PDA

View Full Version : Grill Guard/Brush Guard, Bumper/Cladding Protection info?

LittleBeast
10/02/2008, 01:36 PM
http://www.rocky-road.com/media/vehicross2.jpg

Did this "Brian Burr" guy shown on the Rocky Road website just have his front grill guard fabricated from some local shop?

Also does this VX have Rocky Road's "Rock Rails" or "Super Sliders" on it or neither? Looks kind of like what LDub has on his right? I cannot seem to find a decent photo of the Super Sliders on a VX? The photo of the Super Sliders on the VX on Rocky Roads site enlarges into a photo of a Toyota 4Runner for some odd reason so I cannot get a good look at the difference in the two on their site, thanks for any help. *edit: I just found the real address for the blown up photo of the Super Sliders on the VX (http://www.rocky-road.com/media/vx_superslider3_med.jpg) but does anyone else have a better photo of the Super Sliders on the VX? Thanks again.

Here is the site I am asking about:
"Brian Burr's" front grill guard:
http://www.rocky-road.com/vehicross.html
Rock Rails or Super Slider:
http://www.rocky-road.com/vxrockrail.html

etlsport
10/02/2008, 02:50 PM
i think that is BBVX he is a member here.. from the limited convo i had with him i think all of his stuff is custom... i know hes pretty into the offroading scene up in boston i think it is

edit..

just looked at his profile.. the rock sliders are from swordy

ZEUS
10/02/2008, 03:04 PM
The VX modeling the sliders on the Rocky Road site is mine - check my gallery for more pics. The diff is the addition of the tube - the regular rock rails don't include it.

tomdietrying
10/02/2008, 03:14 PM
Ryan, those rock sliders look like the same type as mine. The design is actually Swordy's. I copied his design and had a metal shop make them.
Peace.
Tom

ZEUS
10/02/2008, 03:21 PM
OH! I need to mention this... I told Rocky Road that they need to take at least an inch off the total length of the sliders so that owners with bigger tires wouldn't have to cut them down. I don't think they listened to me - TaylorRichie and I, both, had to cut ours down so the tires wouldn't rub. If you had to do a lot of cladding trimming (at the rear of the front wheel wells) to fit your tires be sure to contact RR before ordering the sliders. If they refuse to take off an inch or two you may want to order from someone else. Sidenote: I have the prototype set so it may not be worth mentioning, but I am not impressed with the powder coating job they did on them. Their powder coat shop was new at the time my sliders were made, however, so maybe things are better now. It seemed too thin and I have a bit of rust developing at some of the welds.

vt_maverick
10/29/2008, 10:28 AM
Zeus - Do you have the regular rock sliders or the super sliders? I originally wanted step bars to help with entry/exit/roof access, but if you can get rock protection while you're at it, why not right? My question is: are the tube/steps as easily usable as the Luverne step bars? The RR site mentions that their bars are 2" further in than conventional step bars. That's great for the trail, but I'm not so sure my size 13 feet could fit.

Thoughts?

VX1032
10/29/2008, 12:00 PM
Triathlete pointed me to Stric9 Sliders. I got them and had them installed this week. Same general design as the RR super sliders. I think they work the same as a step bar. I hate step bars and don't use them, but they rub my ankle the same when I get into the vehicross now and my Borrego with side steps. Really nice for access to the roof! If you make it to Uwharrie this weekend (nudge) you can see them for yourself.

I don't have pics yet, I will be posting them next week after Uwharrie.

vt_maverick
10/29/2008, 01:23 PM
Triathlete pointed me to Stric9 Sliders. I got them and had them installed this week. Same general design as the RR super sliders. I think they work the same as a step bar. I hate step bars and don't use them, but they rub my ankle the same when I get into the vehicross now and my Borrego with side steps. Really nice for access to the roof! If you make it to Uwharrie this weekend (nudge) you can see them for yourself.

I don't have pics yet, I will be posting them next week after Uwharrie.

Got a website? Tried www.stric9engineering.com but getting a DNS error...

VX1032
10/29/2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah, thats an issue. They don't have a website anymore. I know there are pics of the sliders on vehicles in the gallery. Search the galleries for stric9. I know Biju has the sliders, and I think the other VX was TusconVX?? I e-mailed him back and forth, but he isn't "fast" with replies. His phone is the best way to reach him.

Just did a quick search and Biju and Ten36VX have pics in the Vehicross.info galleries.