PDA

View Full Version : Robbed

Hotsauce
09/13/2008, 06:19 PM
Sucks to be me today.

I went out to the truck this afternoon about 7PM.

Alarm remote didn't work. Alarm status LED was off.

Thats when I noticed the hood released. As I walked to the front of the truck.... My Hella HID's are gone, and my optima battery as well.

The pried the plastic around the door handle, and screwdrivered the lock.

I'll be keeping a close eye on ebay and craigslist for hella rallye 4000's, as well as local cruise spots.

John C.

pbkid
09/13/2008, 06:36 PM
damn, thats brutal....im sorry man, i hate to hear another vxer having a bad day like that...

that reminds me and pushes me to get my security system done though...

tomdietrying
09/13/2008, 06:41 PM
Dude, sorry to hear the bad news. Hope tomorrow will be better.
Peace.
Tom

tom4bren
09/13/2008, 07:53 PM
Condolences Dude. I rekin the only consolation is that it could have been so much worse.

Reg Hinnant
09/13/2008, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear it Hotsauce. Happened to mine a year ago. The guy screw drivered both doors & then beat in the drivers door handle assy into the door tryin to get in. Low lifes exist everywhere.:mad:

Phantom
09/14/2008, 03:33 PM
Wow, whats that, twice in one year? It makes me sick to hear something like that happen. At least they left the stereo alone this time :/ Now you have the chance to get a yellow top to match the proton :rolleyes:

Ldub
09/14/2008, 04:10 PM
Dude, THAT SUCKS!:sighwgray

I hate thievin' P's OS.

mdwyer
09/15/2008, 08:02 AM
Must be the week for it. My Subaru was broken into last weekend. Not a whole lot of damage, except for my sanity... It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't have been about 10 yards away from where I was sleeping.

Where did it happen? Or maybe better to ask, what do you think is the best way to avoid theft? I suspect in my case, I should have actually been better about taking the faceplate off the stereo...

twistedsymphony
09/17/2008, 08:42 AM
I hate thieves... a close friend of mine had the wheels stolen off her car last week and right in front of her condo no less.
http://www.web-nine.com/albums/carpics/09_02_08_1000.jpg
it's a G35 coupe and it had a set of limited edition factory 19" wheels...

she was without her car for 2 weeks because replacement wheels had to be imported from japan :(

Normally I'm glad that I live in the woods up in NH but last month a friend of mine was telling me his wife's truck was broken into in their drive way stole her purse, GPS, iPod, wallet, and Cell Phone. and I mean they live on a dead end, dirt road where the houses are over 1000ft apart.

The police said that received reports from 30 different households in that area that same night.... I guess you're not safe anywhere anymore.

They eventually caught them a few days later but my friend isn't getting any of his stuff back for a few MONTHS because it's "evidence"

I'm glad both of my cars have Alarms and sit in a locked garage while at home.