PDA

View Full Version : google chrome..

etlsport
10/15/2008, 05:42 AM
just curious who out there is using google chrome to surf the interweb.. i just formatted my laptop and put it on here.. seems to be really slow.. especially on this site and with video/ sites with lots of graphics.. like slower than before my computer was formatted.. anyone else using it and having similar problems?

kodiak
10/15/2008, 06:11 AM
Check and see if your video drivers are up to date.

fuzzy
10/15/2008, 06:23 AM
Using it regularly on my 4-year old Dell laptop with the only problem being that videos often don't work. Still, not bad for a beta.

No problems with the Vehicross.info site.

ISCE
10/15/2008, 01:31 PM
I've been using it fairly regularly for most browsing since it came out. I manage several vendors and do web dev for work, so I really had to try it out quickly. Overall I think it's faster than IE or Firefox on most sites. Some sites though it has problems but getting better, ie just trying to post this reply Chrome crashed and had to restart (don't know why). The site I've had the most problems with is Facebook.

Luckily my work sites that get thousands of users every day all work great with it, except some of the admin tools (that site is Ruby on Rails and it seems to be a problem with AJAX but not sure yet).

Only other personal issue is no middle mouse click and scroll lock. I use this all the time so is missed greatly. Overall though I agree with fuzzy, pretty good initial release.