PDA

View Full Version : Rally Crashes Video

LittleBeast
09/24/2008, 12:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFFinpY6Vm4&feature=related

I am sure some of you have already seen these, but the last one especially freaks me out and the guy getting hit is crazy!

VCrossfan
09/24/2008, 02:27 PM
WOW. That left turn with the red barn in the background took many out. Also right these times down, wicked wrecks 1:25 2:55 3:12 4:10

Cobrajet
09/24/2008, 04:06 PM
I really miss the WRC on SPEED TV. Less Truck-U and more WRC!!!

WormGod
09/25/2008, 08:28 AM
Ya, that red barn really puts the navvies to the test. You can only drive as well as your navvie communicates the upcoming course. :eek:

And is it just me, or do yo too never feel bad when spectators get hit? I have been to a few rallyXs and I have never had the yearning to NEED to be right on the edge of the course. *sigh*

mdwyer
09/25/2008, 03:22 PM
And is it just me, or do yo too never feel bad when spectators get hit? I have been to a few rallyXs and I have never had the yearning to NEED to be right on the edge of the course. *sigh*

The one I worked on in Steamboat Springs was decidedly 'American'. They wouldn't let anyone NEAR the course. So I'm always so amazed at the WRC crowds. Those people are INSANE. I mean, you just watched this video -- you can see how quickly things go from good to terribly, terribly bad... They think they're going to be fast enough to jump out of the way?!

That guy was lucky there was a tree there, but even then... I've seen a telephone pole sheared off by a Subaru. The cool thing is that even after that, the doors still worked and the driver and navi were fine! The roll cage helped, I'm sure.