PDA

View Full Version : I cannot drive my (VX)

jamessmith
09/15/2008, 01:41 AM
FOLKS,

Due too my back problems, It is virtually impossible to drive my pride and enjoy. This really sucks, I have driven my VX maybe 150 miles this year.

Now, I am totally paranoid that due too lack of useless, I will ruin my beloved VX.

In January, I purchased a mini-split unit, so that my baby can stay cool under the car cover. I drive her maybe once a month for approximately ten miles. Once a week, I start the Vx, and allow her to idle for approximately 15 minutes. The tires are kept properly inflated, and the VX is kept in showroom condition in my garage. She is waxed three times yearly.

Selling this gem is not an option, fortunately, I can afford to keep her in my garage.

This very rare gem has only 34,654 miles on the clock, and i am the original owner.

Question???? Is there anything else that I can do to guarantee the preservation of this gem.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!!!!

I am a former-gym rat...now it is very difficult at times to tie my own shoe...what a shame!!!

tom4bren
09/15/2008, 06:22 AM
James,

My heart really goes out to you. That's the epitome of frustration to have a nice rig & not be able to drive it.

The only other advice I can give is to still do oil changes once a year even tho you're not accumulating miles. Also keep an eye on belts & hoses to make sure they don't dry rot.

Tom

VehiGAZ
09/15/2008, 06:45 AM
Mix some Stabil in the gas, since at that rate the gas in the tank will be over a year or two old before you burn all of it off.

Don't just start it once a week - drive it for a couple of miles if you can.

nocturnalVX
09/15/2008, 10:31 PM
Mix some Stabil in the gas, since at that rate the gas in the tank will be over a year or two old before you burn all of it off.

Don't just start it once a week - drive it for a couple of miles if you can.

I agree. When you can, drive the VehiCROSS to get it up to temp. and work all the moving parts that don't get used by just warming it up in place. Hope your back gets better!

Cobrajet
09/17/2008, 10:18 AM
My Cobra has been treated like that since the mid-90's. I rarely ever drive it (maybe once every 2-3 MONTHS), but when I do I usually go for 10-15 miles. I've NEVER put anything in my gas (STA-BIL or such), but I keep the battery on a Battery Tender constantly. I've probably changed the oil twice in the last ten years, and just top off the radiator and air the tires as necessary. It stays in the garage under cover, like your VX, so I think you are good to go. :)

jamessmith
09/19/2008, 05:11 PM
Cobra,

Thank you so much for sharing that information with me, now I can relax.

My family members are constantly on my back about selling the VX, but I just cannot let go of such an awesome set of wheels.

thanks folks!!!

Cobrajet
09/20/2008, 03:34 PM
It's kinda funny. My Cobra was due for inspection this month so I took it in this morning. The mileage today -- 170933; same time last year -- 170807. 126 miles in the last year!! The guy doing the inspection said, "Hope you don't mind if I just put an inspection sticker on it!" Naw, that's what they do every year. She may sound neglected, but she always runs good when I do drive her. :)

circmand
04/15/2009, 04:20 PM
cars and trucks weremade to drive. I get my Jensen out just about every weekend and get her up to speed and temp for a fun little ride. I know they make good investments nut to just see a hot piece sitting in a garage not driven to me is waste.

jamessmith
04/15/2009, 08:35 PM
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/r32volks/newgtivr6pictures15sept2008603-1.jpg?t=1239852909

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo118/r32volks/vehicrossandsundaydrivenewpictur-5.jpg?

I have two vehicles, that I cannot use due too my bad back. Both vehicles were purchased new. I just cannot let them go!!!

Pepino
04/15/2009, 08:48 PM
i have same VR6 GTI! same color and BBS rims gotta say really fast car!