PDA

View Full Version : Jurrassic Park?

nfpgasmask
10/28/2008, 10:45 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but do any of the Jurrassic Park movies have a VX in there?

I was at a gas station last weekend and some dude comes up to me and was like, "You must like Jurassic Park!"

I was like, "Huh?"

And then he said, "You know, Jurrassic Park, where they had all these trucks like yours, I haven't seen one of those since I watched the movie."

And then I said, "ummm, ok" and got in and drove off. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure those were Land Rovers or something in Jurrassic Park...I've only seen the movie once, so I can't really remember, but I definitely do not think there were any VXes in the first movie. What about the sequels?

Bart

So-CalVX
10/28/2008, 10:50 AM
nope... those are mercedes all throughout... I got almost the same remark once and had to correct them... I hate Mercedes and wont be having them mistake my baby for an ML or whatever was in the movies :p

nfpgasmask
10/28/2008, 10:56 AM
nope... those are mercedes all throughout... I got almost the same remark once and had to correct them... I hate Mercedes and wont be having them mistake my baby for an ML or whatever was in the movies :p

OK good. Cause I gave the dude a few "what the hell are you talking about" looks while he was telling me this and then afterwards I felt kinda bad because maybe there is a VX in one of the movies, so now I don't feel bad. He must of been drunk or something. :)

The weird thing is, I didn't even have my roof rack and light bar on so right now my VX bears about as much a resemblance to the Jurrassic Park truck as it does to the A-Team van. I really don't know where he got this idea from. People are weird and their brains make them do weird things. Lay off the crystal meth, bro. :p

Bart

vt_maverick
10/28/2008, 12:00 PM
I think the Mercedes were in one of the later ones; there were definitely first-gen Explorers in the original.

Luninox
10/28/2008, 12:03 PM
To avoid any confusion.... I saw the dam thing in person.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_lK285PFCJl0/RnU7AIHFoOI/AAAAAAAAAyU/SXghkSYXwoE/Mercedes+090.jpg

Luninox
10/28/2008, 12:08 PM
But if you're looking for a VX on the [ BIG SCREEN ]

Mission to Mars (2000)
in the beginning of the barbecue scene is a VX convertible! Haha they added jet sounds to make in more futuristic (tisss like it needs that!?)

http://imcdb.org/images/003/430.jpg

So-CalVX
10/28/2008, 01:00 PM
All I saw in the Parks were Wranglers, Explorers and the dam Benzo's that i hate so much....
I liked the wranglers and explorers though :)

I hate those Benzo's and the lil Lexus RX's as equals...

LittleBeast
10/28/2008, 01:19 PM
All I saw in the Parks were Wranglers, Explorers and the dam Benzo's that i hate so much....
I liked the wranglers and explorers though :)

I hate those Benzo's and the lil Lexus RX's as equals...

Woooow, easy on the hates there, one of our most valued trusted members went from his VX to a Benz SUV and I must say that the Benz can blow the doors off the VX in a straight line.

So-CalVX
10/28/2008, 01:28 PM
i know the stats... i think i threw in my :) i jus don't like the lil suvs i spoke of... i know that chopper has an ml and tone hase a nice benz, i'm jus not a mercedes fan at all
no hate towards people... jus cars :o

nfpgasmask
10/29/2008, 11:00 AM
i know the stats... i think i threw in my :) i jus don't like the lil suvs i spoke of... i know that chopper has an ml and tone hase a nice benz, i'm jus not a mercedes fan at all

I'd have to agree. Aside from the Unimog, I don't think there is a Mercedes out there that doesn't induce my gag reflex. To me, I don't care if its the fastest, best off roading, 100 MPG vehicle in the world. If it's ugly, it's ugly. Period.

:p Bart

Chopper
10/29/2008, 11:04 AM

No Mercs here...never had one. Nice enough cars, but not my style at all. I am tempted by a few of the current AMG cars, and the SL Black series will be truly awesome, but I see neither in my immediate future.

So-CalVX
10/29/2008, 11:48 AM
No Mercs here...never had one. Nice enough cars, but not my style at all. I am tempted by a few of the current AMG cars, and the SL Black series will be truly awesome, but I see neither in my immediate future.

:eek: my bad... i have peeps switched... somebody has a collection where the VX color and # goes that says it... i think they also have a bronco (?) of course i could be completely wrong.... it has happened before :bgwo:

etlsport
10/29/2008, 08:14 PM
:eek: my bad... i have peeps switched... somebody has a collection where the VX color and # goes that says it... i think they also have a bronco (?) of course i could be completely wrong.... it has happened before :bgwo:

thats jofotoz

VXGirlie01
10/29/2008, 08:19 PM
i do have my all time favorite suv's, exotics, etc., and there are some that just "aren't me". but i have respect for everyone out there that is a true car enthusiast. :dance:

as for the jurrassic park thing, maybe they were just trying to make conversation about the VX and didn't quite go about it right. it does kind of look reptilian like with the small headlights and "fangs". but then again, i've even had my boxster referred to as a "go-kart". hehe! :angel:

nfpgasmask
10/29/2008, 08:51 PM
i do have my all time favorite suv's, exotics, etc., and there are some that just "aren't me". but i have respect for everyone out there that is a true car enthusiast. :dance:

as for the jurrassic park thing, maybe they were just trying to make conversation about the VX and didn't quite go about it right. it does kind of look reptilian like with the small headlights and "fangs". but then again, i've even had my boxster referred to as a "go-kart". hehe! :angel:

Yeah, it was just weird. At first I didn't even know what the heck he was talking about...

:) Bart

Chopper
10/30/2008, 06:59 AM

Being called a go-cart is high compliment. (of course, I DO get up at two-thirty AM to watch Formula1, and I DID buy one of those Vehicross things,so my judgement is questionable) I've never found anything more pure fun than a shifter cart

VXGirlie01
10/30/2008, 07:08 AM
^^i agree! :thumbup: and i have to say....i am actually pretty okay at go-karts! fun stuff! :clap:

kodiak
10/30/2008, 08:01 AM
That would have been a cool VX moment.:p

http://www.replikultes.net/medias/uploads/films/jurassic_park/jurassic_park_rex1.jpg

nfpgasmask
10/30/2008, 08:22 AM
That would have been a cool VX moment.:p

For sure. It would have made the movie that much better. VXes just look soooo cool on the silver screen.

Bart

kodiak
10/30/2008, 08:32 AM
That was back when CG was cool, now it’s just a lazy way to save money.

nfpgasmask
10/30/2008, 08:44 AM
That was back when CG was cool, now it’s just a lazy way to save money.

Yeah, CG should be used only when conventional effects absolutely cannot accomplish the same thing. Take the movie Species for instance, or Alien 3. Both of those films would have been sooooo much better had they stayed away from CG as much as possible. IMO, CG has got to be TOP NOTCH (as in LOTR or Transformers) to be successful. Otherwise, its just crap.

Bart

kodiak
10/30/2008, 09:04 AM
I now that CG was really going down hill when a first saw to movie The Mummy Returns. Up to that point most of the CG out there was fairly decent, there where some bad apples but not many. Then this peace of crap came out and you could tell the CG was all about saving money. It was a taste of things to come.;puke2;

nfpgasmask
10/30/2008, 09:22 AM
I now that CG was really going down hill when a first saw to movie The Mummy Returns. Up to that point most of the CG out there was fairly decent, there where some bad apples but not many. Then this peace of crap came out and you could tell the CG was all about saving money. It was a taste of things to come.;puke2;

Yeah, I never watched any of the Mummy movies. I am not a fan of Brendan Fraiser or the films. For me, it was Alien 3 and Species. Both of those movies use such god awful digital effects, that it really made me hate CG. It wasn't until I saw The Matrix that I started thinking differently. And then with LOTR, I realized that when done right, CG works and looks awesome. Gollum looked fantastic. Its funny though, watch The Matrix today and the effects look a little dated.

Bart

kodiak
10/30/2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I never watched any of the Mummy movies. I am not a fan of Brendan Fraiser or the films. For me, it was Alien 3 and Species. Both of those movies use such god awful digital effects, that it really made me hate CG. It wasn't until I saw The Matrix that I started thinking differently. And then with LOTR, I realized that when done right, CG works and looks awesome. Gollum looked fantastic. Its funny though, watch The Matrix today and the effects look a little dated.

Bart

They used CG in LOTR?:homer: That’s the trick, if you notice there using CG then they’re doing it wrong.

nfpgasmask
10/30/2008, 10:02 AM
They used CG in LOTR?:homer: That’s the trick, if you notice there using CG then they’re doing it wrong.

Yeah, there's only that one weird scene in the Two Towers that still bothers me when I think about it...you know, the scene where Legolas swings up onto the horse. That was just all wrong....

Bart

WormGod
10/30/2008, 02:31 PM

You mean.... it's not real? :confused:

And all this time, I thought there really were walking, talking trees. How could I allow myself to be fished in?!

:p

kodiak
10/30/2008, 05:10 PM
Hay! Stop messing with my delusions…. If you ever get an extra 1hr and 40 minutes, I’m not kidding.:rolleyes: Watch this YouTube video on the history of CG. It will change your life, or bore the living crap out of you.:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjSExqtiIyg

Joe Isuzu
10/30/2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah, there's only that one weird scene in the Two Towers that still bothers me when I think about it...you know, the scene where Legolas swings up onto the horse. That was just all wrong....

Bart

Ha, that's too funny, I remember the exact scene you're talking about. It was clearly bad and so disjointed. I was like dang, you guys were doing so well and then this....

kodiak
10/30/2008, 07:36 PM
I’m surprised they didn’t fix it in the DVD release.:rolleyes:

I made this for you Bart.:p

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/LOTR_WTF.jpg

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/30/2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah, CG should be used only when conventional effects absolutely cannot accomplish the same thing. Take the movie Species for instance, or Alien 3. Both of those films would have been sooooo much better had they stayed away from CG as much as possible. IMO, CG has got to be TOP NOTCH (as in LOTR or Transformers) to be successful. Otherwise, its just crap.

Bart

AMEN, I've been preach'in this for along time. Just look at all the crapola playing on Sci-Fi Channel.

Bieredalsace
10/31/2008, 07:59 AM
Yeah..the Sci-Fi channel movies are so poor. The clips they show you to advertise the movie and tempt you into watching are really great looking.... but then again they are split second shots. Once the movie comes on you have to change channels within 15 minutes..or take a nap!

nfpgasmask
10/31/2008, 10:41 AM
I’m surprised they didn’t fix it in the DVD release.:rolleyes:

I made this for you Bart.:p

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/LOTR_WTF.jpg

Yeah, that is just sooo wacked. I don't know how this slipped in...

Bart