PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter???

driver3
07/02/2003, 01:39 PM
Does anyone else think the clock in the clock for sale ad on the right looks like a helicopter? Just the way the hands are in the picture, it's too small to make out the vx in the pic.. it's been bugging me all day... sorry.. just an observation... don't worry, I'm sure they look great in person, but the icon looks like a heli... ;Do;

VXD959
07/02/2003, 01:45 PM
Driver3 -

I think it's time for you to upgrade your monitor to a 17 inch or higher (or change your glasses prescription)

Just kidding! ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;

Anita
07/02/2003, 02:09 PM
I hate to say it but I thought the same thing...... you arent alone Driver3.

17 inch monitor here... :work:

:mbrasd:

Dallas4u
07/02/2003, 02:27 PM
I've got a 13" monochrome, and even I could tell it is a VX!

Kidding, 18" LCD and it looks like that sucka is flyin'!

Joe_Black
07/02/2003, 02:30 PM
LOL! Yep, 21 inches here and it looks like a fat ole Bolkow airlift.

VXD959
07/02/2003, 02:45 PM
You are right! Now try this...

1.- Get closer to the monitor (10 inches)
2.- Stare at the center of the clock for about 20 seconds (or until you start getting dizzy...)
3.- What do you see?

( I don't know about ya'll, but I saw a seagull crappin' over a VX) LOL;Dr; ;Dr;

Heraclid
07/02/2003, 02:49 PM
I'm impressed - most people wouldn't have a clue what a Bolkow is, Joe. :-)

Don't think I ever mentioned this before, but my aspiration in life is to fly helicopters. I took some lessons in Stuart, FL a few years ago but couldn't afford to keep at it. It's one of those things you have to do often when you do your training or you're just throwing your money away. At $130-$160/hr, one does not want to have to re-learn things forgotten from previous lessons, which happens when you don't fly at least a few times per week, resulting in taking lots more hours to get your rating.

I think Scott said he flies, but I never brought up my wanting to fly helicopters at the meet.

Anita
07/02/2003, 03:11 PM
Heraclid,

Is that a smiley face on your headlight shown in your avitar? My mind has been wandering since the helicopter sighting.

:bwgr:

Heraclid
07/02/2003, 07:31 PM
Yes, it's a smiley face I drew in the mud with my finger. Joe got a pic before I washed most of the mud off at the carwash. :-)

2K1 1K2
07/02/2003, 08:17 PM
driver3 - gotta say that i thought the exact same thing since the first time i saw it - felt i'd be laughed off the board if i mentioned it. glad i'm not alone, ha ha ha! ;py;

-jose

Spike
07/03/2003, 06:24 AM
Ya know, Boeing's helicopter facilities are right outside of Philadlephia - Anyone want to donate a VX for a conversion?

From what I figure, hardly anyone uses their back seat anyway!

A flying VX would be the ultimate "Off Road" vehicle

VXD959
07/03/2003, 06:56 AM
Your dream might come true...
See Bo Whang's picture at the bottom left (before the last one) of this article
http://cardesignnews.com/news/2002/020912accd-exotics/index2.html

Legend:
"8th term Transportation student Bo Whang’s projects include an Isuzu Vehicross for 2006 that builds helicopter dynamics into its design; a next-generation Alfa Romeo Spider; and an experimental concept vehicle with a movable C-pillar to add versatility for young owners."

;eekr; ;eeky; ;eekb;

Spike
07/03/2003, 07:13 AM
I just about snarfed the glass of water I was drinking when I read it!

I have one word to say about that.

"Eek!"

Joe_Black
07/03/2003, 11:41 AM
Okayyyy, just as long as those don't appear in the same package together!

Yeah Dave, that would've been cool if you had brought that up. But as with most meets everyone is getting the Cliff Notes version of all the new folk's lives. I've got about 30 hours in a Hughes 300 but that was long ago and courtesy of a friend who owned it. I'm just your plain ole fixed wing pilot with a shade over 100 hours in mostly Cessnas and Pipers. I'm going to finish up my taildragger rating this summer though, about 4 hours in a Cub which is always a joy to fly. As with most things though, haven't had much time of late to zip to the Keys or such. The most air time I've gotten recently is in the VX! Pity I can't log it!

Heraclid
07/04/2003, 02:59 PM
Speaking of the Keys, the R-22 I took some lessons in met its demise there, off Marathon. My instructor sold it and soon after it happened. Weird thing is, just happened to be the very same night I got engaged. Bad omen perhaps? LOL! Good thing is, no one was hurt too bad, and they only missed shore by about 100 yards. Would have never known but I found the NTSB website where you can look up all sorts of things and just plugged in N411MJ for the heck of it, and there was the crash report.

WyrreJ
07/04/2003, 07:53 PM
Hey, Bo can move my C-pillar into her VX anytime she wants!