iamironman
09/21/2008, 10:45 PM
nm...

kodiak
09/22/2008, 01:57 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

VehiGAZ
09/22/2008, 06:08 AM
I'll sell you a Radio Shack project box just like it for half the price... with the same benefits!

WormGod
09/22/2008, 07:01 AM
I'll sell you a Radio Shack project box just like it for half the price... with the same benefits!

I'll one-up ya and sell him an empty Altoids container for 1/4 of the price. :cool:

circmand
09/22/2008, 08:54 PM
Hey thanks for the non-information... if this is the way you treat everyone new to these forums... no thanks... bite my shiney metal aassss

WormGod
09/23/2008, 07:16 AM
Hmm.... I would think the sarcasm was "information" enough.

C'mon shiny metal arse. Being the new guy, you simply don't know just yet how we feel about every little crazy Ebay item that makes "absurd" claims. Trust me, we see posts on them at least every other day.

Ease down there champ. Just be a sport and play along. :cool:

tom4bren
09/23/2008, 07:54 AM
New guys are like baby brothers - designed for abuse.

Virtual wedgies :eek: are fairly commonplace here so you'd better get used to it if you're gonna hang with the big boys.:)

ZEUS
09/23/2008, 08:03 AM
Hey thanks for the non-information... if this is the way you treat everyone new to these forums... no thanks... bite my shiney metal aassss

In any case, I would pass on this module as they seem to make some pretty wild claims, like improving shift speed - no. Then it even says you may have to step up to premium fuel - the claimed "cost per horsepower" ratio changes greatly with that in mind. And if they claim you "may need" premium fuel, that means you "may be" damaging your engine! Knocking and detonation are possible side effects to be gained with this mod, further increasing the "cost per horsepower" ratio if you have to repair your engine. Just my opinion.

VehiGAZ
09/23/2008, 08:15 AM
Zeus, I applaud your open mind! I just assumed the black box did nothing - you actually thought it through to figure out what it does (before trashing it) - good for you!

VehiGAZ
09/23/2008, 08:16 AM
iamironman - yes, unfortunately, upon pensive review, I will have to admit that this does in fact seem to be the way we treat every newbie - but just once! After that, we're as nice as can be! Give us a chance! We love making new friends! We just love ribbing, too. :-)

For my part, I had some annoyance building up with a couple of threads here (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14147) (as well as on another car forum I play on) about black-magic miracle products that I wish would not be taken seriously. I apologize for my snottiness and sarcasm, and welcome you to the board!

By the way, while I can't offer you any products that will improve your gas mileage, I can recommend a supercharger as a phenomenal way of decreasing your gas mileage. I don't know how it affects the engine, but I do know that it's an awful lot of fun to push the pedal to the floor!!

Ldub
09/23/2008, 10:24 AM

BENDER?...is that you?...:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/bender_bite.jpg

You might wanna relax a little tough guy...:sleepgray

Those were your newest bestus buds, tryin' ta save you a little money...:thumbup:

Hotsauce
09/23/2008, 03:32 PM
Heres what could be inside:

Several resistors connected to the switches to cause the computer to read a colder air temp than actual.

This will cause an increase in ignition timing up until the knock sensor reads knock.

Most of you are dedicated to low octane garbage gas, and already banging on the knock sensor. Thats why your VX gets better mileage initially after you reset the ecu. The knock count isn't yet high enough to pull timing.

John C.

nfpgasmask
09/23/2008, 03:39 PM
Most of you are dedicated to low octane garbage gas, and already banging on the knock sensor. Thats why your VX gets better mileage initially after you reset the ecu. The knock count isn't yet high enough to pull timing.

John C.

Wait a tic, so you are saying that resetting the ecu might yield a slight, temporary increase in MPG?

Bart

Hotsauce
09/23/2008, 06:21 PM
YES.

You could even wire up a kill switch to the ECU power as theft preventive feature, and thereby benefit 2 ways from shutting it off after every trip.

This is free, try it and see. Oh, and keep the tranny in power mode too.

John C.

Moncha
09/24/2008, 06:39 AM
I see no harm in a new person asking about these things but, being that we do get tons of these threads asking questions like this, it does get tiresome especially with gas prices being what they are.
Unfortunately, if you bought the VX for a mileage wagon, you bought the wrong vehicle.
Without sounding rude I hope, you will learn to accept it for what it is, or like others, after they grow tired, they sell it.