PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Torque Specs

nfpgasmask
10/20/2008, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know the torque specs for our wheels? I mean, typically with wheels, tight is just fine, but I was wondering, is there an acutual spec for the lug nuts?

Bart

etlsport
10/20/2008, 03:51 PM
87ft lbs iirc

nfpgasmask
10/20/2008, 03:55 PM
87ft lbs iirc

YOU DA MAN!

Thanks! For the life of me, I can't find torque specs in the manual anywhere. I still can't find the torque specs for the diff and transfer case and trans bolts. We should have a torque specs tech sheet that is nothing but torque specs.

Bart

etlsport
10/20/2008, 04:00 PM
yep.. thats the one.. i found it in the manual (just by doing a search for "87")

rowhard
10/20/2008, 05:32 PM
And remember to do a re-torque if you do a rotation or have removed the wheel for any reason after the first 100 miles

tom4bren
10/21/2008, 08:28 AM
Bart,

If I'm not mistaken, the lug torque is a rim thing, not a vehicle thing. Since you run aftermarket rims, you should check with the mfr to see what they recommend.

On the other hand, I've always torqued all of my lugs at 100 ft-lbs & have never had a problem regardless of rim or vehicle.

nfpgasmask
10/21/2008, 08:48 AM
Bart,

If I'm not mistaken, the lug torque is a rim thing, not a vehicle thing. Since you run aftermarket rims, you should check with the mfr to see what they recommend.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well...the only reason I ask is because I was gonna rotate my tires myself this weekend, but I might as well just bring it in to Big-O since its free....

Bart

PK
10/21/2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that as well...the only reason I ask is because I was gonna rotate my tires myself this weekend, but I might as well just bring it in to Big-O since its free....

Bart

And I am sure they will set their rattle gun to what ever torque you want.
:bwgy::bgwp::bgwo:

Sorry - couldn't help myself.

PK

tom4bren
10/22/2008, 06:50 AM
"And I am sure they will set their rattle gun to what ever torque you want."

Sadly true. I've never seen a wheel/tire shop adjust the airgun. They just torque to the max setting.

Actually tho, I do remember one shop that had some trick adapters that went between the airgun & the lug that set the torque by flexing (different colors for different torque settings).

etlsport
10/22/2008, 03:53 PM
yea.. i went to rotate my tires a few months ago.. broke a 1/2 drive breaker bar clean off trying to get the lugs off.. still didnt budge... even my torque wrench wouldnt do it (granted it was at the end of a 75' run of air hose... finally just took it back over to them and made them take them off