PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone get OAKLEY sunglasses here?

VCAMILO
09/18/2008, 08:56 AM
I lost my favorite pair of Oakley sunglases a few days ago. I left them at the movie theather. :( Just wanted to see if anyone here was able to get Oakleys at a discount? Looking for some Oil Drum or Oil Rig in polarized. The Arizona suns kills!

Triathlete
09/18/2008, 09:21 AM
Victor, I will talk to you this weekend about getting you some WHEN you show up at the Coke Ovens trip. I can get like 70% off. I'll have to check on whats available.

crager34
09/18/2008, 09:59 AM
Shoot!! I would get some from you also.... :cool:

JHarris1385
09/18/2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah me too.

tom4bren
09/18/2008, 01:39 PM
I can get some cheap knock-offs for like ten bucks. They look OK & are so cheap that you won't be heartbroken when you leave them in the theater.

BTW: I've donated about 6 pairs to the bottom of Lake Anna in the past few years so cheap knock-offs are the way to go for me.:)

Triathlete
09/18/2008, 10:33 PM
If you are military or law enforcement (or know someone who is) you (they) can go to Oakley's US Standard Issue (https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Index.cfm) site and get the 70ish % discount. This only applies to the shades listed on the page...not all of there glasses. This info should help quite a few on here since there are more than a few in those fields!:cool:

rowhard
09/19/2008, 03:45 AM
If you are military or law enforcement (or know someone who is) you (they) can go to Oakley's US Standard Issue (https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Index.cfm) site and get the 70ish % discount. This only applies to the shades listed on the page...not all of there glasses. This info should help quite a few on here since there are more than a few in those fields!:cool:

From their FAQ page: The Oakley Military and Government Sales program is for active duty military, reserve, all government employees including local police, fire, EMS and those holding military/government retiree credentials.

VCAMILO
09/19/2008, 09:43 AM
This is very cool. I just sent you a message Tri and tom4bren. Im sure have a lot of folks here that can benefit from this if they like oakleys designs.

JHarris1385
09/19/2008, 10:32 AM
Tom where do you get the knock off from?

VCAMILO
09/19/2008, 10:51 AM
Im really looking for some Square O frames Looking for some Oil Drum or Oil Rig in polarized. See them here (http://oakley.com/category/985) because of their size. The smaller lenses aint looking good anymore...

tom4bren
09/19/2008, 02:02 PM
It's a little quick stop shop near where I work. They prolly buy them for a buck or 2 on the street in NYC. They ain't real strong but they are cheap & look OK. I trash sunglasses at about the same rate (either expensive or not) so I stick with cheap.

JHarris1385
09/19/2008, 02:04 PM
Same here....I have wasted too much money in lost sunglasses. From I assum similar activites on the water. My favorites were racing jackets. I would almost send you 10 bucks to get me a pair. Those deals never come around here anymore.

tom4bren
09/22/2008, 09:25 AM
I haven't been in that store in a while & last time I was there it was picked over pretty bad. I'll stop by this week & see what the supply looks like & let y'all know.

tom4bren
10/07/2008, 08:05 AM
They are completely out & don't plan on restocking. Sorry.

circmand
10/07/2008, 04:23 PM
www.ubid.com mens accesories sunglasses everything not just Oakleys and not just sunglasses

WormGod
10/07/2008, 09:15 PM
Bah, pony up and buy a pair. Stop whining about discounts. I might not be able to pay my mortgage, but I will sure be one cool looking homeless cat with these suckers. ;)

I just bought a pair of Oakley Half Jackets to replace my Plates. Started getting tired of people telling me I looked like a Transformer.

To:

http://www.decormyeyes.com/Shades/ProductImages/37/HALFJACKETBlackFire3.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/sunglassesgiant/Oakley-Plate-Sunglasses-3.jpg

VCAMILO
10/08/2008, 10:45 AM
LOL! I did pony up! the last pair was $175, then $130 before that, and $125 before that. Just trying to be smart and see my options with friends. I like the square look better for the city life. The other look is old and too sporty for me. I already have cheap sporty sunglasses for the arizona desert.

JHarris1385
10/08/2008, 03:16 PM
No excuses for not being able to pay your mortgage....I offered my services as a loan advisor previously.

Ldub
10/09/2008, 05:46 AM
[QUOTE=WormGod;136596]I might not be able to pay my mortgage, but I will sure be one cool looking homeless cat with these suckers. ;)

Started getting tired of people telling me I looked like a Transformer.[QUOTE]

It's not the specs Gary...it's the fact that you have mechanical arms & legs that make people say that...:razzgray:

WormGod
10/09/2008, 07:41 AM
Ha, right. I have no excuses, mostly because my mortgage company loves me. I pay them before they even send a statement. I am sure they would love me more if wouldn't slap extra principle in there too, but ah well. ;)

Dub, get it right, it's just the left leg. But they shouldnt know that since the titanium is all on the INSIDE. Perhaps I will just get some retracting claws. :cool:

IIRC, I think I paid something like $89 for the Half Jackets at a MX gear site online. It was during some sunglasses sales event though so it was limited time. I think they run like $120'ish normally. I hunted for a couple of weeks for cheap sites and it paid off. Sometimes, a little patience and some grunt work yields a good buy.

Triathlete
10/09/2008, 12:39 PM
Worm, I won't bum you out and tell you what the Mil/Gov price on those is...

...but you could have gotten 2 pair for just a few bucks more!:(

WormGod
10/09/2008, 12:58 PM
I know. My cousin is ALWAYS bragging about how cheap he got THIS and THAT and blah blah blah, and I just nod my head. The fact that he is always so angry and screwed up in the head is a Mil/Gov product that the Army Rangers created and I would gladly pay some extra bucks for some material goods to maintain my sanity. :)

Ldub
10/09/2008, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=WormGod;136661]Dub, get it right, it's just the left leg. But they shouldnt know that since the titanium is all on the INSIDE. Perhaps I will just get some retracting claws. :cool:[QUOTE]

Sorry Man...I get confused easily...:rolleyesg

If you're gonna get any "optional equipment", I'd go for CLAMPS !:thumbup:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/0000000_1clamps.gif

woody
10/10/2008, 11:21 AM
I'm an Oakley Government rep. I get most styles of the glasses, boots, and gloves if anyone is interested. email me for pricing...I can probably offer you the gov price
Woody

woody
10/10/2008, 11:23 AM
or maybe a little better than GOV price!!!