PDA

View Full Version : complete randomness

pbkid
09/14/2008, 09:41 PM
hey guys im getting pretty close to graduating and so im looking into buying a home and probably a car...

before you all freak, im keeping the VX...im just looking for a daily driver....

just wanted some opinions on what people think, wondering if anyone had some good info on supra's...

anyone toyota/supra intelligent??

etlsport
09/14/2008, 10:42 PM
just my opinion but when i think about getting another car... i think mazda 6... subaru legacy.. nissan altima.. something 4 door and good on gas.. the last thing i would want is two cars with useless (or non existent) back seats and below 25 mpg

VehiGAZ
09/15/2008, 06:42 AM
just my opinion but when i think about getting another car... i think mazda 6... subaru legacy.. nissan altima.. something 4 door and good on gas.. the last thing i would want is two cars with useless (or non existent) back seats and below 25 mpg

+1!!!

Get something under warranty, too. A good solid Civic will do you right.

pbkid
09/15/2008, 01:34 PM
good valid points....

i currently have an integra as my daily driver...

i could keep that as my daily driver but i have 250k+ miles and the car was made in 92 so its startin to get old :bgwo:

ya, i love my fast cars but they really arent very practical... im also leaning towards a tacoma...

MSHardeman
09/15/2008, 02:13 PM
kid,

I've actually been looking at Isuzu Amigo's and Rodeo Sports lately. I would love to get one of these to stay in the "family" and still be able to retire the VX from daily driver status to garage queen. The Amigo's and Rodeo Sports are actually, from what I can tell, the same car but they changed the name sometime around 2000/2001. The VX is pretty much a Sport with different sheet metal so you already know how to work on the running gear and to watch out for oil consumption in the engine.

I've seen Rodeo Sport 4x4's for as low as $4k, but they usually have 80k to 100k+ miles on them. I figure I'm just going to put a bunch of miles on it anyway so why not buy a used one. If you're looking for a gas sipper, I would go with something else as I can only guess that these things get the same kind of milage that we do.

Just a thought.

WormGod
09/16/2008, 07:47 AM
As much as I laughed it up, I have a buddy who recently picked up a Toyota Yaris. He works in the naval yard in DC and commutes about 80 miles round trip daily. The joke was on me when I gassed up next to him at a Sunoco this past weekend. He pulled in after me, gassed up as we talked a bit, and left before I even had my gas cap back on my WReX. To top it all of, the mileage eats mine. Has me rethinking my priorities for my 60 mile round trip commute. Sad to say, I have a hard time finding myself trading in my VX or the WReX, and a 3rd car in my driveway seems like complete overkill. I will probably grow up one day, heh.

I guess it all comes down to whether you are looking for something that gets average, good, or great mpg. Or, if you just don't care. I fit into the the "I care, but it isn't a huge deal". Especially since I still have a love affair with the ZO6. ;)

nfpgasmask
09/16/2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah, as far as the little cars go, I actually kinda like the Yaris. I mean, its HORRIBLE, but the economy factor is where its at. It would be funny to murder one of those little guys out and weld some spikes and stuff to it....

http://www.nofuture.com/yaris.jpg

:rolleyes: Bart

pbkid
09/16/2008, 12:42 PM
lol you guys crack me up...

leave it to bart to photoshop something like that up...

Thmstec
09/16/2008, 03:43 PM
All of my rational thought agrees with etlsport completely. But I'm still 18 and some other less practical cars come to mind. Little hot hatches like the Mini Cooper S (someone on the forum got one of those) and the VW GTI really strike me as being good ideas. They both get good gas milage and the latter has quite a useful trunk-- all the while being fun to drive.