PDA

View Full Version : Long term storage redux

fuzzy
10/12/2008, 12:30 PM
Looks like I can't post to an archived thread, so you can take it that I have read the "Long Term Storage" thread from LiquidVX. I'm wondering how that storage went and anything particular about the VX that I should be prepping for.

FYI: I'm going away to Qatar for a year starting in April and so I have about 6 months to get the VX ready for a minimal driving profile. With only a year away, I'm hoping that removal and/or replacement of my 2-year old tires is not needed. I have a cover to keep dust and bugs off it and the house will still be occupied so I'll let the wife handle any mice problem. Sta-Biling the fuel and oil seems prudent and I'll do my standard Mobil 1 Synthetic oil change before I leave. The battery is a 2 year old yellow-top Optima. I will make sure to lube up the door & window seals. Anything else I'm obviously forgetting?

Thanks all,

rowhard
10/12/2008, 04:15 PM
Well, I'm sure many more pro's will add to this, but I remember some of the things I have read is disconnect the battery, both post and put it on jack stands.

PK
10/12/2008, 06:06 PM
Well, I'm sure many more pro's will add to this, but I remember some of the things I have read is disconnect the battery, both post and put it on jack stands.

Wow - never seen a battery on jack stands?? :p:bwgy:

PK

Ldub
10/12/2008, 06:33 PM
Wow - never seen a battery on jack stands?? :p:bwgy:

PK

It would seem that I have ANOTHER brother that Mom never introduced me to...:evil:

Well played Bro...:thumbup: