PDA

View Full Version : My RX-8 was hit while parked in parking lot, not driveable!

LittleBeast
10/05/2008, 12:31 AM
Yeah it has been great being here in Waco celebrating my Dad's 59th B-day, but us kids (4 of us) went to the mall to shop this afternoon, and some lady hit my RX-8, even though I parked 5 spots away from the nearest car, she somehow managed to back into the car, hit my back door, back quarter panel, and I didn't notice at first because it was on the passenger's side and she had already left the parking lot not leaving any info, until I drove away from the lot and got to the 1st stop light and as I accelerated the rear fender dug into the tire and completely ruined my 2 week old Goodyear Eagle F1 ($300) tire, so at that point I knew something was wrong, stopped and saw what had happened, got upset, went back to the parking spot, no one was around at all of course she didn't stick around or leave a note, called security, called cops, no one seemed too care, or want to help at all, I went inside to see if anyone left their info inside the Dillards we parked in front of, nope. While I was inside the Dillards a good 30-45mins (at least) after the incident (I think because I obviously wasn't around when it happened), my sister called and said the lady that hit my car had driven back, so luckily I got her info, but I am stuck in Waco, with no means to get back to Houston, and who knows how long it will take to fix, I will probably miss coaching and working out on Monday at the least. The rear door, quarter panel, and tire are completely smoked, rear suicide door will not budge. Oh well, stuff happens, it could always be worse. You should've seen her try to back up and leave after she finally came back to fess up, she had no sense of space or direction at all. I just wanted to vent, sorry.

LittleBeast
10/05/2008, 01:14 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/rx8wreck3.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/rx8wreck2.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/rx8wreck.jpg

Ah doesn't that look great. I take the weekend car out for 1 day out of the last month, and wham I walk out of the mall to a different car, thanks to some old lady's inability to know where she is backing up.

VCrossfan
10/05/2008, 06:24 AM
Crap...Sorry to hear...Atleast she did return and you have info. Good luck with the repairs, she looks clean...

tomdietrying
10/05/2008, 10:35 AM
Ryan,
Sorry that happened. Without reading the post my first thought was it happened to your VX. That made me a bit relieved when I read more into your post. I know that doesn't help you, but I'm glad it wasn't LittleBeast.
Peace.
Tom

kodiak
10/05/2008, 12:46 PM
That’s too bad, sorry you had to go thru that.:(

Joe Isuzu
10/06/2008, 05:53 PM
sorry to hear about the bad news, but you are very lucky she came back with a guilty conscience about her incompetent driving, depending on the state (I'm unfamiliar with TX), you would either have had to claim it under your uninsured or your collision coverage, either way it'd be money out of pocket to fix somebody else's crappy driving

Tone
10/07/2008, 02:46 PM
Let me know if you and/or the RX need a ride to Houston. I was considering going down Sat around noon and Waco is right on the way...not. But I could certainly get you and if you can rent a car dolly or trailer, the ML can bring the RX with you. Let me know.

LittleBeast
10/12/2008, 10:26 PM
So, given the fact that if I could pick one of the 2 vehicles to get hit it would be the rx-8 I have been giving some serious thought to why I have it in the first place. Sure shifting the smooth 6 speed is great and there is nothing like the smoothness of a rotary engine, I think I might rather have a 2nd VX. So there it is, if I (or anyone on here) finds a nice (no body damage) VX, either 2000, or 2001 White (ironman) VX with the silver and black interior, I would more than likely sell the RX-8 asap to get the white VX as a garage queen. I will not tell you all what I have planned for it, but keep yours eyes open. I might start a thread in the wanted section, but I would rather have the white exterior and silver/black interior, I know I have seen some red interior ones for sale lately, oh well, I don't mind waiting :)

taylorRichie
10/13/2008, 07:07 AM
You're going down a slippery slope my friend ;) Two VXs :D

I was unaware that Ironmans ever came without the Red/Black interior. I missed my A4 for a little bit, then I started riding motorcycles more... Smooth Shifting 6 speed canyon carver ;)

LittleBeast
10/13/2008, 10:15 AM
You're going down a slippery slope my friend ;) Two VXs :D

I was unaware that Ironmans ever came without the Red/Black interior. I missed my A4 for a little bit, then I started riding motorcycles more... Smooth Shifting 6 speed canyon carver ;)

Yeah they never made a Victory White (ironman) with the Silver/Black interior but I thought I would throw it out there, now I have to either be content with red/black or do a swap, hmmmmm.

Oh and it is not safe to have a motorcycle in Houston, I know what you are thinking if you are safe and smart and aware of your surroundings, etc... nope not here, does not work, I have never met a rider in houston that has not had either multiple crashes, or multiple near crashes and then sold the ride to save their life. Houston = not motorcycle friendly

taylorRichie
10/13/2008, 05:02 PM
I didn't mean for city riding :D I meant for the weekend cruises :D I hate city driving on a motorcycle ANYWHERE... I went for a 200 mile ride a few weeks ago, and the only time I ever got in any "danger" was the last 5 miles in the city headed up to my house.

But it's a blast up through the canyon!

I'll make sure to steer clear of Houston if I do a trans-continental motorcycle run.

LittleBeast
10/15/2008, 12:58 PM
Sterling Auto Body out in Missouri City (basically in Houston), decided that the panels did not need replacing so they have repaired the door and the rear quarter panel. I went and looked at the work today before it was sent to paint and I have never seen my car that dirty! It has bondo shavings and bondo dust all over it!!!!! And the door/panel lines are not uniform at all. It did not pass their own inspection test because of this and if they cannot fix it they will order a new quarter panel.

VX crazy
10/15/2008, 01:47 PM
Ughhhh, HATE bondo!! What a pain, sorry Ryan!

spaceCADETzoom
10/18/2008, 10:58 AM
I think it's a whole-Texas thing for safety on a motorcycle. Cage drivers are really something else here...i've yet to form a concrete theory on the how's and why's. From the Ft Hood area (through temple, between Waco/Austin), I could hazard a guess it's attributable to rural drivers suddenly getting a lot of out-of-state traffic. And a lot of rural roads that are similarly unprepared. Southern CA the traffic is a lot more dense and you're technically in more danger, lane splitting and everyone's going at a decent clip...but in TX, it's just like they're all unaware of anyone else. There are drastically less cars here, but there are drastically more stupid things being done on TX roads--this from my own eyes, not anecdote. I truly am scared of traffic on my bike in TX.

Still better than iraqi drivers! WHile I get a tax payer funded steel cage to ride around in, their compact vehicles crush pretty easily. Funny, i don't see too many collisions unless it's between military and civilian. Guys on 50cc bikes buzzing around weaving through traffic and over bumps/holes...not one traffic incident caused flying body!