PDA

View Full Version : Marina, CA Mini-Meet

workmeistr
09/18/2008, 02:14 PM
My first ever encounter with another VX in the wild, and the first VX I've seen since owning mine for about five months.:) Sorry no pictures; no camera on-hand.:(

I met Tom (last name all the sudden escapes me), after chasing him down coming from the beach. He's in a '99 Silver (I haven't learned to tell the two different silvers apart) with red interior, apprx. 70K miles, and a roof basket on the stock cross bars. He lives in Reno and has seen and/or waved to Bart and likely others in Reno over the years. He described a tricked-out/blacked-out VX that he had seen in Reno before and it smelled of Bart's.

He was unaware of the site but promised to come up on the forum when he gets home. He and his beautiful Australian Shepard had just spent the day at the beach. He's looking forward to finding out about cladding treatment, window fixes, hood insert help, and some red dye for his seats.

He was a very personable guy and he was happy to see his first Foxfire and was interested in the mods. I hope he does come up on the forum as I think he would be a good addition. Bren.

nfpgasmask
09/18/2008, 04:41 PM
That's cool, Bren. Hopefully next time I am in the Bay area we can meet up.

Astral is a lighter silver and Kaiser is a darker silver, almost gray. Or wait, is it the other way around??? :confused:

:) Bart

etlsport
09/19/2008, 05:44 AM
That's cool, Bren. Hopefully next time I am in the Bay area we can meet up.

Astral is a lighter silver and Kaiser is a darker silver, almost gray. Or wait, is it the other way around??? :confused:

:) Bart

astral is a lighter silver.. almost looked to me like it had a sky-bluish tint..

kaiser is darker.. almost charcoal when you look at it in low light
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/000_0001.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7816)

easy was to tell them apart.. if its got 16" factory wheels on it.. its astral.. if its got 18s and climate control.. its kaiser

PK
09/20/2008, 05:26 PM
"easy was to tell them apart.. if its got 16" factory wheels on it.. its astral.. if its got 18s and climate control.. its kaiser"

Unless it is a JDM.
Then it will be Astral, have 16" wheels AND climate control.:smilewink:bwgy:

PK

workmeistr
09/20/2008, 08:35 PM
I'd forgotten that Astrals were only in '99. I had to go back and visit the VehiCROSS Wiki site.

As for that Pearl White supposedly owned by a non-forum-visiting owner in Colorado, we should get Jay Leno turned on to acquire that jem and maybe elevate the model some, but that may just drive up resale prices...good if you're selling/bad if your buying.

I'm just jealous that as a Foxfire owner, I don't really have the rarest U.S. color. I still know someone at the DMV in Colorado. With only 86 '01 Ironman's and the 1 Pearl White, how many '01 'White' VX's could possibly be registered in the state of Colorado?