PDA

View Full Version : My VX on tv!? Maybe?!

WormGod
09/06/2008, 09:03 AM
Well, I just got to work in this lovely tropical storm Hanna mess. It's not so bad really but DAMNIT WILL 98% OF THE MORONS WHO THINK THEY NEED TO DRIVE UNDER 20MPH EVERYWHERE JUST STAY HOME!!!!!!

*ahem* Anyways, I stopped off and took my emissions test on my way in (which was DEAD, thank god), and, od course, a bunch of the bored techs came over and started with the questions and looking around on the VX (one of them SWORE the cladding was C/F.... *sigh*). Well, it also turns out that local news channel 4 (NBC) was there in their giant sat-tower van. While standing there waiting for the VX to finish testing and talking to the curious techs, the news crew came over all donned out in their clear ponchos and asked me some questions about how it was driving on the roads in the weather. I gave them a few opinions and then the woman/reporter (dont know who she is since I only watch local fox 5 news, heh) asked if I would mind doinga short interview to record for a later airing. She laid a couple weather questions regarding "was i ready for hanna, condition of roads, blah blah blah" and at the end she asked the camera guy to back up and get a shot of my "very strange vehicle". She said something about how it looks like Hanna will have a hard time stopping me from doing what I want to do as long as I have a vehicle like this.

She thanked me and asked if i passed my emissions and I said "no reason I shouldnt have" and winked at the camera, hahaha.

Ya know, afterwards, all I got for that was a NBC4 keychain. What a bunch of cheapos, hahaha.

Anyways, anyone local that may be home, I would be interested to see if that airs!!!!!!!!! Record it if you can. PLEEEEAAAAAASE?!?!?!?!?! I am at work and wont get to see it.... IF they even use it. :(

Oh, the VX passed fine. S/C, PV1, CAI, you name it. No worries, heh.

Cobrajet
09/06/2008, 12:48 PM
I've got my DVR set up to record the Channel 4 news tonight. There isn't an evening broadcast due to college football, so the next broadcast is not until 11:00. If it's shown anytime before that I won't see it because I don't watch college football, or channel 4 news (channel 5, like you, or channel 7 in the morning to see Alison Starling!) Meybe they will post the story on their website.