PDA

View Full Version : Sunroofs ?

Bieredalsace
10/19/2008, 08:20 PM
I've seen lots of pix of VXs wih sunroofs. But I can't find anyone around here willing to do it.
Cols someone suggest brands of sunroofs that will fit?
Thanks in advance

Ldub
10/19/2008, 08:35 PM
A quick forums search...http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=7376&highlight=sunroof

:smilewink

VX crazy
10/20/2008, 06:45 AM
I have a webasto hollandia.....check out their website

VCAMILO
10/20/2008, 08:47 AM
Same thing here... webasto hollandia... Slides inside of the VX. I think I payed $1,200 with 100k mile warranty since the dealer purchased the install.

don moore
10/20/2008, 09:33 AM
this one is easy to install.........
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/10/fake-sunroof-for-car.html

kpaske
10/20/2008, 10:09 AM
this one is easy to install.........
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/09/10/fake-sunroof-for-car.htmlAND, it'll never leak! LOL

rowhard
10/20/2008, 01:50 PM
AND, it'll never leak! LOL

And wouldn't the bonehead that tries to break in via the sunroof be surprised :bgwg:

kpaske
10/20/2008, 04:50 PM
And wouldn't the bonehead that tries to break in via the sunroof be surprised :bgwg:He'd probably be so mad he'll steal the "sunroof". :eek:

Gussie2000
11/08/2008, 02:27 AM
Oh yeah,he'll be very pissed :p

Riff Raff
11/09/2008, 05:02 AM
Hmmm, I see you're from Albany, NY-- there's no sun in New York because of the smog, so why do you need a sunroof???

On a serious note; just check your local yellow pages and find a respectable auto shop that specializes in such installations and have them install it. That's your best bet.

Gussie2000
11/09/2008, 04:49 PM
Hmmm, I see you're from Albany, NY-- there's no sun in New York because of the smog, so why do you need a sunroof???

On a serious note; just check your local yellow pages and find a respectable auto shop that specializes in such installations and have them install it. That's your best bet.

You forgot about summer,holy s.... my heinekeen beers becomes hot soup :mad:

VX1032
11/09/2008, 05:49 PM
you might ask a local dealer who they outsource their aftermarket installs to.

Bieredalsace
12/11/2008, 07:50 PM
Good idea!
The local shops I went to either won't do it or wanted to install pop-up units from 1970

Ldub
12/11/2008, 08:06 PM
Good idea!
The local shops I went to either won't do it or wanted to install pop-up units from 1970

There's a 200? Trooper (pearl white) with a factory sunroof, retractible headliner, etc. in one of my local salvage yards.

Makes me drool, then cringe, when I think about how much work it would be, just to see the bottom of my luggage rack...:smilewink

romdos
06/13/2009, 10:30 AM
I just jioned the forum, and I recently read on Wikipedia that only one pearl white VX was ever made. I know you posted that message over a year ago, but if the thing is still there in the junkyard it might be worth getting and staring at your rack. :)

SomeBeach
06/14/2009, 07:22 AM
I have a sunroof on my wife's navigator. It's really nice, especially at night. I wish the VX had one. It would probably take away some of the air coming in the window.

KeithVXlvr
06/22/2009, 02:58 PM
A sunroof is a major modification. Not that it is hard to get done.. most pay about $1,200 and it is actually pretty straight forward.

But cutting the roof...., wow.... If I had a choice between two classics ( say picking between two Mustangs or something) and one had an after-market sunroof and one was stock... guess which one I am buying.

That's just me. The VX's I have seen with a sun roof sure are neat but, I'd never cut my baby..... :p

Riff Raff
06/22/2009, 05:11 PM
KeithVXlvr--- First, I totally agree with your analogy of classic Mustang's with/without a sunroof. However, classic Mustang's never had finicky OEM window problems from the factory like the VX. Second; it is customary to modify the VX to various degrees, as opposed to a classic Mustang. Third, if I saw two(2) identical VX's for sale parked side-by-side (same aprroximate mileage, same color, etc), and the only difference was one VX had a professionally installed electric moonroof-- I'd buy the VX with the moonroof, without hesitation.

I have an electric moonroof in my VX (installed by P.O.), and I use it every time I drive the VX "in lieu" of rolling down my side windows, as the side windows can't be trusted without fear of getting stuck in the down position or coming out-of-track. Having experienced the electric moonroof in the VX, I can't ever imagine ever owning a VX without one in it-- yes, it is that sweet.

My electric moonroof was professionally installed and looks/operates OEM factory and is totally leakproof in torenchial Washington State downpours.

In the case of the VX, I would honestly say that a professionally installed electric moonroof will actually "increase" the value of the VX. Especially due to the VX's inherent side window issues and the fact that it is accepted protocal to modify the VX to varying degrees of modification (lifted, super-charged, K.E. skid-plates, etc).

On the other hand, a cheapo "pop-top" sunroof in a VX gives free gratis for the VX owner to get his @ss-kicked, because he took the cheesy way out. Either get the professionally installed electric moonroof, or don't frickin' do the modification. Go big, or go home.

The biggest hurdle is shelling out the $1,200 (+/-) for the professional electric moonroof installation. However; once you experience having it in your VX, you'll wonder how the hell you ever lived without it.

Gussie2000
06/22/2009, 05:34 PM
Oh man you hurt my feelings ! :(

I bought a "cheap" pop up sunroof for my VX & now you suggest me to go home. :_crying: but i haven't make my mind to do it so far.

However i go to agree with you,the electric sunroof is the way to go but a 1999 VX with pop up shouldn't look that bad though.

I think if you go for a pop up just get a high quality one,i rather the manual sunroof instead of the pop up but there's no more avalaible for sale....to my knowledge.:confused:

If you have the $$$$$$ go for the electric sunroof.. what else can i say :confused:

AK Falco
06/22/2009, 09:12 PM
Makes me drool, then cringe, when I think about how much work it would be, just to see the bottom of my luggage rack...:smilewink

Man Ldub............... Personally I like looking up at a nice rack!:p

BeeVenom
06/23/2009, 02:23 PM
I have the Webasto sunroof on my '01 Proton and it works flawlessly. It even closes automatically when the ignition is turned off. The company is here where I live in Fenton, MI. It's a super quality product!
Scott

circmand
06/24/2009, 07:49 AM
I have a sunroof on my wife's navigator. It's really nice, especially at night. I wish the VX had one. It would probably take away some of the air coming in the window.

Another cure for this is rolling up the window