02/2008, 05:28 AM
Sorry for your loss CeCe:(

Ldub
11/02/2008, 08:00 AM
That's sad to hear Little Sister...I'm sorry for your loss.:sighwgray

On the bright side, you still have Gill!:thumbup:

Mark B
11/02/2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry for your loss.
I had to put my 2 dogs to sleep a few years ago and I still miss them.

nfpgasmask
11/02/2008, 06:32 PM
Awww Cece, that sucks. Sorry for your loss. Is that a normal lifespan for Bearded Dragons? I know more about turtles than lizards.

I just adopted 3 negleced turtles this past week. Hopefully I can give them a better life...

Bart

VXIRONwoMAN
11/02/2008, 07:08 PM
Awww Cece, that sucks. Sorry for your loss. Is that a normal lifespan for Bearded Dragons? I know more about turtles than lizards.

I just adopted 3 negleced turtles this past week. Hopefully I can give them a better life...

Bart

Beardies usually live over 10 years, I think he couldn't adjust to Chicago. But who knows. I buried him today. It's hard looking into his empty terrarium.

Yay for saving turtles! You gotta post a pic or two. I am all about rescuing animals. I can't tell you how many I have housed.

Thanks for your support everyone. You are all so awesome.

IndianaVX
11/03/2008, 07:42 AM
Cece,
Sorry about your little buddy. Beardies are great. I know Godzilla loved you as much as you loved him!

If after your grieving you are looking to adopt let me know.
I have a 4 yr old dragon. I am gone so much more lately, that i cant spend as much time as i used to with him, (or her...(never tested)
Alfonzo is his name. he acts tough sometimes, but is very gentle, loves apples, swims in the bathtub, and long walks along the couch. you two would get along marvoulsly. im 30 min south of indianapolis (go colts!)fyi.

WormGod
11/03/2008, 07:51 AM
My 2 green iguanas took the high road to the lizard kingdom some years back.

Tetsuo from salmonella, which we treated him for a few weeks and appeared to be better, but turned south quickly.

Diplodocus from god knows what. He was quite healthy. I let him out in the backyard one day and he crawled up on a tree branch overhanging my pool (which he always did) and came back to check on him about 20mins later and he was dead as a door nail. Looked like he just laid on the branch, closed his eyes, and passed on. Strangest thing. Vet exam showed nothing.

Both lived to be about 5-6years and from tail to nose were roughly 4ft long. I told myself after them that I would never get a better reptile so I called it quits and went back to dogs, heh.

Sorry for you loss CeCe.

nfpgasmask
11/03/2008, 08:28 AM
Beardies usually live over 10 years, I think he couldn't adjust to Chicago.

Yeah, that could definitely be it. A lot of herps have real trouble adjusting to colder climates, especially animals like that. I had an Iguana that had trouble in Chicago as well.

Yay for saving turtles! You gotta post a pic or two. I am all about rescuing animals.

I only took photos of one of them, but here you go:

http://www.nofuture.com/lj/10-30-08/01.jpg

It just sucks cause I would love to have a turtle sanctuary (there are sooooo many neglected turtles out there) but alas, I can only handle so many...

Bart

VXIRONwoMAN
11/03/2008, 03:38 PM
It just sucks cause I would love to have a turtle sanctuary (there are sooooo many neglected turtles out there) but alas, I can only handle so many...

You live on the west coast. You can convert your backyard! ;) Have a big pond and lily pads... Turtle heaven on earth.

Update: I may be adopting 2 Bearded dragons in need of a home. He's in Buffalo Grove not too far from us. And a 120 gal. tank! Woo hoo! I gotta talk to Gill first. I don't think he'll mind though.

nfpgasmask
11/03/2008, 03:46 PM
You live on the west coast. You can convert your backyard! ;) Have a big pond and lily pads... Turtle heaven on earth.

Actually, the climate here in Reno is probably more like Moab than it is like the "west coast". And my yard is not even close to being big enough to put a pond. That said, my sister who lives about 60 miles southwest of Chicago has a huge yard with a pond already, so I may send one of the turtles to her in the spring so she can set it free in her pond where it belongs.

Update: I may be adopting 2 Bearded dragons in need of a home. He's in Buffalo Grove not too far from us. And a 120 gal. tank! Woo hoo! I gotta talk to Gill first. I don't think he'll mind though.

LOL, just bring them home, and then he will have no choice. :bgwg:
Do you think I asked Linda before I brough home the turtles? :cool:

Bart