PDA

View Full Version : Quick question - where to mount stuff underdash?

IsuZOOM
07/03/2003, 12:11 PM
I'm ready to install my new camera / monitor setup, but I can't decide where to mount the relays - there seems to be an open space to the right of the steering wheel.

Any recommended locations?

Moncha
07/03/2003, 08:55 PM
I mounted mine under the left foot well cover.. Just left of the brake pedal. Any where that you can get a solid mount should be good.. Beware though, they do make clicking noises.

paultvx
07/08/2003, 04:21 AM
There are a ton of spaces for mounting relays. Pop the lower dash pieces off and you'll see a few. Pop the side foot well trim pieces and you'll find some more. On the passenger side there's even a prexisting hole that you can mount the relay to and ground it at the same mounting point.

IsuZOOM
07/14/2003, 10:40 PM
Thanks - I mounted the relays near the factory relays by the driver's left footrest, behind the black plastic trim piece.

The problem I'm having is finding a ground for wires in that area. Anything painted yellow is insulated, right? I don't see much bare metal back there.

paultvx
07/14/2003, 11:29 PM
If you don't see any... make your own. There should be plenty there. Last time I looked while wiring up lights there were plenty. Use a test light or multimeter to find suitable grounds.

Moncha
07/15/2003, 03:11 PM
THere is a very nice share point there in the same area that you mounted the relay. Just use a nice big ring or fork terminal and put it there.